This list will be migrated to opensuse@opensuse.org

Henne Vogelsang-2
Hi,

as announced a while ago on the big lists [1] we will move this
list to the new mailinglist server. We have also decided to rename it
while moving it. All this will happen this friday (2006.11.10). I cant say
exactly at which time but i will send a short heads-up mail right before
we are doing it.

This means a few things for you.

1. This list, [hidden email], will be renamed to [hidden email]
   This means that mails to you will come from the new address and for
   posting you also have to send mail to [hidden email].
   The old list adress will still work but is depreceated. I will turn
   it off in the future (with notice).

2. Your subscription will get transfered to the new listserver. No action
   on your part is required to continue reciving mails from this list.

3. Because of the renaming the mailinglist headers will change.
   If you filter for headers in your mail setup please adopt
   your setup accordingly. New headers will look like this:

4. Mails will originate from the new server. If you accepts listmails
   only from the listserver adopt your setup accordingly. The mails
   will originate from

   DNS: lists4.suse.de
   IP:  195.135.221.135

5. The webarchive of this list is located at

        http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/

6. We are using a new mailinglist manager on the new server. This means
   some aspects of using the list changed. Some features are dropped and
   some new features are added. For a complete list check out this post:
   http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-announce/2006-08/msg00005.html

7. If you have any problems at all with the new setup please dont
   hesitate to contact me!

Henne

[1] http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2006-Nov/1464.html
    http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux/2006-Nov/0440.html

--
ml-admin

Re: This list will be migrated to opensuse@opensuse.org

Dave Howorth-2
On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 19:44 +0100, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
> we will move this list to the new mailinglist server.

> 3. Because of the renaming the mailinglist headers will change.
>    If you filter for headers in your mail setup please adopt
>    your setup accordingly. New headers will look like this:

All sounds good.

I filter on [SLE] in the subject (and similar for amd64 list). Will that
change?

Thanks and regards, Dave

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: This list will be migrated to opensuse@opensuse.org

Hans Witvliet
On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 19:44 +0100, Henne Vogelsang wrote:

> 1. This list, [hidden email], will be renamed to [hidden email]
>    This means that mails to you will come from the new address and for
>    posting you also have to send mail to [hidden email].
>    The old list adress will still work but is depreceated. I will turn
>    it off in the future (with notice).

Well, as long as it will not be renamed to:
[hidden email]

;-)

Bugzilla from rll@felton.felton.ca.us
Carlos E. R. wrote:

> The Wednesday 2006-11-08 at 20:57 -0000, Dave Howorth wrote:
>
> > All sounds good.
>
> > I filter on [SLE] in the subject (and similar for amd64 list). Will that
> > change?
>
> Yes, of course.
>
> But the recomended thing is to filter on "X-Mailinglist: opensuse". It's
> on the FAQ somewhere.

I just expanded headers in Thunderbird to look for "X-Mailinglist: opensuse"
and I am either blind or it wasn't there.

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: This list will be migrated to opensuse@opensuse.org

Patrick Shanahan
* Robert Lewis <[hidden email]> [11-08-06 17:27]:
> I just expanded headers in Thunderbird to look for "X-Mailinglist:
> opensuse" and I am either blind or it wasn't there.

Now it wouldn't be on suse-linux-e, would it?  But if you look on the
opensuse list:

--
Patrick Shanahan                        Registered Linux User #207535
http://wahoo.no-ip.org                        @ http://counter.li.org

Jim Cunning wrote:

> On Wednesday 08 November 2006 14:24, Robert Lewis wrote:
>
>> Carlos E. R. wrote:

>>> Yes, of course.
>>>
>>> But the recomended thing is to filter on "X-Mailinglist: opensuse". It's
>>> on the FAQ somewhere.
>>>
>> I just expanded headers in Thunderbird to look for "X-Mailinglist:
>> opensuse" and I am either blind or it wasn't there.
>>

> That's because the current list is sending the header (taken from this
> message):
>
> Wait till the new one is up and running, then look for it.
>
> Jim

Jim,

Sorry to be stupid here but I tried expaning all headers in Thunderbird
to look for
message
off and looked with vi and still don't see it.  What am I doing wrong?

Bob

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: This list will be migrated to opensuse@opensuse.org

Randall Schulz
On Wednesday 08 November 2006 14:51, Robert Lewis wrote:

> Jim Cunning wrote:
> >
> > Wait till the new one is up and running, then look for it.
> >
> > Jim
>
> Jim,
>
> Sorry to be stupid here but I tried expaning all headers in
> Thunderbird to look for
> entire message
> off and looked with vi and still don't see it.  What am I doing
> wrong?
>
> Bob

Since "Jim" does not appear to be part of the discussion here on the
list, I wonder if you're looking at a direct reply from him to you? If
so, you shouldn't expect to find it. Look at a posting to the list.
They all have that header.

(By the way, you may be getting more direct replies than you want
because you're including a Reply-To header in your posts which request
that responses go to you, not the list.)

