Selecting GCC version

Matthias Fehring
Hello,

is there a simple way to force the GCC version used to build a package?
openSUSE Leap 42.2 for example
uses GCC 4.8 as default compiler, but also provides packages for GCC
5.3. Simply using BuildRequires gcc5
pulls gcc5 in but still uses gcc48 to build the package (especially in
Build Service).

So is there maybe some Buid Service or spec file switch (bcond) to
select the used GCC version?

Best greetings

Matthias Fehring

P.S. Not sure if it is a problem with my browser settings, but when I
try to search lists.opensuse.org, it is not possible
for me to limit the results to a specific list. Even if I set one, I get
results from all lists, what makes searching almost
impossible, because most results are commit messages.

--
Das Gesetz hat zum Schneckengang verdorben, was Adlerflug geworden wäre.
(Friedrich Schiller - Die Räuber)

www.buschmann23.de
GPG-Key: 0x614C3258
GPG Fingerprint: D786 DDF8 4CA9 00BC CDE0 9A5F CCC5 125D 6E87 D4FC

Re: Selecting GCC version

Jan Engelhardt-4

On Thursday 2017-03-30 12:51, Matthias Fehring wrote:

>So is there maybe some Buid Service or spec file switch (bcond) to
>select the used GCC version?

%build
export CC=gcc-5
%configure ...
?

Re: Selecting GCC version

Matthias Fehring
Am 30.03.2017 um 13:18 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:
> On Thursday 2017-03-30 12:51, Matthias Fehring wrote:
>> So is there maybe some Buid Service or spec file switch (bcond) to
>> select the used GCC version?
> %build
> export CC=gcc-5
> %configure ...
> ?

Arrrrgh, not seeing the wood for the trees....

Thank you :)

--
Das Gesetz hat zum Schneckengang verdorben, was Adlerflug geworden wäre.
(Friedrich Schiller - Die Räuber)

www.buschmann23.de
GPG-Key: 0x614C3258
GPG Fingerprint: D786 DDF8 4CA9 00BC CDE0 9A5F CCC5 125D 6E87 D4FC

Re: Selecting GCC version

Christian Boltz-5

Am Donnerstag, 30. März 2017, 12:51:00 CEST schrieb Matthias Fehring:
> Simply using BuildRequires gcc5 pulls gcc5 in but still uses gcc48 to
> build the package (especially in Build Service).

Besides Jan's way, using a BuiltIgnore could be another option.

> P.S. Not sure if it is a problem with my browser settings, but when I
> try to search lists.opensuse.org, it is not possible
> for me to limit the results to a specific list. Even if I set one, I
> get results from all lists, what makes searching almost
> impossible, because most results are commit messages.

Please report such issues to [hidden email] ;-)

That said - this is a known issue:
https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/4314

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
> Apper segfaults [...]
Well, that's annoying but it's better not to be in the dark.
I foresee a busy Tuesday evening in my near future.
[Will Stephenson in opensuse-factory]