Some new strings in software.o.o for the Leap release

Some new strings in software.o.o for the Leap release

Ancor Gonzalez Sosa
As usual, I'm here to ask you for a last-minute effort. Sorry for that.

Leap uses the same checksum mechanism to verify the ISO downloads than
Tumbleweed, which is different from the one used in 13.2 and before.

Thus, I updated the information about verification displayed in
software.opensuse.org. Tomorrow, with the official release of Leap 42.1,
the new version of software.o.o containing the new sentences will be
deployed.

So please, update the corresponding xx/po/sofware-opensuse-org.xx.po as
soon as possible. The new couple of sentences (together with the
to-be-localized pointer to the release notes) are already there.

Thanks.
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH

Re: Some new strings in software.o.o for the Leap release

Carlos E. R.-4
On 2015-11-03 18:23, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:

> So please, update the corresponding xx/po/sofware-opensuse-org.xx.po as
> soon as possible. The new couple of sentences (together with the
> to-be-localized pointer to the release notes) are already there.

'es' done.

I don't know what would be that pointer, though. I see none at
<https://doc.opensuse.org/release-notes/x86_64/openSUSE/Leap/42.1/>.

                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

On 11/03/2015 07:30 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> On 2015-11-03 18:23, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
>
>> So please, update the corresponding xx/po/sofware-opensuse-org.xx.po as
>> soon as possible. The new couple of sentences (together with the
>> to-be-localized pointer to the release notes) are already there.
>
> 'es' done.
>
> I don't know what would be that pointer, though. I see none at
> <https://doc.opensuse.org/release-notes/x86_64/openSUSE/Leap/42.1/>.

Wouldn't it be this?

https://doc.opensuse.org/release-notes/x86_64/openSUSE/Leap/42.1/RELEASE-NOTES.es.html

BTW, I realized there were two links to the Leap release notes in the po
files and only one was right. Fixed.

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH

Re: Some new strings in software.o.o for the Leap release

Carlos E. R.-2
On 2015-11-03 20:27, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
> On 11/03/2015 07:30 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

>> 'es' done.
>>
>> I don't know what would be that pointer, though. I see none at
>> <https://doc.opensuse.org/release-notes/x86_64/openSUSE/Leap/42.1/>.
>
> Wouldn't it be this?
>
> https://doc.opensuse.org/release-notes/x86_64/openSUSE/Leap/42.1/RELEASE-NOTES.es.html

Could be, but there is no link to it in the English document, so I
couldn't find it. The last translator timestamp is mine, on 2014. But
the text is current, which means the last translator forgot to add it.

> BTW, I realized there were two links to the Leap release notes in the po
> files and only one was right. Fixed.

I have not reviewed all files.

                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

Re: Some new strings in software.o.o for the Leap release

David Medina
Could you please specify the changed or added string, just to be sure to
lacate it. I have found nothing new to translate in pot file downloaded from
vertaal.

Thanks,

El Dimarts, 3 de novembre de 2015, a les 18:23:38, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa va
escriure:

On 2015-11-03 21:59, David wrote:
> Hi,
> Could you please specify the changed or added string, just to be sure to
> lacate it. I have found nothing new to translate in pot file downloaded from
> vertaal.

vertaal syncs about once per day, IIRC, so you will have to wait, or
download directly from svn.

                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

Re: Some new strings in software.o.o for the Leap release

David Medina
I have seen that the landing page have not been refreshed nor updated
for the release, or not yet. Some days ago there were new changes in
strings that I have not seen applied yet.
For ca, for example, the po file contains "Instal·leu l'openSUSE Leap"
and the landing page shows "Instel·leu l'Leap", which previously was
"Instal·leu l'openSUSE". What is now shown is gramatically incorrect,
and it seems obvious that the change did not have into account what
was in the po file.
So, is there going to be a refresh/reload of the landing page? I would
correct things.
Thanks,
David