Shutdown of 'is', 'fi', 'vi' wiki instances

Shutdown of 'is', 'fi', 'vi' wiki instances

Thomas Schmidt
Hi,
I would like to request turning off the wiki instances at:

http://is.opensuse.org/
http://fi.opensuse.org
http://vi.opensuse.org

as they are completely outdated and unmaintained.
There was noone from that language stepping up to do the needed
maintenance, so we should get rid of them, as they only show very outdated information.
Could you please redirect those subdomains to en.opensuse.org?

Thank you,
Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tschmidt [at] suse.de)
SUSE Linux Products GmbH :: Research & Development

Re: Shutdown of 'is', 'fi', 'vi' wiki instances

Matthew Ehle
>>> Thomas Schmidt <[hidden email]> 11/23/2012 10:05 AM >>>

>Hi,
>I would like to request turning off the wiki instances at:
>
>http://is.opensuse.org/
>http://fi.opensuse.org
>http://vi.opensuse.org
>
>as they are completely outdated and unmaintained.
>There was noone from that language stepping up to do the needed
>maintenance, so we should get rid of them, as they only show very outdated information.
>Could you please redirect those subdomains to en.opensuse.org?
I'm all for cleaning up unused wiki instances.  I think would be a good idea to
give a few days for anyone who has concerns to voice them.  Should I schedule the
change for the end of the month?
-Matt

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Shutdown of 'is', 'fi', 'vi' wiki instances

Thomas Schmidt-8
On 26.11.2012 17:11, Matthew Ehle wrote:

>  >>> Thomas Schmidt <[hidden email]> 11/23/2012 10:05 AM >>>
>  >Hi,
>  >I would like to request turning off the wiki instances at:
>  >
>  >http://is.opensuse.org/
>  >http://fi.opensuse.org
>  >http://vi.opensuse.org
>  >
>  >as they are completely outdated and unmaintained.
>  >There was noone from that language stepping up to do the needed
>  >maintenance, so we should get rid of them, as they only show very outdated information.
>  >Could you please redirect those subdomains to en.opensuse.org?
> I'm all for cleaning up unused wiki instances.  I think would be a good idea to
> give a few days for anyone who has concerns to voice them.  Should I schedule the
> change for the end of the month?

I'm fine with that. Thanks for taking care of this.

Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tom [at] opensuse.org)
"Don't Panic", Douglas Adams (11.03.1952 - 11.05.2001)

Re: Shutdown of 'is', 'fi', 'vi' wiki instances

Matthew Ehle

>On 26.11.2012 17:11, Matthew Ehle wrote:
>>  >>> Thomas Schmidt <[hidden email]> 11/23/2012 10:05 AM >>>
>>  >Hi,
>>  >I would like to request turning off the wiki instances at:
>>  >
>>  >http://is.opensuse.org/
>>  >http://fi.opensuse.org
>>  >http://vi.opensuse.org
>>  >
>>  >as they are completely outdated and unmaintained.
>>  >There was noone from that language stepping up to do the needed
>>  >maintenance, so we should get rid of them, as they only show very outdated information.
>>  >Could you please redirect those subdomains to en.opensuse.org?
>> I'm all for cleaning up unused wiki instances.  I think would be a good idea to
>> give a few days for anyone who has concerns to voice them.  Should I schedule the
>> change for the end of the month?
>
>I'm fine with that. Thanks for taking care of this.

I have set up a redirection for each of these wikis to go to languages.opensuse.org.  I'll keep the files and databases around for another month or so, then I'll archive them.

Thank you,
Matt

Re: Shutdown of 'is', 'fi', 'vi' wiki instances

Caig
2012/12/2 Matthew Ehle <[hidden email]>

> >On 26.11.2012 17:11, Matthew Ehle wrote:
> >>  >>> Thomas Schmidt <[hidden email]> 11/23/2012 10:05 AM >>>
> >>  >Hi,
> >>  >I would like to request turning off the wiki instances at:
> >>  >
> >>  >http://is.opensuse.org/
> >>  >http://fi.opensuse.org
> >>  >http://vi.opensuse.org
> >>  >
> >>  >as they are completely outdated and unmaintained.
> >>  >There was noone from that language stepping up to do the needed
> >>  >maintenance, so we should get rid of them, as they only show very
> >> outdated information.
> >>  >Could you please redirect those subdomains to en.opensuse.org?
> >> I'm all for cleaning up unused wiki instances.  I think would be a good
> >> idea to
> >> give a few days for anyone who has concerns to voice them.  Should I
> >> schedule the
> >> change for the end of the month?
> >
> >I'm fine with that. Thanks for taking care of this.
>
> I have set up a redirection for each of these wikis to go to
> languages.opensuse.org.  I'll keep the files and databases around for
> another month or so, then I'll archive them.
>
> Thank you,
> Matt

Currently I see no redirection for http://fi.opensuse.org
but the Italian Wiki is no more reachable, it point to
http://languages.opensuse.org.

Please restore it.

Caig

Re: Shutdown of 'is', 'fi', 'vi' wiki instances

Matthew Ehle

>> >I'm fine with that. Thanks for taking care of this.
>>
>> I have set up a redirection for each of these wikis to go to
>> languages.opensuse.org.  I'll keep the files and databases around for
>> another month or so, then I'll archive them.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Matt
>
>Currently I see no redirection for http://fi.opensuse.org
>but the Italian Wiki is no more reachable, it point to
>http://languages.opensuse.org.
>
>Please restore it.
My mistake, somehow I misread the request.  I have changed the rewrite rules, so now
fi.opensuse.org redirects and it.opensuse.org does not.  It's possible that you might
need to clear your browser's cache in order to have it come up.

Thank you,
Matt

Re: Shutdown of 'is', 'fi', 'vi' wiki instances

Caig
2012/12/2 Matthew Ehle <[hidden email]>
> My mistake, somehow I misread the request.  I have changed the rewrite
> rules, so now
> fi.opensuse.org redirects and it.opensuse.org does not.  It's possible
> that you might
> need to clear your browser's cache in order to have it come up.
>
> Thank you,
> Matt

Thank you for the fix

Caig