Support: in prjconf creates dependency loop

Support: in prjconf creates dependency loop

Michal Marek
Hi,

the documentation at
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_prjconf says, that a
package in the Keep: set is installed every time (even when building
that very package). I assumed that this means, that packages in the
Support: but not in the Keep: set are only used when building other
packages. However, it does not work this way:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?project=home%3Amichal-m%3Akernel%3Atest

There is an 'ignore-kabi' package in the project, and the prjconf contains

  Support: ignore-kabi

The result is that the ignore-kabi package depends on itself and won't
build. Is this a bug or feature? If it's a feature, what is the point of
the Keep: keyword?

Thanks,
Michal

Re: Support: in prjconf creates dependency loop

Michael Schroeder-4
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 10:37:42PM +0200, Michal Marek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the documentation at
> http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_prjconf says, that a
> package in the Keep: set is installed every time (even when building
> that very package). I assumed that this means, that packages in the
> Support: but not in the Keep: set are only used when building other
> packages. However, it does not work this way:
>

> https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?project=home%3Amichal-m%3Akernel%3Atest
>
> There is an 'ignore-kabi' package in the project, and the prjconf contains
>
>   Support: ignore-kabi
>
> The result is that the ignore-kabi package depends on itself and won't
> build. Is this a bug or feature? If it's a feature, what is the point of
> the Keep: keyword?

I think it only works if the ignore-kabi package is already built,
because the subpacks calculation is done by checking the repository
(which maybe is not a clever idea).

So, remove the 'Support: ignore-kabi' again, wait until the package
is built and then add it back.

Cheers,
  Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder                                   [hidden email]
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,  GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg

Dne 18.10.2012 11:39, Michael Schroeder napsal(a):
> I think it only works if the ignore-kabi package is already built,
> because the subpacks calculation is done by checking the repository
> (which maybe is not a clever idea).
>
> So, remove the 'Support: ignore-kabi' again, wait until the package
> is built and then add it back.

Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately the workaround is rather
impractical if the project is going to be created by a script. So I'll
change the kernel spec file to check for a macro instead of a file
installed by another package, and define that macro in the prjconf.

Thanks,
Michal