TW/Libreoffice 6

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

CnZhx
On Friday, 2 February 2018 20:52:54 GMT Frank Krüger wrote:

> Am 02.02.2018 um 21:33 schrieb Axel Braun:

> > Yes, that worked! Now it looks more familar again :-)
> >
> >> If I recall correct, libreoffice-gtk3 is automatically removed during the
> >> upgrade.
> >
> > Obviously not....
>
> Agreed. See, e.g.,
> https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2018-01/msg00213.html. Bug
> report?
>
> Regards, Frank
I cannot remember whether libreoffice-gtk3 is initially installed or not. If
not, then I have installed it manually. (All these are for some testing
purpose which I cannot remember. My memory is really not reliable as you can
see.) But I do have this package removed some time long before the LO 6.0
update. Maybe that's way I have no problem with the dialog.

Does anyone know whether libreoffice-gtk3 is initially installed with LO in
KF5 DE or not?

Cheers,
Haoxian

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

Frank Krüger
Am 02.02.2018 um 22:06 schrieb H Zeng:

> On Friday, 2 February 2018 20:52:54 GMT Frank Krüger wrote:

>>> Yes, that worked! Now it looks more familar again :-)

>>> Obviously not....
>>
>> Agreed. See, e.g.,
>> https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2018-01/msg00213.html. Bug
>> report?
>>
>> Regards, Frank
> I cannot remember whether libreoffice-gtk3 is initially installed or not. If
> not, then I have installed it manually. (All these are for some testing
> purpose which I cannot remember. My memory is really not reliable as you can
> see.) But I do have this package removed some time long before the LO 6.0
> update. Maybe that's way I have no problem with the dialog.
>
> Does anyone know whether libreoffice-gtk3 is initially installed with LO in
> KF5 DE or not?

if I remember correctly, libreoffice-kde4 was removed in TW 20171021,
but was not replaced automatically by libreoffice-gtk3. I had to do it
manually..

Regards, Frank

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

CnZhx
wrote:

> >> Agreed. See, e.g.,
> >> https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2018-01/msg00213.html. Bug
> >> report?
> >>
> >> Regards, Frank
> >
> > I cannot remember whether libreoffice-gtk3 is initially installed or not.
> > If not, then I have installed it manually. (All these are for some
> > testing purpose which I cannot remember. My memory is really not reliable
> > as you can see.) But I do have this package removed some time long before
> > the LO 6.0 update. Maybe that's way I have no problem with the dialog.
> >
> > Does anyone know whether libreoffice-gtk3 is initially installed with LO
> > in
> > KF5 DE or not?
>
> if I remember correctly, libreoffice-kde4 was removed in TW 20171021,
> but was not replaced automatically by libreoffice-gtk3. I had to do it
> manually..
>
> Regards, Frank
Thanks, Frank :-)

Then, I think there is no need for a bug report because the problem pops up
only when libreoffice-gtk3 was intentionally installed. We should not remove
libreoffice-gtk3 on update because it's installed by the user not by default,
should we?

Cheers,
Haoxian

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

Frank Krüger
Am 02.02.2018 um 22:21 schrieb H Zeng:

> On Friday, 2 February 2018 21:12:27 GMT Frank Krüger wrote:

>>> I cannot remember whether libreoffice-gtk3 is initially installed or not.
>>> If not, then I have installed it manually. (All these are for some
>>> testing purpose which I cannot remember. My memory is really not reliable
>>> as you can see.) But I do have this package removed some time long before
>>> the LO 6.0 update. Maybe that's way I have no problem with the dialog.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know whether libreoffice-gtk3 is initially installed with LO
>>> in
>>> KF5 DE or not?
>>
>> if I remember correctly, libreoffice-kde4 was removed in TW 20171021,
>> but was not replaced automatically by libreoffice-gtk3. I had to do it
>> manually..
>>
>> Regards, Frank
> Thanks, Frank :-)
>
> Then, I think there is no need for a bug report because the problem pops up
> only when libreoffice-gtk3 was intentionally installed. We should not remove
> libreoffice-gtk3 on update because it's installed by the user not by default,
> should we?

Agreed. Thx.

Regards, Frank

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

Knurpht-openSUSE
Op vrijdag 2 februari 2018 22:24:25 CET schreef Frank Krüger:

> Am 02.02.2018 um 22:21 schrieb H Zeng:

> >> if I remember correctly, libreoffice-kde4 was removed in TW 20171021,
> >> but was not replaced automatically by libreoffice-gtk3. I had to do it
> >> manually..
> >>
> >> Regards, Frank
> >
> > Thanks, Frank :-)
> >
> > Then, I think there is no need for a bug report because the problem pops
> > up
> > only when libreoffice-gtk3 was intentionally installed. We should not
> > remove libreoffice-gtk3 on update because it's installed by the user not
> > by default, should we?
>
> Agreed. Thx.
>
> Regards, Frank

IIRC libreoffice-kde4 packages were reintroduced . Yet the gtk3 package should
be uninstalled if on a KDE desktop
--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member
openSUSE Forums Team

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

nicholas cunliffe
if the reason libreoffice-gtk3 was installed was due to another
package will uninstall not then break the other package? have done a
reverse dependency search sudo zypper se -i --requires
libreoffice-gtk3 and nothing comes up.

