TW/Libreoffice 6

Axel Braun-2
Hi,

I noticed the dialog for saving a document has changed in 6.0 - it is
displaying all hidden files and folders, and shows files and folders mixed. A
nightmare...and far away from KDE/dolphin settings.

In LO I did not find an option to change the behaviour. Where is it coming
from , and how can it be changed?

Thanks
Axel

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

CnZhx
On Friday, 2 February 2018 14:53:39 GMT Axel Braun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed the dialog for saving a document has changed in 6.0 - it is
> displaying all hidden files and folders, and shows files and folders mixed.
> A nightmare...and far away from KDE/dolphin settings.
>
> In LO I did not find an option to change the behaviour. Where is it coming
> from , and how can it be changed?
>
> Thanks
> Axel

Can you change it by pressing `Alt+.`, or through "Options" icon at the top
right corner?

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

Knurpht-openSUSE
Op vrijdag 2 februari 2018 15:53:39 CET schreef Axel Braun:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed the dialog for saving a document has changed in 6.0 - it is
> displaying all hidden files and folders, and shows files and folders mixed.
> A nightmare...and far away from KDE/dolphin settings.

Seeing this too, and confirm it's annoying. Disabling the Use Libreoffice
Dialogs doen't make any difference

> In LO I did not find an option to change the behaviour. Where is it coming
> from , and how can it be changed?
>
> Thanks
> Axel

Curious too

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member
openSUSE Forums Team

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

Frank Krüger
Am 02.02.2018 um 15:53 schrieb Axel Braun:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed the dialog for saving a document has changed in 6.0 - it is
> displaying all hidden files and folders, and shows files and folders mixed. A
> nightmare...and far away from KDE/dolphin settings.
>
> In LO I did not find an option to change the behaviour. Where is it coming
> from , and how can it be changed?
>
> Thanks
> Axel

When opening the file dialogue, there is an icon in the upper right
corner, where you can tick/untick various options. Alt + should also work.

Hope,  this helps.

Regards, Frank

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

H.Merijn Brand
On Fri, 02 Feb 2018 15:53:39 +0100, Axel Braun <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed the dialog for saving a document has changed in 6.0 - it is
> displaying all hidden files and folders, and shows files and folders
> mixed. A nightmare...and far away from KDE/dolphin settings.

Same here. Weird and indeed counterproductive

> In LO I did not find an option to change the behaviour. Where is it
> coming from , and how can it be changed?

What annoys me more is that it has reset the default font to
"Liberation Serif", which is unacceptable for me. All my
system-settings default to a sans-serif font, everywhere. Why
does LO6 force this on me?

--
H.Merijn Brand  http://tux.nl   Perl Monger  http://amsterdam.pm.org/
using perl5.00307 .. 5.27   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

H.Merijn Brand
On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 16:22:23 +0100, "H.Merijn Brand"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, 02 Feb 2018 15:53:39 +0100, Axel Braun <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I noticed the dialog for saving a document has changed in 6.0 - it is
> > displaying all hidden files and folders, and shows files and folders
> > mixed. A nightmare...and far away from KDE/dolphin settings.
>
> Same here. Weird and indeed counterproductive
>
> > In LO I did not find an option to change the behaviour. Where is it
> > coming from , and how can it be changed?
>
> What annoys me more is that it has reset the default font to
> "Liberation Serif", which is unacceptable for me. All my
> system-settings default to a sans-serif font, everywhere. Why
> does LO6 force this on me?
https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/38244/how-can-i-change-the-default-font-in-all-components-of-libreoffice-for-network-organisation-deployment/?answer=38250#post-id-38250

That answer is complete and helps, but it still sucks that a product
update ignores the defaults set over the years

Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2018, 16:00:31 CET schrieb H Zeng:

> On Friday, 2 February 2018 14:53:39 GMT Axel Braun wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I noticed the dialog for saving a document has changed in 6.0 - it is
> > displaying all hidden files and folders, and shows files and folders
> > mixed.
> > A nightmare...and far away from KDE/dolphin settings.
> >
> > In LO I did not find an option to change the behaviour. Where is it coming
> > from , and how can it be changed?

> Can you change it by pressing `Alt+.`, or through "Options" icon at the top
> right corner?

When I have the file selection dialog open, there is no icon in the top right
corner. ALT - + does not work either

In the standard menu  Extras -> Options I could not spot such setting either.

