TW 20200611/5.70.0 leave doesn't mean leave any more

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

TW 20200611/5.70.0 leave doesn't mean leave any more

Felix Miata-3
Before, right click desktop and select leave meant exit session without any kind
of confirmation if in settings, confirm logout was deselected and end current
session was selected. Now there's a logout menu presented with options that I
can't find any way to get rid of that works. Default leave option in settings,
which shows end current session selected, is grayed out.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is religion, not science.

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409 ** a11y rocks!

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW 20200611/5.70.0 leave doesn't mean leave any more

ianseeks-4
On Sunday, 14 June 2020 20:22:24 BST Felix Miata wrote:
> Before, right click desktop and select leave meant exit session without any kind
> of confirmation if in settings, confirm logout was deselected and end current
> session was selected. Now there's a logout menu presented with options that I
> can't find any way to get rid of that works. Default leave option in settings,
> which shows end current session selected, is grayed out.
>
There are a few bug reports on variations of this issue. I have the same issue but when using the Logout/Lock applet, it seems to forget that I've set it for no confirmation. Some people selecting Reboot and it only logs out.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20200611
Qt: 5.15.0 KDE Frameworks: 5.70.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.19.0 - kwin 5.19.0
kmail2 5.14.1 (20.04.0) - akonadiserver 5.14.1 (20.04.0) - Kernel:  5.6.14-1-default  - xf86-video-nouveau:  1.0.16



--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW 20200611/5.70.0 leave doesn't mean leave any more

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Montag, 15. Juni 2020, 08:01:18 schrieb Ianseeks:

> On Sunday, 14 June 2020 20:22:24 BST Felix Miata wrote:
> > Before, right click desktop and select leave meant exit session without
> > any kind of confirmation if in settings, confirm logout was deselected
> > and end current session was selected. Now there's a logout menu presented
> > with options that I can't find any way to get rid of that works. Default
> > leave option in settings, which shows end current session selected, is
> > grayed out.
>
> There are a few bug reports on variations of this issue. I have the same
> issue but when using the Logout/Lock applet, it seems to forget that I've
> set it for no confirmation.

This bug should be fixed in Plasma 5.19.1 that was released yesterday and is
already on the way to Tumbleweed.

Apparently it was reading a wrong setting ("ConfirmLogout" vs.
"confirmLogout"), so always used the default setting and asked for
confirmation.

https://commits.kde.org/plasma-workspace/d49e0a406857287658f205ed8b0aaf8bf31dbb80

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW 20200611/5.70.0 leave doesn't mean leave any more

ianseeks-4
On Wednesday, 17 June 2020 09:53:07 BST Wolfgang Bauer wrote:

> Am Montag, 15. Juni 2020, 08:01:18 schrieb Ianseeks:
> > On Sunday, 14 June 2020 20:22:24 BST Felix Miata wrote:
> > > Before, right click desktop and select leave meant exit session without
> > > any kind of confirmation if in settings, confirm logout was deselected
> > > and end current session was selected. Now there's a logout menu presented
> > > with options that I can't find any way to get rid of that works. Default
> > > leave option in settings, which shows end current session selected, is
> > > grayed out.
> >
> > There are a few bug reports on variations of this issue. I have the same
> > issue but when using the Logout/Lock applet, it seems to forget that I've
> > set it for no confirmation.
>
> This bug should be fixed in Plasma 5.19.1 that was released yesterday and is
> already on the way to Tumbleweed.
>
> Apparently it was reading a wrong setting ("ConfirmLogout" vs.
> "confirmLogout"), so always used the default setting and asked for
> confirmation.

Great news. thanks for the update. Do you think it might sure this Bug 423051 where i can sometimes get a working taskbar on the SDDM login screen?
 
> https://commits.kde.org/plasma-workspace/d49e0a406857287658f205ed8b0aaf8bf31dbb80
>
> Kind Regards,
> Wolfgang
>
>


--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20200614
Qt: 5.15.0 KDE Frameworks: 5.70.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.19.0 - kwin 5.19.0
kmail2 5.14.2 (20.04.2) - akonadiserver 5.14.2 (20.04.2) - Kernel:  5.7.1-1-default  - xf86-video-nouveau:  1.0.16



--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TW 20200611/5.70.0 leave doesn't mean leave any more

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Mittwoch, 17. Juni 2020, 10:48:22 schrieb Ianseeks:
> Great news. thanks for the update. Do you think it might sure this Bug
> 423051 where i can sometimes get a working taskbar on the SDDM login
> screen?
No, I don't see how it would help for that.

But then I currently have absolutely no idea how that problem actually can
occur, TBH... That somehow seems to suggest that plasmashell is *running* on
the login screen. Maybe because your crashes on logout, plasmashell is
restarted (it normally gets restarted automatically after a crash) when the
login screen is already displayed again? Not sure if that's possible...

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]