Slideshow software for Linux?

C-29
Does anyone know of some decent Linux software fro creating
professional looking slideshows?  I don't mean a simple OOo Impress
slideshow... I am thinking something similar to what you can do with
Proshow ( http://www.photodex.com/products/producer/ )

I am helping someone convert over to openSUSE, and this question was
just thrown my way.... I have been searching around, but haven't yet
come up with anything.  Any tips or suggestions would be welcome.

C.

Re: Slideshow software for Linux?

Teruel de Campo MD

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 10:19 +0100, Clayton wrote:
> Does anyone know of some decent Linux software fro creating
> professional looking slideshows?  I don't mean a simple OOo Impress
> slideshow... I am thinking something similar to what you can do with
> Proshow ( http://www.photodex.com/products/producer/ )

1. Manslide

This is the one I use and it is in packman repositorie
If you do not have packman just go to yast/community repositories and
add packman then under yast/software manager you can install it.

2. Wink

http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

3. ViewletBuilder

http://www.qarbon.com/presentation-software/viewletbuilder/

-=terry(Denver)=-

Re: Slideshow software for Linux?

Ed McCanless
Clayton wrote:

> Does anyone know of some decent Linux software fro creating
> professional looking slideshows?  I don't mean a simple OOo Impress
> slideshow... I am thinking something similar to what you can do with
> Proshow ( http://www.photodex.com/products/producer/ )
>
> I am helping someone convert over to openSUSE, and this question was
> just thrown my way.... I have been searching around, but haven't yet
> come up with anything.  Any tips or suggestions would be welcome.
>
> C.

I've been working on slide shows with a cli app, DVD-slideshow, to set
up a show quickly. And Blender to add special effects.
Blender shows good possibilities, with it's built-in film editor, but
needs to be compiled with ffmpeg support. This may not be easy. Details
can be found  at:  http://www.blender.org/

        May take some home work,

                                                                -ED-

Re: Slideshow software for Linux?

C-29
>  > Does anyone know of some decent Linux software fro creating
>  > professional looking slideshows?  I don't mean a simple OOo Impress
>  > slideshow... I am thinking something similar to what you can do with
>  > Proshow ( http://www.photodex.com/products/producer/ )
>
>  1. Manslide
>
>  This is the one I use and it is in packman repositorie
>  If you do not have packman just go to yast/community repositories and
>  add packman then under yast/software manager you can install it.

Manslide looks very interesting.  Only built for 10.3.. I'm stuck on
10.2 until the sata_nv kernel bug is fixed though :-(  so I'll have to
build it myself to test.

Thanks for the pointer to this app!

C.