Translating openSUSE 13.1

Karl Ove Hufthammer
I see openSUSE 13.1 is still a supported distro. Is there any point in
updating the translations for this version
(opensuse-i18n/branches/openSUSE-13_1-Branch/)?

That is, if an updated package is released for openSUSE 13.1 (e.g. a
security update for the zypper package), will the updated translations
be included?

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer

Re: Translating openSUSE 13.1

Stephan Kulow-3
Am 18.11.2015 um 20:48 schrieb Karl Ove Hufthammer:
> I see openSUSE 13.1 is still a supported distro. Is there any point in
> updating the translations for this version
> (opensuse-i18n/branches/openSUSE-13_1-Branch/)?
>
> That is, if an updated package is released for openSUSE 13.1 (e.g. a
> security update for the zypper package), will the updated translations
> be included?

I don't think so, no. And 13.1 is dead in 7 weeks anyway.

Greetings, Stephan

Re: Translating openSUSE 13.1

Karl Ove Hufthammer
Den 19. nov. 2015 18:55, Stephan Kulow skreiv:
>> That is, if an updated package is released for openSUSE 13.1 (e.g. a
>> >security update for the zypper package), will the updated translations
>> >be included?
> I don't think so, no. And 13.1 is dead in 7 weeks anyway.

Thanks. Then I’ll skip updating the translations for openSUSE 13.1.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer

Re: Translating openSUSE 13.1

Martin Schlander
Torsdag den 19. november 2015 18:55:26 skrev Stephan Kulow:

> Am 18.11.2015 um 20:48 schrieb Karl Ove Hufthammer:
> > I see openSUSE 13.1 is still a supported distro. Is there any point in
> > updating the translations for this version
> > (opensuse-i18n/branches/openSUSE-13_1-Branch/)?
> >
> > That is, if an updated package is released for openSUSE 13.1 (e.g. a
> > security update for the zypper package), will the updated translations
> > be included?
>
> I don't think so, no. And 13.1 is dead in 7 weeks anyway.

Except for Evergreen ;-) But I wouldn't expect those guys to update
translations.

Re: Translating openSUSE 13.1

Alexander Melentev

> Torsdag den 19. november 2015 18:55:26 skrev Stephan Kulow:
>> Am 18.11.2015 um 20:48 schrieb Karl Ove Hufthammer:
>> > I see openSUSE 13.1 is still a supported distro. Is there any point in
>> > updating the translations for this version
>> > (opensuse-i18n/branches/openSUSE-13_1-Branch/)?
>> >
>> > That is, if an updated package is released for openSUSE 13.1 (e.g. a
>> > security update for the zypper package), will the updated translations
>> > be included?
>>
>> I don't think so, no. And 13.1 is dead in 7 weeks anyway.
>
> Except for Evergreen ;-) But I wouldn't expect those guys to update
> translations.
> --
If the one interested enough would talk to Evergreen guys about the
issue, I believe it is possible to convince them to update the
translations at least once (at the EOL/transition moment) and then
don't touch translations at all.

--
Regards, Minton.