Cheers
Axel

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

ianseeks-4
On Friday, 2 February 2018 14:53:39 GMT Axel Braun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed the dialog for saving a document has changed in 6.0 - it is
> displaying all hidden files and folders, and shows files and folders mixed. A
> nightmare...and far away from KDE/dolphin settings.
>
> In LO I did not find an option to change the behaviour. Where is it coming
> from , and how can it be changed?
>
> Thanks
> Axel
Working fine for me.  I can use the Options icon on the "Open", "Save" and "Save as" dialogs to set/unset to view hidden files.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20180130
Qt: 5.10.0 KDE Frameworks: 5.42.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.11.95 - kwin 5.11.95

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

Knurpht-openSUSE
Op vrijdag 2 februari 2018 16:43:51 CET schreef Axel Braun:

> Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2018, 16:00:31 CET schrieb H Zeng:
> > On Friday, 2 February 2018 14:53:39 GMT Axel Braun wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I noticed the dialog for saving a document has changed in 6.0 - it is
> > > displaying all hidden files and folders, and shows files and folders
> > > mixed.
> > > A nightmare...and far away from KDE/dolphin settings.
> > >
> > > In LO I did not find an option to change the behaviour. Where is it
> > > coming
> > > from , and how can it be changed?
> >
> > Can you change it by pressing `Alt+.`, or through "Options" icon at the
> > top
> > right corner?
>
> When I have the file selection dialog open, there is no icon in the top
> right corner. ALT - + does not work either
>
> In the standard menu  Extras -> Options I could not spot such setting
> either.
>
> Cheers
> Axel
Found it. In the list of files and folders, right click in the list and adjust
to your needs

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member
openSUSE Forums Team

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

H.Merijn Brand
On Fri, 02 Feb 2018 16:58:21 +0100, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Op vrijdag 2 februari 2018 16:43:51 CET schreef Axel Braun:
> > Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2018, 16:00:31 CET schrieb H Zeng:
> > > On Friday, 2 February 2018 14:53:39 GMT Axel Braun wrote:
>  [...]
> > >
> > > Can you change it by pressing `Alt+.`, or through "Options" icon at the
> > > top
> > > right corner?
> >
> > When I have the file selection dialog open, there is no icon in the top
> > right corner. ALT - + does not work either
> >
> > In the standard menu  Extras -> Options I could not spot such setting
> > either.
> >
> > Axel

> Found it. In the list of files and folders, right click in the list and adjust
> to your needs

👍👍👍

Works as expected

On Friday, 2 February 2018 15:43:51 GMT Axel Braun wrote:

> Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2018, 16:00:31 CET schrieb H Zeng:
> > On Friday, 2 February 2018 14:53:39 GMT Axel Braun wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > Can you change it by pressing `Alt+.`, or through "Options" icon at the
> > top
> > right corner?
>
> When I have the file selection dialog open, there is no icon in the top
> right corner. ALT - + does not work either
>
> In the standard menu  Extras -> Options I could not spot such setting
> either.
>
> Cheers
> Axel
Maybe we have different dialog. Here is what looks like on my side. There is a
little toolbar below titlebar. screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/73Y5Hzi.png

Regards,
Haoxian

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

Axel Braun-2
Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2018, 19:07:04 CET schrieb H Zeng:

> > > Can you change it by pressing `Alt+.`, or through "Options" icon at the
> > > top
> > > right corner?
> >
> > When I have the file selection dialog open, there is no icon in the top
> > right corner. ALT - + does not work either
> >
> > In the standard menu  Extras -> Options I could not spot such setting
> > either.
>
> Maybe we have different dialog. Here is what looks like on my side. There is
> a little toolbar below titlebar. screenshot:
> https://i.imgur.com/73Y5Hzi.png

Yes, that looks completely different:
http://paste.opensuse.org/4589975

But right mouse -> 'select settings' works.
Although I feel that this is unnecessary complicated for an average user.....

Maybe we can ship a presetting
- without hidden files
- directories before files?

BEst,
Axel

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

Frank Krüger
Am 02.02.2018 um 20:07 schrieb Axel Braun:

>>> When I have the file selection dialog open, there is no icon in the top
>>> right corner. ALT - + does not work either
>>>
>>> In the standard menu  Extras -> Options I could not spot such setting
>>> either.
>>
>> Maybe we have different dialog. Here is what looks like on my side. There is
>> a little toolbar below titlebar. screenshot:
>> https://i.imgur.com/73Y5Hzi.png
>
> Yes, that looks completely different:
> http://paste.opensuse.org/4589975
>
> But right mouse -> 'select settings' works.
> Although I feel that this is unnecessary complicated for an average user.....
>
> Maybe we can ship a presetting
> - without hidden files
> - directories before files?

Is it possible that you have still installed libreoffice-gnome/-gtk3
instead of libreoffice-kde4?

Regards, Frank

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

Axel Braun-2
Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2018, 20:16:46 CET schrieb Frank Krüger:
> Is it possible that you have still installed libreoffice-gnome/-gtk3
> instead of libreoffice-kde4?

