SUSE Studio Express questions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
28 messages Options
12
S.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SUSE Studio Express questions

S.
Congrats to the team on getting this integration rolling. Quick question:

> Since OBS already builds images for various environments, we will first add a new image building GUI to OBS. This combined solution will now be delivered as “SUSE Studio Express”.

Currently when I go to https://studioexpress.opensuse.org/ I just see a landing page with links to the OBS image templates and some instructions. But I don't see a new GUI or visual way of putting together a custom image, except for the "Edit Kiwi" section. Is the full GUI still forthcoming?

And what about external repositories? It appears that non-OBS RPM repos added to Studio Express fail unless they have the `obs:/` scheme address. So that means no adding external repos such as Packman? (As a matter of fact, it looks like none of my repos from the SuseStudio import work, even the openSUSE OSS ones, since they use an `http://` URL scheme.)

Also, with the "KIWI Image Templates for openSUSE Leap 42.3", which would I use for a live ISO image that can run on physical hardware? All the current templates seem to be only for virtualization systems.

> other features are not on the roadmap like test drive

I'll sure miss this one. As the developer of GeckoLinux with no less than seventeen (17) different ISO editions, the test drive was the single biggest time saver that allowed me to test configurations. It even had a fascinating feature where you could see what files were getting changed during the test drive session, complete with diffs of the changes, and then you could hand pick which modified files to overlay in the final ISO. I learned so much about how and where the different desktop environments save their settings thanks to this feature.

I've learned to really appreciate SuseStudio despite all of its quirks and intricacies. I hope that the OBS / Studio Express feature set can be eventually improved to gradually come close to parity. SuseStudio, you will be missed! :-)
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

Roman Bysh-5
On 22/09/17 02:12 PM, S. wrote:

> Congrats to the team on getting this integration rolling. Quick question:
>
> > Since OBS already builds images for various environments, we will first add a new image building GUI to OBS. This combined solution will now
> > be delivered as “SUSE Studio Express”.
>
> Currently when I go to https://studioexpress.opensuse.org/ I just see a landing page with links to the OBS image templates and some
> instructions. But I don't see a new GUI or visual way of putting together a custom image, except for the "Edit Kiwi" section. Is the full GUI
> still forthcoming?
>
> And what about external repositories? It appears that non-OBS RPM repos added to Studio Express fail unless they have the `obs:/` scheme
> address. So that means no adding external repos such as Packman? (As a matter of fact, it looks like none of my repos from the SuseStudio import
> work, even the openSUSE OSS ones, since they use an `http://` URL scheme.)
>
> Also, with the "KIWI Image Templates for openSUSE Leap 42.3", which would I use for a live ISO image that can run on physical hardware? All the
> current templates seem to be only for virtualization systems.
>
> > other features are not on the roadmap like test drive
>
> I'll sure miss this one. As the developer of GeckoLinux with no less than seventeen (17) different ISO editions, the test drive was the single
> biggest time saver that allowed me to test configurations. It even had a fascinating feature where you could see what files were getting changed
> during the test drive session, complete with diffs of the changes, and then you could hand pick which modified files to overlay in the final
> ISO. I learned so much about how and where the different desktop environments save their settings thanks to this feature.
>
> I've learned to really appreciate SuseStudio despite all of its quirks and intricacies. I hope that the OBS / Studio Express feature set can be
> eventually improved to gradually come close to parity. SuseStudio, you will be missed! :-)

All of the templates on https://build.opensuse.org/image_templates are missing.

Cheers!

Roman
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

Andreas Jaeger-8
In reply to this post by S.
On 09/22/2017 08:12 PM,  S.  wrote:

> Congrats to the team on getting this integration rolling. Quick question:
>
>> Since OBS already builds images for various environments, we will
>> first add a new image building GUI to OBS. This combined solution will
>> now be delivered as “SUSE Studio Express”.
>
> Currently when I go to https://studioexpress.opensuse.org/ I just see a
> landing page with links to the OBS image templates and some
> instructions. But I don't see a new GUI or visual way of putting
> together a custom image, except for the "Edit Kiwi" section. Is the full
> GUI still forthcoming?

It links to the GUI that has been added over the last months - and will
see some more work.

> And what about external repositories? It appears that non-OBS RPM repos
> added to Studio Express fail unless they have the `obs:/` scheme
> address. So that means no adding external repos such as Packman? (As a
> matter of fact, it looks like none of my repos from the SuseStudio
> import work, even the openSUSE OSS ones, since they use an `http://` URL
> scheme.)

You can edit your packages, for some of them indeed a manual
conversation is needed. Best to ask more questions on the build service
list.

> Also, with the "KIWI Image Templates for openSUSE Leap 42.3", which
> would I use for a live ISO image that can run on physical hardware? All
> the current templates seem to be only for virtualization systems.

You might need to create one first.

