Quantcast

Social Media Plan for openSUSE Leap 42.2

Social Media Plan for openSUSE Leap 42.2

ddemaio
Hi all,

We are nearing the release of openSUSE Leap 42.2 and we encourage
everyone reading this email to help promote our newest release, however
you want to do that. To help promote it, our marketing team has been
brainstorming a few ways to promote it. One of those is to post messages
on social media. The social media plan is updated in English at
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_launch_plan

Please consider translating it and posting it to your local or region
openSUSE pages/profiles as well as to your own personal pages. We also
encourage you to come up with your own tweets, posts, etc and just tag
#openSUSE.

Additionally, if you are interested in translations contributions, we
would certainly welcome contribution to the project. With
https://l10n.opensuse.org/, you can easily help translate release notes
for 42.2 -
https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/release-notes-opensuse/leap_42_2/. I
want to thank our contributors who have already translated the release
notes.  Also, please consider translating our landing page -
https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/landing-page/master/

There are more than 50 languages offered to translate and the dashboard
gives an easy overview of what languages have been translated and those
that could use translations.

v/r

Doug

Re: [opensuse-project] Social Media Plan for openSUSE Leap 42.2

victorhck

Hi Geekos!

Done the spanish version!
If someone wants to proofreading and improve the text, always is welcome
!

I think that one important thing in this release is the fact that for
first time KDE has a LTS version, and will be included in Leap 4.2.

I think that it's important to note to Leap 42.1 users, that they must
update their OS within 6 months, but that can be made easily.

I think that it's importat to note that there's many DE to choose in
the installation.

Keep on rockin' !!

El 25/10/16 a las 11:37, Douglas DeMaio escribió:

> Hi all,
>
> We are nearing the release of openSUSE Leap 42.2 and we encourage
> everyone reading this email to help promote our newest release,
> however you want to do that. To help promote it, our marketing team
> has been brainstorming a few ways to promote it. One of those is to
> post messages on social media. The social media plan is updated in
> English at
> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_launch_plan
>
> Please consider translating it and posting it to your local or
> region openSUSE pages/profiles as well as to your own personal
> pages. We also encourage you to come up with your own tweets,
> posts, etc and just tag #openSUSE.
>
> Additionally, if you are interested in translations contributions,
> we would certainly welcome contribution to the project. With
> https://l10n.opensuse.org/, you can easily help translate release
> notes for 42.2 -
> https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/release-notes-opensuse/leap_42_2/.
> I want to thank our contributors who have already translated the
> release notes.  Also, please consider translating our landing page
> - https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/landing-page/master/
>
> There are more than 50 languages offered to translate and the
> dashboard gives an easy overview of what languages have been
> translated and those that could use translations.
>
> v/r
>
> Doug

- --
GPG Key: 0xcc742e8dc9b7e22a
Aprende a proteger la privacidad de tu correo:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/es/

Mi blog sobre openSUSE, GNU/Linux y software libre:
https://victorhckinthefreeworld.wordpress.com/

Re: [opensuse-marketing] Re: [opensuse-project] Social Media Plan for openSUSE Leap 42.2

