Translation to Brazilian Portuguese

Thiago Vinhas
Hi Friends,

I would like to start translating the opensuse wiki to the brazilian
portuguese. I know there is already a translation to portuguese, but
it's based on the european portuguese, which is very different from the
brazilian.

How can I start? What would be the URL, since there is a pt.opensuse.org
? Could it be br.opensuse.org ?

Regards,
Thiago Vinhas

Re: Translation to Brazilian Portuguese

Martin Lasarsch
Am Monday 16 October 2006 15:13 schrieb Thiago Vinhas:
> Hi Friends,
>
> I would like to start translating the opensuse wiki to the brazilian
> portuguese. I know there is already a translation to portuguese, but
> it's based on the european portuguese, which is very different from the
> brazilian.

We will start new wikis after the new frontpage design is up, which should be
20.10.2006 ... you will read it here when it's finished. Anyway, please look
at http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Translation_Guide for more information,
but there might be some changes because of the new design.

It might be smart to get in touch with the Portuguese translator, he already
showed interest to do also the pt-br translation. Maybe you can work as a
team on the translation.

> How can I start? What would be the URL, since there is a pt.opensuse.org
> ? Could it be br.opensuse.org ?

It would be pt-br.opensuse.org iirc.
--
with kind regards,

Re: Translation to Brazilian Portuguese

Bugzilla from hugo.costelha@gmail.com
Hi,

On Monday 16 October 2006 16:41, Martin Lasarsch wrote:

> Am Monday 16 October 2006 15:13 schrieb Thiago Vinhas:
> > Hi Friends,
> >
> > I would like to start translating the opensuse wiki to the brazilian
> > portuguese. I know there is already a translation to portuguese, but
> > it's based on the european portuguese, which is very different from the
> > brazilian.
>
> We will start new wikis after the new frontpage design is up, which should
> be 20.10.2006 ... you will read it here when it's finished. Anyway, please
> look at http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Translation_Guide for more
> information, but there might be some changes because of the new design.
>
> It might be smart to get in touch with the Portuguese translator, he
> already showed interest to do also the pt-br translation. Maybe you can
> work as a team on the translation.

We (the Portuguese wiki translators team) are still waiting for the a small
correction to be made to the PT wiki so that it can be finally announced (I
do not even remember how many month ago it was...).

By the way, I would also like to now how the creation of the pt mailinl-list
is going.

> > How can I start? What would be the URL, since there is a pt.opensuse.org
> > ? Could it be br.opensuse.org ?
>
> It would be pt-br.opensuse.org iirc.

There was a person already translating parts of the wiki to brazillian
portuguese (sorry for not remembering is name). I even sent him the
portuguese translated files so that he could use them as a starting point.
I actually do not know at which point he is, but at least there are some pages
translated to brazillian portuguese on the english wiki.

I am glad to help if possible, but of course I will not be translating pages
into brazillian portuguese, as I do not know much (only what I saw
in "telenovelas" years ago). I think that the best help we can give to each
other is to be able to use already translated pages as a starting point to a
translation.

But of course I am open for discussion.

Hugo Costelha