Spec-cleaner as format_spec_file replacement round 2

Spec-cleaner as format_spec_file replacement round 2

Tomas Chvatal
Hello guys,

as already discussed here on mailinglist I would like to replace the
default formatting solution for the incoming spec-files to be the spec-
cleaner instead of the obs-service-format_spec_file.

This time we integrated another bunch of fixes for the minimal mode and
as a most prominent features/fixes are following two:

1) Possibility to disable the cleaner run [1] which is quite obvious.
2) Codeblock detection to keep relevant things together in preamble [2]
With this I also tried to parse all possible kind of approaches we
already have in Factory and wrote testcase which covers hopefully all
the possible variants [3].

I would love to ask you all to check if your packages are fine and
report bugs [4] if any problematic behaviour occurs.

To switch between the implementations simply install 'spec-cleaner-
format_spec_file' or run 'spec-cleaner -i -m package.spec'.

TIA

Tom

[1] https://github.com/openSUSE/spec-cleaner/issues/148
[2] https://github.com/openSUSE/spec-cleaner/issues/88
[3] https://github.com/openSUSE/spec-cleaner/blob/master/tests/out/code
block.spec
[4] https://github.com/openSUSE/spec-cleaner/issues

Re: Spec-cleaner as format_spec_file replacement round 2

Thomas Bechtold
Hi,

On Tue, 2017-02-28 at 16:33 +0100, Tomas Chvatal wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> as already discussed here on mailinglist I would like to replace the
> default formatting solution for the incoming spec-files to be the
> spec-
> cleaner instead of the obs-service-format_spec_file.
>
> This time we integrated another bunch of fixes for the minimal mode
> and
> as a most prominent features/fixes are following two:
>
> 1) Possibility to disable the cleaner run [1] which is quite obvious.
> 2) Codeblock detection to keep relevant things together in preamble
> [2]
> With this I also tried to parse all possible kind of approaches we
> already have in Factory and wrote testcase which covers hopefully all
> the possible variants [3].

are the features you mention somewhere documented? Or is there in
general some documentation about spec-cleaner?
I learned today on irc that there is something like

# SECTION test requirements
# /SECTION

but it would be nice to have this documented (maybe just in the project
 README).

TIA

Tom

Thomas Bechtold píše v Út 28. 02. 2017 v 17:32 +0100:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2017-02-28 at 16:33 +0100, Tomas Chvatal wrote:
> > Hello guys,
> >
> > as already discussed here on mailinglist I would like to replace
> > the
> > default formatting solution for the incoming spec-files to be the
> > spec-
> > cleaner instead of the obs-service-format_spec_file.
> >
> > This time we integrated another bunch of fixes for the minimal mode
> > and
> > as a most prominent features/fixes are following two:
> >
> > 1) Possibility to disable the cleaner run [1] which is quite
> > obvious.
> > 2) Codeblock detection to keep relevant things together in preamble
> > [2]
> > With this I also tried to parse all possible kind of approaches we
> > already have in Factory and wrote testcase which covers hopefully
> > all
> > the possible variants [3].
>
> are the features you mention somewhere documented? Or is there in
> general some documentation about spec-cleaner?
> I learned today on irc that there is something like
>
> # SECTION test requirements
> # /SECTION
>
> but it would be nice to have this documented (maybe just in the
> project
>  README).

Matejcik will update the wiki a bit :) But honestly I suck at
documenting stuff, so if ya want pullrequests are gladly welcome.

Cheers

Tom

Re: Spec-cleaner as format_spec_file replacement round 2

Andreas Färber
Hello Tomas,

Am 28.02.2017 um 16:33 schrieb Tomas Chvatal:
> I would love to ask you all to check if your packages are fine and
> report bugs [4] if any problematic behaviour occurs.

spec-cleaner still adds unnecessary whitespace noise, cf. sr#481236.

When nonsensical spec file changes show up it's become a hunch that
people are using spec-cleaner, so that is not making me confident of
letting everyone use it and uglify other people's spec files and diffs.

Regards,
Andreas

HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Re: Spec-cleaner as format_spec_file replacement round 2

Thorsten Kukuk
On Mon, Mar 20, Andreas Färber wrote:

> Hello Tomas,
>
> Am 28.02.2017 um 16:33 schrieb Tomas Chvatal:
> > I would love to ask you all to check if your packages are fine and
> > report bugs [4] if any problematic behaviour occurs.
>
> spec-cleaner still adds unnecessary whitespace noise, cf. sr#481236.

Much more worse, spec-cleaner is setting {} at the wrong places
and breaks spec files:
-%sysusers_generate_pre %{SOURCE1} uucp
+%{sysusers_generate_pre} %{SOURCE1} uucp

Thorsten

Thorsten Kukuk píše v Po 20. 03. 2017 v 11:18 +0100:

> On Mon, Mar 20, Andreas Färber wrote:
>
> > Hello Tomas,
> >
> > Am 28.02.2017 um 16:33 schrieb Tomas Chvatal:
> > > I would love to ask you all to check if your packages are fine
> > > and
> > > report bugs [4] if any problematic behaviour occurs.
> >
> > spec-cleaner still adds unnecessary whitespace noise, cf.
> > sr#481236.
>
> Much more worse, spec-cleaner is setting {} at the wrong places
> and breaks spec files:
> -%sysusers_generate_pre %{SOURCE1} uucp
> +%{sysusers_generate_pre} %{SOURCE1} uucp

This is the non-minimal mode that is being run if you do it by hand.
It has a whitelist, feel free to report a bug on github please.

Tom

Andreas Färber píše v Po 20. 03. 2017 v 11:10 +0100:

> Hello Tomas,
>
> Am 28.02.2017 um 16:33 schrieb Tomas Chvatal:
> > I would love to ask you all to check if your packages are fine and
> > report bugs [4] if any problematic behaviour occurs.
>
> spec-cleaner still adds unnecessary whitespace noise, cf. sr#481236.
>
> When nonsensical spec file changes show up it's become a hunch that
> people are using spec-cleaner, so that is not making me confident of
> letting everyone use it and uglify other people's spec files and
> diffs.

This is also a bug. So please open an issue on github for it. Or if you
feel generous write even testcase that it should not put the whitespace
there...

Tom

Re: Spec-cleaner as format_spec_file replacement round 2

Martin Pluskal-2

Tomas Chvatal píše v Po 20. 03. 2017 v 12:11 +0100:

> Andreas Färber píše v Po 20. 03. 2017 v 11:10 +0100:
> > Hello Tomas,
> >
> > Am 28.02.2017 um 16:33 schrieb Tomas Chvatal:
> > > I would love to ask you all to check if your packages are fine
> > > and
> > > report bugs [4] if any problematic behaviour occurs.
> >
> > spec-cleaner still adds unnecessary whitespace noise, cf.
> > sr#481236.
> >
> > When nonsensical spec file changes show up it's become a hunch that
> > people are using spec-cleaner, so that is not making me confident
> > of
> > letting everyone use it and uglify other people's spec files and
> > diffs.
> >

> This is also a bug. So please open an issue on github for it. Or if
> you
> feel generous write even testcase that it should not put the
> whitespace
> there...
>
> Tom
Anyway debugged it and reported:
https://github.com/openSUSE/spec-cleaner/issues/176

For a fix I will have to think about it first a bit :)

Tom