>> other features are not on the roadmap like test drive
>
> I'll sure miss this one. As the developer of GeckoLinux with no less
> than seventeen (17) different ISO editions, the test drive was the
> single biggest time saver that allowed me to test configurations. It
> even had a fascinating feature where you could see what files were
> getting changed during the test drive session, complete with diffs of
> the changes, and then you could hand pick which modified files to
> overlay in the final ISO. I learned so much about how and where the
> different desktop environments save their settings thanks to this feature.

You can do this nowadays with BtrFS and snapshotting.

> I've learned to really appreciate SuseStudio despite all of its quirks
> and intricacies. I hope that the OBS / Studio Express feature set can be
> eventually improved to gradually come close to parity. SuseStudio, you
> will be missed! :-)

Yes, Studio has some really great stuff - and now it's time to take
features like collaboration, additional architectures etc from OBS and
merge these,


Andreas
--
  Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter: jaegerandi
   SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
     GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F  FED1 389A 563C C272 A126

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

Jim Henderson-4
On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 06:46:32 +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> Yes, Studio has some really great stuff - and now it's time to take
> features like collaboration, additional architectures etc from OBS and
> merge these,

I really like what I'm seeing so far, but am wondering if there's a
roadmap for feature parity (where appropriate) somewhere?  Things like
building ISO images and hard disk images are things I look for with
Studio today, but I don't see that kind of functionality in express.

Similarly, I can (and do) build appliances for versions of SLES that
Express doesn't seem to support (yet) - anything earlier than SLES12SP3
(I currently build and use images for SLES11 - all SPs, and SLES12).  I
recognize that's SLE and not openSUSE, but the lines do blur a bit with
the service as it stands today.

Thanks for the work on this - it's refreshing to see the appliance-
building infrastructure getting some attention.  Users have been
wondering for several months what options they'll have for building these
kinds of images for Leap 42.3.

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson
 Please keep on-topic replies on the list so everyone benefits

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

Roger Oberholtzer-2
On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Jim Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

It would be great if one could import a kiwi project that one
currently runs on a local computer. Not just one set up in Studio.

--
Roger Oberholtzer
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

opensuse.lietuviu.kalba
In reply to this post by S.
2017.09.22 21:12, S. rašė:

>> Since OBS already builds images for various environments, we will
>> first add a new image building GUI to OBS. This combined solution
>> will now be delivered as “SUSE Studio Express”.
>
> Currently when I go to https://studioexpress.opensuse.org/ I just see
> a landing page with links to the OBS image templates and some
> instructions. But I don't see a new GUI or visual way of putting
> together a custom image, except for the "Edit Kiwi" section. Is the
> full GUI still forthcoming?
>
> And what about external repositories? It appears that non-OBS RPM
> repos added to Studio Express fail unless they have the `obs:/` scheme
> address. So that means no adding external repos such as Packman? (As a
> matter of fact, it looks like none of my repos from the SuseStudio
> import work, even the openSUSE OSS ones, since they use an `http://`
> URL scheme.)

Not able to build with external repositories is the main disadvantage
for me also, and forces me use Kiwi in local computer only.

Within OBS I even can not find way to build Tumbleweed images, because
http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/ is outside OBS... Maybe
you know working equivalent of latest tested Tumbleweed snapshot repo in
OBS?

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
On Tue, 2017-09-26 at 13:58 +0300, opensuse.lietuviu.kalba wrote:

> 2017.09.22 21:12, S. rašė:
> > > Since OBS already builds images for various environments, we
> > > will
> > > first add a new image building GUI to OBS. This combined
> > > solution
> > > will now be delivered as “SUSE Studio Express”.
> >
> > Currently when I go to https://studioexpress.opensuse.org/ I just
> > see
> > a landing page with links to the OBS image templates and some
> > instructions. But I don't see a new GUI or visual way of putting
> > together a custom image, except for the "Edit Kiwi" section. Is
> > the
> > full GUI still forthcoming?
> >
> > And what about external repositories? It appears that non-OBS RPM
> > repos added to Studio Express fail unless they have the `obs:/`
> > scheme
> > address. So that means no adding external repos such as Packman?
> > (As a
> > matter of fact, it looks like none of my repos from the SuseStudio
> > import work, even the openSUSE OSS ones, since they use an `http://
> > `
> > URL scheme.)
>
> Not able to build with external repositories is the main
> disadvantage
> for me also, and forces me use Kiwi in local computer only.
>
> Within OBS I even can not find way to build Tumbleweed images,
> because
> http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/ is outside OBS...
> Maybe
> you know working equivalent of latest tested Tumbleweed snapshot repo
> in
> OBS?
openSUSE:Tumbleweed/standard is the Tumbleweed repo on OBS (it's
aliased to openSUSE:Factory/snapshot)

