The wiki

Magnus Boman
Hello,

On the openSUSE front page, I would like to see what pages in the wiki
that are most popular, what new pages have been created recently,
perhaps most recommended or top rated pages etc.
This would make a good start for new (and even existing) users when
they hit the front page.
Is this at all possible to do with the current wiki, and if so, does
anyone else think it would be a good idea?

Cheers,
Magnus

Re: The wiki

Rajko M.
Magnus Boman wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On the openSUSE front page, I would like to see what pages in the wiki
> that are most popular, what new pages have been created recently,
> perhaps most recommended or top rated pages etc.
> This would make a good start for new (and even existing) users when
> they hit the front page.
> Is this at all possible to do with the current wiki, and if so, does
> anyone else think it would be a good idea?
>
> Cheers,
> Magnus

Hi Magnus,

that is easier to do using bookmarks in your web browser, like I do.
The openSUSE wiki front page is already filled with a lot of content,
and some reduction is what we need, but that will come after new layout
is set.

See the group of threads with FPR (Front Page Redesign) in subject.
Here is
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-wiki/2006-08/msg00066.html
one of them.

Rajko.
Visit http://en.opensuse.org/MiniSUSE

Re: The wiki

Magnus Boman
>>> On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at  9:17 AM, in message
<[hidden email]>,
Rajko M <[hidden email]> wrote:
> that is easier to do using bookmarks in your web browser, like I do.
Sure, if you been browsing the site before.

> The openSUSE wiki front page is already filled with a lot of
content,
> and some reduction is what we need, but that will come after new
layout
> is set.
I agree, and the proposed page looks really nice.

> See the group of threads with FPR (Front Page Redesign) in subject.
> Here is
> http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse- wiki/2006- 08/msg00066.html
> one of them.
I confess that I have not been following the topic.

Perhaps just one more link in the Tips & Tricks section could be
"Recommended", "Popular" or something like that. Or even a More... where
my suggestion would probably fit better.

Cheers,
Magnus

Re: The wiki

Rajko M.
Magnus Boman wrote:

> <[hidden email]>,
> Rajko M <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> that is easier to do using bookmarks in your web browser, like I do.
> Sure, if you been browsing the site before.
>
>> The openSUSE wiki front page is already filled with a lot of
> content,
>> and some reduction is what we need, but that will come after new
> layout
>> is set.
> I agree, and the proposed page looks really nice.
>
>> See the group of threads with FPR (Front Page Redesign) in subject.
>> Here is
>> http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse- wiki/2006- 08/msg00066.html
>> one of them.
> I confess that I have not been following the topic.
>
> Perhaps just one more link in the Tips & Tricks section could be
> "Recommended", "Popular" or something like that. Or even a More... where
> my suggestion would probably fit better.
>
> Cheers,
> Magnus

There will be articles of the month section on front page.

Here is the splash screen for international portal,
http://www.suse.de/~fs/opensuse/splash.html

and this is home ie. front page:
http://www.suse.de/~fs/opensuse/home.html

This is final, for now.