Strange block

Patryk Zera
Hello,

I wanted to add Interwiki to Portal:Project/Sub-projects and ended with following message about block.

Your IP address has been automatically blocked because it was used by another user, who was blocked by Abuse filter. The reason given is:
Autoblocked because your IP address has been recently used by "Jasminn".

The reason given for Jasminn's block is "Automatically blocked by abuse filter. Description of matched rule: phone support spam"
 Start of block: 08:20, 26 June 2017
 Expiry of block: 08:20, 27 June 2017
 Intended blockee: 137.65.226.4

You may contact Abuse filter or one of the other administrators to discuss the block.

Note that you may not use the "email this user" feature unless you have a valid email address registered in your user preferences and you have not been blocked from using it.

Your current IP address is 137.65.226.4, and the block ID is #668. Please include all above details in any queries you make."

The problem is that my current IP isn't 137.65.226.4.
Should I lit some light for Bruce Wayne about this "crime"? ;)

Re: Strange block

Christian Boltz-5
Hello,

Am Montag, 26. Juni 2017, 09:34:50 CEST schrieb Patryk Zera:

> I wanted to add Interwiki to Portal:Project/Sub-projects and ended
> with following message about block.

> reason:
>
> Your IP address has been automatically blocked because it was used by
> another user, who was blocked by Abuse filter. The reason given is:
> Autoblocked because your IP address has been recently used by
> "Jasminn".
> Your current IP address is 137.65.226.4, and the block ID is #668.
> Please include all above details in any queries you make."
>
> The problem is that my current IP isn't 137.65.226.4.
> Should I lit some light for Bruce Wayne about this "crime"? ;)

This IP is one of the authentification proxies in the datacenter in
Provo.

The accidential IP block is a side effect of automatically blocking
spammers (which only happens sometimes because 4 of 5 auth proxies are
on a whitelist). It's a known issue, but happens rarely enough so that a
manual unblock once a month is easier and faster than getting a config
update deployed ;-)

I removed the IP block some minutes ago - you should be able to edit the
wiki again ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Admin? Das ist hier der Ingenieur, der das Adminpasswort kennt. Und der
im Normalfall mich fragt, wenn er ein Computerproblem hat. Vor 6 Monaten

Re: Strange block

Patryk Zera
Thank you very much Christian!

Regards,
Patryk Zera

 Temat: Re: [opensuse-wiki] Strange block
 Do: [hidden email]
 Data: 26 Czerwiec 2017 (Poniedziałek), 14:10

 Hello,

 Am Montag, 26. Juni 2017, 09:34:50 CEST schrieb
 Patryk Zera:
 > I wanted to add Interwiki to
 Portal:Project/Sub-projects and ended

 with following message about block.

 this page, for the following
 > reason:
 >
 > Your IP address has
 been automatically blocked because it was used by
 > another user, who was blocked by Abuse
 filter. The reason given is:

 Autoblocked because your IP address has been recently used
 by
 > "Jasminn".
 > Your current IP
 address is 137.65.226.4, and the block ID is #668.
 > Please include all above details in any
 queries you make."

 > The problem is that my current IP
 isn't 137.65.226.4.
 > Should I lit
 some light for Bruce Wayne about this "crime"?
 ;)