Jimmy PIERRE-3
On 25 October 2016 at 17:05, victorhck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Geekos!
>
> Done the spanish version!
> If someone wants to proofreading and improve the text, always is welcome
> !
>
> I think that one important thing in this release is the fact that for
> first time KDE has a LTS version, and will be included in Leap 4.2.
>
> I think that it's important to note to Leap 42.1 users, that they must
> update their OS within 6 months, but that can be made easily.
>
> I think that it's importat to note that there's many DE to choose in
> the installation.
>
> Keep on rockin' !!
>
> El 25/10/16 a las 11:37, Douglas DeMaio escribió:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We are nearing the release of openSUSE Leap 42.2 and we encourage
>> everyone reading this email to help promote our newest release,
>> however you want to do that. To help promote it, our marketing team
>> has been brainstorming a few ways to promote it. One of those is to
>> post messages on social media. The social media plan is updated in
>> English at
>> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_launch_plan
>>
>> Please consider translating it and posting it to your local or
>> region openSUSE pages/profiles as well as to your own personal
>> pages. We also encourage you to come up with your own tweets,
>> posts, etc and just tag #openSUSE.
>>
>> Additionally, if you are interested in translations contributions,
>> we would certainly welcome contribution to the project. With
>> https://l10n.opensuse.org/, you can easily help translate release
>> notes for 42.2 -
>> https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/release-notes-opensuse/leap_42_2/.
>> I want to thank our contributors who have already translated the
>> release notes.  Also, please consider translating our landing page
>> - https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/landing-page/master/
>>
>> There are more than 50 languages offered to translate and the
>> dashboard gives an easy overview of what languages have been
>> translated and those that could use translations.
>>
>> v/r
>>
>> Doug
>>

> - --
> GPG Key: 0xcc742e8dc9b7e22a
> Aprende a proteger la privacidad de tu correo:
> https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/es/
>
> Mi blog sobre openSUSE, GNU/Linux y software libre:
> https://victorhckinthefreeworld.wordpress.com/

Greetings,

My contribution in French.

Best wishes,
Jimmy
nui.fr

English Base messages leap42.2.odt (11K) Download Attachment

Re: [opensuse-marketing] Re: [opensuse-project] Social Media Plan for openSUSE Leap 42.2

victorhck

Re: [opensuse-marketing] Social Media Plan for openSUSE Leap 42.2

Dimitar Zahariev
Hi all,

The first version of the Bulgarian translation is there.

I will read it again after a day, and perhaps make some final adjustments.

Kind regards,
Dimitar Zahariev

On 2 November 2016 at 23:38, Dimitar Zahariev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The first version of the Bulgarian translation is there.
>
> I will read it again after a day, and perhaps make some final adjustments.
>
> Kind regards,
> Dimitar Zahariev
>
> On вторник, октомври 25, 2016 11:37:16 AM Douglas DeMaio wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We are nearing the release of openSUSE Leap 42.2 and we encourage
>> everyone reading this email to help promote our newest release, however
>> you want to do that. To help promote it, our marketing team has been
>> brainstorming a few ways to promote it. One of those is to post messages
>> on social media. The social media plan is updated in English at
>> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_launch_plan
>>
>> Please consider translating it and posting it to your local or region
>> openSUSE pages/profiles as well as to your own personal pages. We also
>> encourage you to come up with your own tweets, posts, etc and just tag
>> #openSUSE.
>>
>> Additionally, if you are interested in translations contributions, we
>> would certainly welcome contribution to the project. With
>> https://l10n.opensuse.org/, you can easily help translate release notes
>> for 42.2 -
>> https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/release-notes-opensuse/leap_42_2/. I
>> want to thank our contributors who have already translated the release
>> notes.  Also, please consider translating our landing page -
>> https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/landing-page/master/
>>
>> There are more than 50 languages offered to translate and the dashboard
>> gives an easy overview of what languages have been translated and those
>> that could use translations.
>>
>> v/r
>>
>> Doug

Hi,
Page one done, seven more to go!
Best,

Re: [opensuse-project] Social Media Plan for openSUSE Leap 42.2

PatrickD Garvey
On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 2:37 AM, Douglas DeMaio <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are nearing the release of openSUSE Leap 42.2 and we encourage everyone
> reading this email to help promote our newest release, however you want to
> do that. To help promote it, our marketing team has been brainstorming a few
> ways to promote it. One of those is to post messages on social media. The
> social media plan is updated in English at
> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_launch_plan

The YaST reference at 16:30 points to http://lizards.opensuse.org,
which is the ever changing opening page of lizards.opensuse.org.
Shouldn't it point to the permanent location of only the YaST article,
https://lizards.opensuse.org/2016/10/20/highlights-of-yast-development-sprint-26/
?

