TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

Frank Krüger
Hi there

After today's update to TW20180201 sddm changed from breeze for openSUSE
to breeze. Choosing the former and logout/login/restart does not change
anything.

Any idea?

Thank you.

Regards, Frank
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

Frank Krüger
Am 03.02.2018 um 11:40 schrieb Frank Krüger:

> Hi there
>
> After today's update to TW20180201 sddm changed from breeze for openSUSE
> to breeze. Choosing the former and logout/login/restart does not change
> anything.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards, Frank
>
FYI: Changing sddm-theme-openSUSE to an older version works as expected.

Regards, Frank
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 12:35:13 schrieb Frank Krüger:

> Am 03.02.2018 um 11:40 schrieb Frank Krüger:
> > Hi there
> >
> > After today's update to TW20180201 sddm changed from breeze for openSUSE
> > to breeze. Choosing the former and logout/login/restart does not change
> > anything.
> >
> > Any idea?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Regards, Frank
>
> FYI: Changing sddm-theme-openSUSE to an older version works as expected.

Hm, there haven't been any changes, except to the provides/obsoletes for the
KDE4 branding.

Do you get conflicts when you install the latest version?

Although I don't see why it should fall back to breeze in any case.
Except if there is something wrong with the postinstall scripts that modify
/etc/sddm.conf...
What happens if you remove that file?
What is in the files that are in /usr/lib/sddm.conf.d/ ?

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 14:20:59 schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:
> What is in the files that are in /usr/lib/sddm.conf.d/ ?

Sorry, typo. I mean /usr/lib/sddm/sddm.conf.d/ ...

OTOH, maybe you actually do see the breeze-openSUSE theme, just the wallpaper
is missing... (they are quite similar)

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

Frank Krüger
In reply to this post by Wolfgang Bauer
Am 03.02.2018 um 14:20 schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:

> Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 12:35:13 schrieb Frank Krüger:
>> Am 03.02.2018 um 11:40 schrieb Frank Krüger:
>>> Hi there
>>>
>>> After today's update to TW20180201 sddm changed from breeze for openSUSE
>>> to breeze. Choosing the former and logout/login/restart does not change
>>> anything.
>>>
>>> Any idea?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Regards, Frank
>>
>> FYI: Changing sddm-theme-openSUSE to an older version works as expected.
>
> Hm, there haven't been any changes, except to the provides/obsoletes for the
> KDE4 branding.
>
> Do you get conflicts when you install the latest version?

Not at all.

> Although I don't see why it should fall back to breeze in any case.
> Except if there is something wrong with the postinstall scripts that
modify
> /etc/sddm.conf...
> What happens if you remove that file?

Removing /etc/sddm.conf did not change anything.

> What is in the files that are in /usr/lib/sddm.conf.d/ ?
> Sorry, typo. I mean /usr/lib/sddm/sddm.conf.d/ ...
>

It contains "00-general.conf" and "10-theme.conf", where the latter has
[Theme]
Current=breeze-openSUSE
CursorTheme=breeze_cursors

> OTOH, maybe you actually do see the breeze-openSUSE theme, just the
wallpaper
> is missing... (they are quite similar)

Well, I see the blue breeze sddm, while I have chosen the green
breeze-openSUSE theme. Where does the wallpaper come from?

Regards, Frank


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 15:31:24 schrieb Frank Krüger:
> > Do you get conflicts when you install the latest version?
>
> Not at all.

Then it should not be related to the latest changes, which would have
surprised me anyway.

> > What is in the files that are in /usr/lib/sddm.conf.d/ ?
> > Sorry, typo. I mean /usr/lib/sddm/sddm.conf.d/ ...
>
> It contains "00-general.conf" and "10-theme.conf", where the latter has
> [Theme]
> Current=breeze-openSUSE
> CursorTheme=breeze_cursors

Well, that does specify the breeze-openSUSE theme.