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 07:26:13 schrieb nicholas cunliffe:
> if the reason libreoffice-gtk3 was installed was due to another
> package will uninstall not then break the other package? have done a
> reverse dependency search sudo zypper se -i --requires
> libreoffice-gtk3 and nothing comes up.

It's not requires, just like libreoffice-kde4 is not required.

These packages supplement the corresponding desktop, i.e. they get installed
as recommended package if the corresponding desktop is installed. (This also
means that you won't get them automatically if you disabled installation of
recommended packages).

It normally shouldn't be a problem to have both installed, LibreOffice should
choose the proper one depending on which desktop is running.

But there's one "issue": libreoffice-gnome pulls in ibus, and ibus OTOH forces
LO to use the GNOME integration if that is installed, due to some obscure
"cursor following problem" I know nothing about.
This is the comment in the corresponding script (/etc/X11/xim.d/ibus):
# Force OOo to use gtk-immodule
# Only libreoffice-gnome supports IM module
# To fix cursor following problem (on_the_spot), do not use libreoffice-kde4
if [ -e /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/libvclplug_gtklo.so ] ||
   [ -e /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/libvclplug_gtklo.so ] ||
   [ -e /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/libvclplug_gtk3lo.so ] ||
   [ -e /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/libvclplug_gtk3lo.so ]; then
    export OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome
else
    echo "libreoffice-gnome is not found. For better IBus support, please
install libreoffice-gnome"
fi

IOW, uninstalling ibus should give you back the KDE integration, if
libreoffice-kde4 and libreoffice-gnome/gtk3 are installed.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

nicholas cunliffe
so i researched and instead of delete, created
/etc/profile.d/libreoffice-fresh.sh containing 'export
SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=kde4'

ugly dialogue has gone and i now have standard dialogue.

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

Patrick Shanahan-2
* Wolfgang Bauer <[hidden email]> [02-03-18 03:18]:

> Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 07:26:13 schrieb nicholas cunliffe:
> > if the reason libreoffice-gtk3 was installed was due to another
> > package will uninstall not then break the other package? have done a
> > reverse dependency search sudo zypper se -i --requires
> > libreoffice-gtk3 and nothing comes up.
>
> It's not requires, just like libreoffice-kde4 is not required.
>
> These packages supplement the corresponding desktop, i.e. they get installed
> as recommended package if the corresponding desktop is installed. (This also
> means that you won't get them automatically if you disabled installation of
> recommended packages).
>
> It normally shouldn't be a problem to have both installed, LibreOffice should
> choose the proper one depending on which desktop is running.
>
> But there's one "issue": libreoffice-gnome pulls in ibus, and ibus OTOH forces
> LO to use the GNOME integration if that is installed, due to some obscure
> "cursor following problem" I know nothing about.
> This is the comment in the corresponding script (/etc/X11/xim.d/ibus):
> # Force OOo to use gtk-immodule
> # Only libreoffice-gnome supports IM module
> # To fix cursor following problem (on_the_spot), do not use libreoffice-kde4
> if [ -e /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/libvclplug_gtklo.so ] ||
>    [ -e /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/libvclplug_gtklo.so ] ||
>    [ -e /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/libvclplug_gtk3lo.so ] ||
>    [ -e /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/libvclplug_gtk3lo.so ]; then
>     export OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome
> else
>     echo "libreoffice-gnome is not found. For better IBus support, please
> install libreoffice-gnome"
> fi
>
> IOW, uninstalling ibus should give you back the KDE integration, if
> libreoffice-kde4 and libreoffice-gnome/gtk3 are installed.

zypper -v se -si --requires libibus
  Verbosity: 1
  Non-option program arguments: 'libibus'
  Initializing Target
  Reading installed packages...
  Force resolution: No

 S  | Name            | Type    | Version     | Arch   | Repository
 ---+-----------------+---------+-------------+--------+------------------------
 i+ | plasma5-desktop | package | 5.11.95-1.1 | x86_64 |
 openSUSE-Tumbleweed OSS

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 08:31:26 schrieb Patrick Shanahan:
> zypper -v se -si --requires libibus

*NOT* libibus, but ibus.

Same as last time...

Kind Regards,