Re: [opensuse-project] Social Media Plan for openSUSE Leap 42.2

Karl Cheng
> #openSUSE Leap 42.2 will have GCC 4.8.5 with the option to install the newer GCC 5. Read about the major features at http://bit.ly/1oODt93

Is the fact that Leap 42.2 has GCC 4.8.5 and 5 really much of a
selling point for this release? Personally I don't think that's a
particularly interesting reason to learn more about Leap.

> #openSUSE Leap 42.2 has 1,413 new packages. 1,313 more packages than 42.1. 100 packages were dropped.

Not sure we really need to mention the details of the dropped
packages, plus I think a percentage figure to go along with the new
package number would be more effective. Perhaps something like this
would work?

"#openSUSE Leap 42.2 brings in a collection of 1,413 brand new
packages, 17% more than 42.1."

> Choose your desktop environment with #openSUSE Leap. #KDE, #GNOME, #Xfce, #MATE, #Enlightenment or #Cinnamon.

Should we list those that aren't included on the installer (i.e. MATE,
Cinnamon)? If so, perhaps we should also include the new LXQt 0.11
release.

- Karl Cheng (Qantas94Heavy)

Re: [opensuse-project] Social Media Plan for openSUSE Leap 42.2

Simon Lees-3

On 11/08/2016 12:41 PM, Karl Cheng wrote:

>> #openSUSE Leap 42.2 will have GCC 4.8.5 with the option to install the newer GCC 5. Read about the major features at http://bit.ly/1oODt93
>
> Is the fact that Leap 42.2 has GCC 4.8.5 and 5 really much of a
> selling point for this release? Personally I don't think that's a
> particularly interesting reason to learn more about Leap.
>
>> #openSUSE Leap 42.2 has 1,413 new packages. 1,313 more packages than 42.1. 100 packages were dropped.
>
> Not sure we really need to mention the details of the dropped
> packages, plus I think a percentage figure to go along with the new
> package number would be more effective. Perhaps something like this
> would work?
>
> "#openSUSE Leap 42.2 brings in a collection of 1,413 brand new
> packages, 17% more than 42.1."
>
>> Choose your desktop environment with #openSUSE Leap. #KDE, #GNOME, #Xfce, #MATE, #Enlightenment or #Cinnamon.
>
> Should we list those that aren't included on the installer (i.e. MATE,
> Cinnamon)? If so, perhaps we should also include the new LXQt 0.11
> release.

We should defiantly list LXQt, regardless of whether they are on the DVD
or not all can be installed from the net installer so I think listing
them all is fine.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                            Adeliade Australia, UTC+9:30

Re: Social Media Plan for openSUSE Leap 42.2

Ludwig Nussel
Am 08.11.2016 um 03:11 schrieb Karl Cheng:
>> #openSUSE Leap 42.2 will have GCC 4.8.5 with the option to install the newer GCC 5. Read about the major features at http://bit.ly/1oODt93
>
> Is the fact that Leap 42.2 has GCC 4.8.5 and 5 really much of a
> selling point for this release? Personally I don't think that's a
> particularly interesting reason to learn more about Leap.

I fully agree to that. That message should be removed. Appstream,
GTK and gstreamer are equally uninteresting IMO. What about saying
e.g. that we have development environments for a broad range of
languages like C, C++, Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, Go, Haskell, Rust,
you name it ...

Also, what about mentioning docker? Is it not cool anymore?

> Not sure we really need to mention the details of the dropped
> packages, plus I think a percentage figure to go along with the new
> package number would be more effective. Perhaps something like this
> would work?
>
> "#openSUSE Leap 42.2 brings in a collection of 1,413 brand new
> packages, 17% more than 42.1."

New packages from Tumbleweed actually. +1

cu
Ludwig

--
  (o_   Ludwig Nussel