> > OTOH, maybe you actually do see the breeze-openSUSE theme, just the
>
> wallpaper
>
> > is missing... (they are quite similar)
>
> Well, I see the blue breeze sddm, while I have chosen the green
> breeze-openSUSE theme.

It's not green really, is it? ;-)

But as mentioned, the main difference is the background.
Leave out the wallpaper and you'll basically have the standard breeze theme.

> Where does the wallpaper come from?

/usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/components/artwork/1920x1080.jpg
included in the package sddm-theme-openSUSE, and specified in
/usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/theme.conf ...

You can set/change it with systemsettings5 though, but that doesn't support
the new config locations yet. I.e. it will not be able to read the default
settings, and will write changes to /etc/sddm.conf (which is still respected
though).

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

Frank Krüger
Am 03.02.2018 um 16:16 schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:

> Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 15:31:24 schrieb Frank Krüger:
>>> Do you get conflicts when you install the latest version?
>>
>> Not at all.
>
> Then it should not be related to the latest changes, which would have
> surprised me anyway.
>
>>> What is in the files that are in /usr/lib/sddm.conf.d/ ?
>>> Sorry, typo. I mean /usr/lib/sddm/sddm.conf.d/ ...
>>
>> It contains "00-general.conf" and "10-theme.conf", where the latter has
>> [Theme]
>> Current=breeze-openSUSE
>> CursorTheme=breeze_cursors
>
> Well, that does specify the breeze-openSUSE theme.
>
>>> OTOH, maybe you actually do see the breeze-openSUSE theme, just the
>>
>> wallpaper
>>
>>> is missing... (they are quite similar)
>>
>> Well, I see the blue breeze sddm, while I have chosen the green
>> breeze-openSUSE theme.
>
> It's not green really, is it? ;-)
>
> But as mentioned, the main difference is the background.
> Leave out the wallpaper and you'll basically have the standard breeze theme.
>
>> Where does the wallpaper come from?
>
> /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/components/artwork/1920x1080.jpg
> included in the package sddm-theme-openSUSE, and specified in
> /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/theme.conf ...
>
> You can set/change it with systemsettings5 though, but that doesn't support
> the new config locations yet. I.e. it will not be able to read the default
> settings, and will write changes to /etc/sddm.conf (which is still respected
> though).
>
> Kind Regards,
> Wolfgang
>
I am not sure whether this could be relevant, but

sddm-greeter --theme /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE
sddm-greeter --theme /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze

give the same preview.

Regards, Frank
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 17:22:36 schrieb Frank Krüger:
> I am not sure whether this could be relevant, but
>
> sddm-greeter --theme /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE
> sddm-greeter --theme /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze
>
> give the same preview.

Well, there you have it... ;-)

So I find it rather likely that indeed the breeze-openSUSE theme is used (as
that's what's apparently specified in the config).

What's the content of /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/theme.conf ?

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

Frank Krüger
Am 03.02.2018 um 18:02 schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:

> Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 17:22:36 schrieb Frank Krüger:
>> I am not sure whether this could be relevant, but
>>
>> sddm-greeter --theme /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE
>> sddm-greeter --theme /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze
>>
>> give the same preview.
>
> Well, there you have it... ;-)
>
> So I find it rather likely that indeed the breeze-openSUSE theme is used (as
> that's what's apparently specified in the config).
>
> What's the content of /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/theme.conf ?

[General]
type=image
color=#1d99f3
background=components/artwork/1920x1080.jpg

Regards, Frank
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

Peter Suetterlin-2
In reply to this post by Wolfgang Bauer
Wolfgang Bauer wrote:

> Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 17:22:36 schrieb Frank Krüger:
> > I am not sure whether this could be relevant, but
> >
> > sddm-greeter --theme /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE
> > sddm-greeter --theme /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze
> >
> > give the same preview.
>
> Well, there you have it... ;-)
>
> So I find it rather likely that indeed the breeze-openSUSE theme is used (as
> that's what's apparently specified in the config).
>
> What's the content of /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/theme.conf ?

