Sunrpc in glibc will be disabled

Thorsten Kukuk

Hi,

after storage-ng get's accepted, we will do the next big change:
disabling sunrpc in glibc.

What does this mean: you can no longer compile and link against
sunrpc from glibc, you need to compile and link against libtirpc.
But all existing binaries linked against sunrpc will continue to
run.

Since the two major RPC consumer (NFS and libnsl/NIS) are already
using TI-RPC, only an one digit number of applications are left which
are still using sunrpc.

For all of them, at least as far as we could identify them, patches
exist and are already submitted.

Still not accepted by the maintainers are:
busybox (waiting since two month)
linuxrc (pull request waiting since two month)
samba (waiting since one month)

RedHat/Fedora are working on the same topic, so we don't expect any
major problems anymore.

  Thorsten