Randall Schulz

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: This list will be migrated to opensuse@opensuse.org

Randall Schulz
Henne,

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 10:44, Henne Vogelsang wrote:

> This means a few things for you.
>
> 1. This list, [hidden email], will be renamed to
> [hidden email]

Does this mean that this list is being merged with the existing
[hidden email] list? Or is that list being renamed, too?

Randall Schulz

Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> * Robert Lewis <[hidden email]> [11-08-06 17:27]:
>
>> I just expanded headers in Thunderbird to look for "X-Mailinglist:
>> opensuse" and I am either blind or it wasn't there.
>>

> Now it wouldn't be on suse-linux-e, would it?  But if you look on the
> opensuse list:

I want to be clear.  Are you saying that the header discussed above
isn't on suse-linux-e
but will magically appear when the new list is created soon?

Cheers,
Bob

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: This list will be migrated to opensuse@opensuse.org

Randall Schulz
Robert,

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 15:08, Robert Lewis wrote:

> Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * Robert Lewis <[hidden email]> [11-08-06 17:27]:
> >> I just expanded headers in Thunderbird to look for "X-Mailinglist:
> >> opensuse" and I am either blind or it wasn't there.
> >
> > Now it wouldn't be on suse-linux-e, would it?  But if you look on
> > the opensuse list:

> > <mailto:opensuse-unsubscribe-ptilopteri=[hidden email]>
>
> I want to be clear.  Are you saying that the header discussed above
> isn't on suse-linux-e
> but will magically appear when the new list is created soon?

It's included now in all messages distributed via [hidden email].

I think Patrick was saying that "opensuse" won't appear on a list name
suse-linux-e.

> Cheers,
> Bob

Randall Schulz

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: This list will be migrated to opensuse@opensuse.org

Bugzilla from rll@felton.felton.ca.us
Thanks to all that replied.

I got it now.

Bob

On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 22:59 +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> The Wednesday 2006-11-08 at 20:57 -0000, Dave Howorth wrote:
>
> > All sounds good.
> >
> > I filter on [SLE] in the subject (and similar for amd64 list). Will that
> > change?
>
> Yes, of course.
>
> But the recomended thing is to filter on "X-Mailinglist: opensuse". It's
> on the FAQ somewhere.

You know what? What I'd really like is an answer to the question I
asked, from the man who actually knows the answer rather than from
somebody who is guessing.

And thanks also to everybody else who hijacked the thread :)

I guess I should add a follow-on to my question. If [SLE] isn't there,
will there be some equivalent identifying string in the subject line and
if so, what is it please?

Thanks, Dave

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: This list will be migrated to opensuse@opensuse.org

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: This list will be migrated to opensuse@opensuse.org

Patrick Shanahan
* Dave Howorth <[hidden email]> [11-08-06 18:59]:
> I guess I should add a follow-on to my question. If [SLE] isn't
> there, will there be some equivalent identifying string in the
> subject line and if so, what is it please?

This list is being merged into the opensuse list which has [opensuse]
in the Subject: header line.  When the merger is done, the lists will
be one as 'opensuse'.  Why wouldn't the same identifing string remain?
--
Patrick Shanahan                        Registered Linux User #207535
http://wahoo.no-ip.org                        @ http://counter.li.org
HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: This list will be migrated to opensuse@opensuse.org

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: This list will be migrated to opensuse@opensuse.org

Bruce Marshall
On Wednesday 08 November 2006 19:22, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> You can see for yourself as the list in question already exist, and has
> existed for a long time.

Which brings up the question - - -   what's to migrate?

Why don't we just all hop on over and join the opensuse list.....?

I must have missed something.

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: This list will be migrated to opensuse@opensuse.org

Jorge Fábregas-2
On Wednesday 08 November 2006 5:59 pm, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> But the recomended thing is to filter on "X-Mailinglist: opensuse". It's
> on the FAQ somewhere.

Ok, I just now started to use that header "X-Mailinglist' in Kmail.  After a
while I noticed the filter wasn't working (I had both: suse-linux-e or
opensuse)...   It turns out that the LOV on Kmail filter settings shows
X-Mailing-List instead of X-Mailinglist.  I wonder if there's any standard on
that :(

Cheers!
Jorge

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: This list will be migrated to opensuse@opensuse.org

Patrick Shanahan
* Bruce Marshall <[hidden email]> [11-08-06 19:36]:
> Which brings up the question - - -   what's to migrate?
>
> Why don't we just all hop on over and join the opensuse list.....?
>
> I must have missed something.

Apparently, from Henne's post:

1. This list, [hidden email], will be renamed to [hidden email]
   This means that mails to you will come from the new address and for
   posting you also have to send mail to [hidden email].
   The old list adress will still work but is depreceated. I will turn
   it off in the future (with notice).

2. Your subscription will get transfered to the new listserver. No action
   on your part is required to continue reciving mails from this list.

--
Patrick Shanahan                        Registered Linux User #207535
http://wahoo.no-ip.org                        @ http://counter.li.org
HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

123