As a side note, something similar happened with the change of the splash screen:
The splash screen was changed, but not the preview, so in config you still saw
the old black/green bulb, where in reality the splash was already the new
one....
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 17:55:54 schrieb Peter Suetterlin:
> As a side note, something similar happened with the change of the splash
> screen: The splash screen was changed, but not the preview, so in config
> you still saw the old black/green bulb, where in reality the splash was
> already the new one....

How is that similar?
It's just that nobody updated the preview image apparently...

The problem discussed here is about the login screen itself as I understand
it.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

Wolfgang Bauer
In reply to this post by Frank Krüger
Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 18:23:31 schrieb Frank Krüger:
> Am 03.02.2018 um 18:02 schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:
> > What's the content of /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/theme.conf ?
>
> [General]
> type=image
> color=#1d99f3
> background=components/artwork/1920x1080.jpg

Ok. And the mentioned file exists and is readable?
ls -l  /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/components/artwork/1920x1080.jpg

The actual wallpaper is part of the package wallpaper-branding-openSUSE btw, so check that this is installed.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

Peter Suetterlin-2
In reply to this post by Wolfgang Bauer
Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
> Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 17:55:54 schrieb Peter Suetterlin:
> > As a side note, something similar happened with the change of the splash
> > screen: The splash screen was changed, but not the preview, so in config
> > you still saw the old black/green bulb, where in reality the splash was
> > already the new one....
>
> How is that similar?
> It's just that nobody updated the preview image apparently...

It's how I interpreted his

-----
Well, I see the blue breeze sddm, while I have chosen the green
breeze-openSUSE theme. Where does the wallpaper come from?
-----

A mismatch between what he sees in config and on the screen....
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 18:43:44 schrieb Peter Suetterlin:
> It's how I interpreted his
>
> -----
> Well, I see the blue breeze sddm, while I have chosen the green
> breeze-openSUSE theme. Where does the wallpaper come from?
> -----
>
> A mismatch between what he sees in config and on the screen....

But in the case of the sddm theme, the preview picture does show Tumbleweed's  
login screen with the current wallpaper. (unless that would have changed since
yesterday)

He seems to see no wallpaper at all, only a blue background.
Just like the upstream breeze theme looks like.

Unless I completely misunderstood everything written here until now... ;-)

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

Frank Krüger
In reply to this post by Wolfgang Bauer
Am 03.02.2018 um 19:09 schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:

> Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 18:23:31 schrieb Frank Krüger:
>> Am 03.02.2018 um 18:02 schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:
>>> What's the content of /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/theme.conf ?
>>
>> [General]
>> type=image
>> color=#1d99f3
>> background=components/artwork/1920x1080.jpg
>
> Ok. And the mentioned file exists and is readable?
> ls -l  /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/components/artwork/1920x1080.jpg
>
> The actual wallpaper is part of the package wallpaper-branding-openSUSE btw, so check that this is installed.
>

The file exists and is readable, the package wallpaper-branding-openSUSE
is installed. By the way, the output of "sddm-greeter --theme
/usr/share/sddm/..." contains

file:///usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/components/VirtualKeyboard.qml:20:1:
module "QtQuick.VirtualKeyboard" is not installed

Shall I open a bugreport?

Regards, Frank
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 20:25:05 schrieb Frank Krüger:
> The file exists and is readable

Ok, but is it readable for the sddm user?
And is the theme.conf readable for the sddm user?

> , the package wallpaper-branding-openSUSE
> is installed. By the way, the output of "sddm-greeter --theme
> /usr/share/sddm/..." contains
>
> file:///usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/components/VirtualKeyboard.qml
> :20:1: module "QtQuick.VirtualKeyboard" is not installed
>
> Shall I open a bugreport?

 That's normal, I get that too.
Unrelated to the *wallpaper* though.

Maybe if you'd post the whole output, something could be spotted...

Another thing: IIRC, you wrote that it works as expected if you install the
previous version of sddm-theme-openSUSE.
What's the exact version/revision of the working one vs. the non-working one.

