Trouble on Novell's Site?

PerfectReign
Anyone else having an issue submitting a question to the Novell folks at:
http://www.novell.com/linux/microsoft/feedback.html

I keep getting:

  Error
  missing information
  Not all the required information was filled in. Please fill in the following
fields:
 email

I tried it on Konqueror, Opera and Mozilla 1.5.

Go figure.
--
kai ponte
www.perfectreign.com

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: Trouble on Novell's Site?

sfreilly

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: Trouble on Novell's Site?

John Andersen
On Tuesday 07 November 2006 18:55, Kai Ponte wrote:

> Anyone else having an issue submitting a question to the Novell folks at:
> http://www.novell.com/linux/microsoft/feedback.html
>

> I keep getting:
>

>   Error
>   missing information
>   Not all the required information was filled in. Please fill in the
> following fields:
>  email
>
> I tried it on Konqueror, Opera and Mozilla 1.5.
>
> Go figure.
Me too.  They obviously don't want any more questions on this
subject.  I tried Firefox and (horrors) MSIE.  Same exact problem.

--
_____________________________________
John Andersen

Re: Trouble on Novell's Site?

PerfectReign
On Tuesday 07 November 2006 20:45, John Andersen wrote:

> On Tuesday 07 November 2006 18:55, Kai Ponte wrote:
> > Anyone else having an issue submitting a question to the Novell folks at:
> > http://www.novell.com/linux/microsoft/feedback.html
> >

> > I keep getting:
> >

> >   Error
> >   missing information
> >   Not all the required information was filled in. Please fill in the
> > following fields:
> >  email
> >
> > I tried it on Konqueror, Opera and Mozilla 1.5.
> >
> > Go figure.
>
> Me too.  They obviously don't want any more questions on this
> subject.  I tried Firefox and (horrors) MSIE.  Same exact problem.

Yeah, I tried IE, too, just for the fun of it.

I'd email them my problem, but they're probably too busy checking on  stock
options to notice. :P

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 20:05, Kai Ponte wrote:

> > Me too.  They obviously don't want any more questions on this
> > subject.  I tried Firefox and (horrors) MSIE.  Same exact problem.
>
> Yeah, I tried IE, too, just for the fun of it.
>
> I'd email them my problem, but they're probably too busy checking on  stock
> options to notice. :P

Well they probably would be smiling for the first time in a long time...

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=NOVL&t=3m

The market loved the announcement...

--
_____________________________________
John Andersen

Re: Trouble on Novell's Site?

BandiPat
On Wednesday 08 November 2006 00:02, John Andersen wrote:

> On Tuesday 07 November 2006 20:05, Kai Ponte wrote:
> > > Me too.  They obviously don't want any more questions on this
> > > subject.  I tried Firefox and (horrors) MSIE.  Same exact
> > > problem.
> >
> > Yeah, I tried IE, too, just for the fun of it.
> >
> > I'd email them my problem, but they're probably too busy checking
> > on  stock options to notice. :P
>
> Well they probably would be smiling for the first time in a long
> time...
>
> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=NOVL&t=3m
>
> The market loved the announcement...
=========

The announcement yes, but the price has been dropping each day since
then.  If they don't watch, they'll be competing with SCO for bottom
prices and to see how long they can stay listed at such low share
pricing.

bye

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 04:30, BandiPat wrote:
> The announcement yes, but the price has been dropping each day since
> then.  If they don't watch, they'll be competing with SCO for bottom
> prices and to see how long they can stay listed at such low share
> pricing.
>
> bye

Its not dropping by much Bandi...
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=NOVL&t=5d&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

This is not the Novell of the late 90s... thats for sure.

--
_____________________________________
John Andersen

Re: Trouble on Novell's Site?

JJ Gitties
On 11/9/06, John Andersen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wednesday 08 November 2006 04:30, BandiPat wrote:
> > The announcement yes, but the price has been dropping each day since
> > then. If they don't watch, they'll be competing with SCO for bottom
> > prices and to see how long they can stay listed at such low share
> > pricing.
> >
> > bye
>
> Its not dropping by much Bandi...
> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=NOVL&t=5d&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=
>
> This is not the Novell of the late 90s... thats for sure.

I am such a friggin idiot. I should have bought low and sold high... hey
wait a minute, they  have an actual name for that in MBA school.

It's called "The *Hovsepian" maneuver.
*

--
jjgitties,

"*We* need to convince OpenSUSE to fork, or let 'em die. To bad, it is a
wonderful Distro. But their parent company is NOT our friend."

Re: Trouble on Novell's Site?

LLLActive@GMX.Net
On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 06:47 -0500, JJ Gitties wrote:

Just look at the comparison with M$ at an annual glance:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?t=my&s=NOVL&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=msft
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?t=my&l=on&z=m&q=l&p=&a=&c=msft&s=msft
A takeover candidate? MSFT is 100 x NOVL market cap.

:-/

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: Trouble on Novell's Site?

Frank Bax
At 10:55 PM 11/7/06, Kai Ponte wrote:

>Anyone else having an issue submitting a question to the Novell folks at:
>http://www.novell.com/linux/microsoft/feedback.html
>

>I keep getting:
>

>   Error
>   missing information
>   Not all the required information was filled in. Please fill in the
> following
>fields:
>  email
>
>I tried it on Konqueror, Opera and Mozilla 1.5.
>
>Go figure.

Look at the html code - the form calls the textbox containing emal address
"FROM";  if the script accepting data from this form is expecting "email",
it's never going to work on any browser.

Frank

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: Trouble on Novell's Site?

Patrick Shanahan
* Frank Bax <[hidden email]> [11-09-06 10:59]:
> Look at the html code - the form calls the textbox containing emal
> address "FROM"; if the script accepting data from this form is
> expecting "email", it's never going to work on any browser.

It was announced yesterday afternoon (gmt+5) that the mailto error had
been corrected.
--
Patrick Shanahan                        Registered Linux User #207535
http://wahoo.no-ip.org                        @ http://counter.li.org

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: Trouble on Novell's Site?

Geoffrey-2
[hidden email] wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 06:47 -0500, JJ Gitties wrote:
>
> Just look at the comparison with M$ at an annual glance:
>
> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?t=my&s=NOVL&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=msft
> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?t=my&l=on&z=m&q=l&p=&a=&c=msft&s=msft
> A takeover candidate? MSFT is 100 x NOVL market cap.

I personally don't know what Microsoft is up to.  If they wanted to kill
Linux, all they would have to do is buy Novell and Red Hat and then
simply stop developing Linux under those two companies.  Sure, there'd
be all the other smaller players, but that would be a big kick in the
teeth to Linux.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: Trouble on Novell's Site?

Basil Chupin
Geoffrey wrote:

> [hidden email] wrote:
>> On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 06:47 -0500, JJ Gitties wrote:
>>
>> Just look at the comparison with M$ at an annual glance:
>>
>> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?t=my&s=NOVL&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=msft
>> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?t=my&l=on&z=m&q=l&p=&a=&c=msft&s=msft
>> A takeover candidate? MSFT is 100 x NOVL market cap.
>
> I personally don't know what Microsoft is up to.  If they wanted to kill
> Linux, all they would have to do is buy Novell and Red Hat and then
> simply stop developing Linux under those two companies.  Sure, there'd
> be all the other smaller players, but that would be a big kick in the
> teeth to Linux.

I don't think doing it this way would be good PR and it would definitely
tip the scales against all things M$ if they tried it this way.

Cheers.

-
"If the Iranians were to have a nuclear weapon
they could proliferate."

              George W. Bush     21 March 2006

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]