Right you are: libreoffice-gtk3 is installed additional to -kde4
As I'm on TW nearly a year now - should it have been deinstalled during any
upgrade?

Thanks
Axel

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

Axel Braun-2
Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2018, 20:32:16 CET schrieben Sie:

> Am 02.02.2018 um 20:21 schrieb Axel Braun:
> > Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2018, 20:16:46 CET schrieb Frank Krüger:
> >> Is it possible that you have still installed libreoffice-gnome/-gtk3
> >> instead of libreoffice-kde4?
> >
> > Right you are: libreoffice-gtk3 is installed additional to -kde4
> > As I'm on TW nearly a year now - should it have been deinstalled during
> > any
> > upgrade?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Axel
>
> Removing libreoffice-gtk3, does it solve the issue (i.e. does it provide
> the dialogue shown by H.Z. in t he mailing list?

Looks more like a dialog from the 90's:
http://paste.opensuse.org/21229311

/Ax

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

Frank Krüger
Am 02.02.2018 um 20:37 schrieb Axel Braun:

> Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2018, 20:32:16 CET schrieben Sie:
>>>
>>> Right you are: libreoffice-gtk3 is installed additional to -kde4
>>> As I'm on TW nearly a year now - should it have been deinstalled during
>>> any
>>> upgrade?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Axel
>>
>> Removing libreoffice-gtk3, does it solve the issue (i.e. does it provide
>> the dialogue shown by H.Z. in t he mailing list?
>
> Looks more like a dialog from the 90's:
> http://paste.opensuse.org/21229311
>
> /Ax

Strange. What does rpm -qa libreoffice* give?

Regards, Frank

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

Knurpht-openSUSE
Op vrijdag 2 februari 2018 20:37:44 CET schreef Axel Braun:

> Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2018, 20:32:16 CET schrieben Sie:
> > >
> > > Right you are: libreoffice-gtk3 is installed additional to -kde4
> > > As I'm on TW nearly a year now - should it have been deinstalled during
> > > any
> > > upgrade?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Axel
> >
> > Removing libreoffice-gtk3, does it solve the issue (i.e. does it provide
> > the dialogue shown by H.Z. in t he mailing list?
>
> Looks more like a dialog from the 90's:
> http://paste.opensuse.org/21229311
>
> /Ax

Removing the libreoffice-gtk3 package and forcing a reinstall of the
libreoffice-kde4 package, and a re-login brings back the right top icon ...

On Friday, 2 February 2018 19:54:34 GMT Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:

> Op vrijdag 2 februari 2018 20:37:44 CET schreef Axel Braun:

> > > Removing libreoffice-gtk3, does it solve the issue (i.e. does it provide
> > > the dialogue shown by H.Z. in t he mailing list?
> >
> > Looks more like a dialog from the 90's:
> > http://paste.opensuse.org/21229311
> >
> > /Ax
>
> Removing the libreoffice-gtk3 package and forcing a reinstall of the
> libreoffice-kde4 package, and a re-login brings back the right top icon ...
If I recall correct, libreoffice-gtk3 is automatically removed during the
upgrade.

But another problem, the folder shows hidden files/folders by default, is
still there. Maybe this is not a problem from another point of view since
normal user should at least be reminded the right way to show/hide hidden
files/folders.

Regards,
Haoxian

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

Axel Braun-2
Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2018, 21:16:12 CET schrieb H Zeng:

> On Friday, 2 February 2018 19:54:34 GMT Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:
> > Op vrijdag 2 februari 2018 20:37:44 CET schreef Axel Braun:
> > > Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2018, 20:32:16 CET schrieben Sie:

> > > Looks more like a dialog from the 90's:
> > > http://paste.opensuse.org/21229311
> > >
> > > /Ax
> >
> > Removing the libreoffice-gtk3 package and forcing a reinstall of the
> > libreoffice-kde4 package, and a re-login brings back the right top icon

Yes, that worked! Now it looks more familar again :-)

> If I recall correct, libreoffice-gtk3 is automatically removed during the
> upgrade.

Obviously not....

Thanks to all for support!
Axel

Re: TW/Libreoffice 6

Frank Krüger
Am 02.02.2018 um 21:33 schrieb Axel Braun:

> Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2018, 21:16:12 CET schrieb H Zeng:

>>> Removing the libreoffice-gtk3 package and forcing a reinstall of the
>>> libreoffice-kde4 package, and a re-login brings back the right top icon
>
> Yes, that worked! Now it looks more familar again :-)
>
>> If I recall correct, libreoffice-gtk3 is automatically removed during the
>> upgrade.
>
> Obviously not....

Agreed. See, e.g.,
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2018-01/msg00213.html. Bug