Though as I said, there shouldn't be any difference between the two packages.
So maybe it would also help to *reinstall* the latest package? (zypper in -f
sddm-theme-openSUSE)

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

Frank Krüger
Am 03.02.2018 um 21:31 schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:
> Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 20:25:05 schrieb Frank Krüger:
>> The file exists and is readable
> Ok, but is it readable for the sddm user?
> And is the theme.conf readable for the sddm user?

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 65 31. Okt 17:08 theme.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 71 31. Okt 17:08 1920x1080.jpg ->
../../../../../wallpapers/openSUSEdefault/contents/images/1920x1080.jpg

>> , the package wallpaper-branding-openSUSE
>> is installed. By the way, the output of "sddm-greeter --theme
>> /usr/share/sddm/..." contains
>>
>> file:///usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/components/VirtualKeyboard.qml
>> :20:1: module "QtQuick.VirtualKeyboard" is not installed
>>
>> Shall I open a bugreport?
>
>  That's normal, I get that too.
> Unrelated to the *wallpaper* though.
>
> Maybe if you'd post the whole output, something could be spotted...

sddm-greeter --theme /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE
[21:52:14.992] (II) GREETER: High-DPI autoscaling not Enabled
[21:52:15.076] (II) GREETER: Loading theme configuration from
"/usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/theme.conf"
[21:52:15.076] (II) GREETER: Reading from
"/usr/share/xsessions/icewm-session.desktop"
[21:52:15.076] (II) GREETER: Reading from
"/usr/share/xsessions/icewm.desktop"
[21:52:15.077] (II) GREETER: Reading from
"/usr/share/xsessions/plasma5.desktop"
[21:52:15.077] (II) GREETER: Reading from
"/usr/share/wayland-sessions/plasmawayland.desktop"
[21:52:15.079] (EE) GREETER: Socket error:
"QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Ungültiger Name"
[21:52:15.080] (EE) GREETER: Cannot connect to the daemon - is it running?
[21:52:15.225] (II) GREETER: Loading
file:///usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/Main.qml...
[21:52:15.518] (WW) GREETER: Empty filename passed to function
[21:52:15.518] (WW) GREETER: Empty filename passed to function
[21:52:15.566] (WW) GREETER:
file:///usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/components/VirtualKeyboard.qml:20:1:
module "QtQuick.VirtualKeyboard" is not installed
[21:52:15.691] (II) GREETER: Adding view for "LVDS" QRect(0,0 1280x800)

> Another thing: IIRC, you wrote that it works as expected if you install the
> previous version of sddm-theme-openSUSE.
> What's the exact version/revision of the working one vs. the non-working one.

sddm-theme-openSUSE-42.1.1-38.1.noarch
vs
sddm-theme-openSUSE-15.0~git20180116T134836~c3ce1b2-271.1.noarch

Regards, Frank





--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW20180201 Update and SDDM Issue

Frank Krüger
In reply to this post by Wolfgang Bauer
Am 03.02.2018 um 21:31 schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:

> Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 20:25:05 schrieb Frank Krüger:
>> The file exists and is readable
>
> Ok, but is it readable for the sddm user?
> And is the theme.conf readable for the sddm user?
>
>> , the package wallpaper-branding-openSUSE
>> is installed. By the way, the output of "sddm-greeter --theme
>> /usr/share/sddm/..." contains
>>
>> file:///usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/components/VirtualKeyboard.qml
>> :20:1: module "QtQuick.VirtualKeyboard" is not installed
>>
>> Shall I open a bugreport?
>
>  That's normal, I get that too.
> Unrelated to the *wallpaper* though.
>

"sddm-greeter --theme /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE" gives the
correct preview if I remove the content of "theme.conf.user" in
/usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE. SDDM works/looks as expected.

However, using kcm_sddm to choose "Breeze for openSUSE" changes
theme.conf.user" to ([General] type=color, which leads to the issue of
this thread.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Frank


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]