Smart Package Manager problems

Jim-213
Smart-0.42-5.guru.suse101

run Smart package manager to do updates and I get this error message,
Anybody know?

Run: smart config -set keyserver=pgp.mit.edu
and error pops up: no such option: -s

Anyone know the proper sytax for this command.

Jim

Re: Smart Package Manager problems

andreas.hanke
Hi,

jim tate schrieb:
> Run: smart config -set keyserver=pgp.mit.edu
> and error pops up: no such option: -s
>
> Anyone know the proper sytax for this command.

smart config --set keyserver=pgp.mit.edu

Note the double hyphen.

Andreas Hanke

Re: Smart Package Manager problems

Patrick Shanahan
* jim tate <[hidden email]> [08-12-06 12:23]:
> Smart-0.42-5.guru.suse101
>
> run Smart package manager to do updates and I get this error message,
> Anybody know?
>
> Run: smart config -set keyserver=pgp.mit.edu
> and error pops up: no such option: -s
>
> Anyone know the proper sytax for this command.

12:35 wahoo:~ > smart config --help
Usage: smart config [options]

This command allows changing the internal configuration
representation arbitrarily. This is supposed to be used
by advanced users only, and is generally not needed.

  -h, --help  Show this help message and exit
  --set       Set given key=value options
  --show      Show given options
  --remove    Remove given options
  --force     Ignore problems

Examples:
  smart config --set someoption.suboption=10
  smart config --remove someoption
  smart config --show someoption
  smart config --show

note:  there is a reason for 'command --help' and the man files.
--
Patrick Shanahan                        Registered Linux User #207535
http://wahoo.no-ip.org                        @ http://counter.li.org
HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2

Re: Smart Package Manager problems

Pascal Bleser