Cheers
Dominique

signature.asc (201 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

opensuse.lietuviu.kalba
2017.09.26 14:00, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar rašė:
>> Maybe
>> you know working equivalent of latest tested Tumbleweed snapshot repo
>> in
>> OBS?
> openSUSE:Tumbleweed/standard is the Tumbleweed repo on OBS (it's
> aliased to openSUSE:Factory/snapshot)

Thanks, but obs://openSUSE:Factory/snapshot and
obs://openSUSE:Tumbleweed/standard seems not to be equivalent:

It seems to find packages, if I add in config.kiwi file

<repository type='yast2'>
     <source path='obs://openSUSE:Factory/snapshot'/>
</repository>

But if I add

<repository type='yast2'>
     <source path='obs://openSUSE:Tumbleweed/standard'/>
</repository>

then OBS complains a lot about  „nothing provides ...“


However even with obs://openSUSE:Factory/snapshot I can not build
because of:

"have choice for kiwi-packagemanager:zypper: kiwi-requires python2-kiwi
python3-kiwi".

Adding explicitly in config.kiwi <package name="kiwi-requires"/> or
<package name="python2-kiwi"/> or <package name="python3-kiwi"/> – does
not help...

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

Jim Henderson-4
In reply to this post by opensuse.lietuviu.kalba
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 13:58:10 +0300, opensuse.lietuviu.kalba wrote:

> Not able to build with external repositories is the main disadvantage
> for me also, and forces me use Kiwi in local computer only.

Indeed, that could be problematic (and a step backwards) for people using
SUSE Studio with a repo like Packman.

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson
 Please keep on-topic replies on the list so everyone benefits

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

Andreas Schwab-2
In reply to this post by opensuse.lietuviu.kalba
On Sep 26 2017, "opensuse.lietuviu.kalba" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, but obs://openSUSE:Factory/snapshot and
> obs://openSUSE:Tumbleweed/standard seems not to be equivalent:
>
> It seems to find packages, if I add in config.kiwi file
>
> <repository type='yast2'>
>     <source path='obs://openSUSE:Factory/snapshot'/>
> </repository>
>
> But if I add
>
> <repository type='yast2'>
>     <source path='obs://openSUSE:Tumbleweed/standard'/>
> </repository>
>
> then OBS complains a lot about  „nothing provides ...“

That's because obs://openSUSE:Tumbleweed/standard does not have any
packages on its own.  When building in OBS this works because the
project meta defines an appropriate repository path, but kiwi does not
know about that.  There is also the possibility to use <source
path="obsrepositores:/"/>, but I don't know whether that works with SUSE
Studio.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, [hidden email]
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

Andreas Jaeger-8
In reply to this post by Jim Henderson-4
On 2017-09-25 20:33, Jim Henderson wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 06:46:32 +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>
>> Yes, Studio has some really great stuff - and now it's time to take
>> features like collaboration, additional architectures etc from OBS and
>> merge these,
>
> I really like what I'm seeing so far, but am wondering if there's a
> roadmap for feature parity (where appropriate) somewhere?  Things like
> building ISO images and hard disk images are things I look for with
> Studio today, but I don't see that kind of functionality in express.

Those are available using templates, anybody should be able to provide
templates for these and contribute them if they are interested in
speeding this up.

> Similarly, I can (and do) build appliances for versions of SLES that
> Express doesn't seem to support (yet) - anything earlier than SLES12SP3
> (I currently build and use images for SLES11 - all SPs, and SLES12).  I
> recognize that's SLE and not openSUSE, but the lines do blur a bit with
> the service as it stands today.

We can add SLES 11 SP4 - but since older SLE 12 release are mainly out
of support (exception is SP2), those are not available.

> Thanks for the work on this - it's refreshing to see the appliance-
> building infrastructure getting some attention.  Users have been
> wondering for several months what options they'll have for building these
> kinds of images for Leap 42.3.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter: jaegerandi
  SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
   GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
    GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F  FED1 389A 563C C272 A126

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

Andreas Jaeger-8
In reply to this post by Roger Oberholtzer-2
On 2017-09-26 12:34, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Jim Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> It would be great if one could import a kiwi project that one
> currently runs on a local computer. Not just one set up in Studio.

You should be able to add kiwi files that you have locally, there's
nothing magic here. What is not working for you?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter: jaegerandi
  SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
   GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
    GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F  FED1 389A 563C C272 A126

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

Axel Braun-2
Am Freitag, 6. Oktober 2017, 14:09:06 CEST schrieb Andreas Jaeger:
> On 2017-09-26 12:34, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Jim Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > It would be great if one could import a kiwi project that one
> > currently runs on a local computer. Not just one set up in Studio.
>
> You should be able to add kiwi files that you have locally, there's
> nothing magic here. What is not working for you?

Sorry to step in....I'm currently trying to migrate some Studio appliances to
Studio Express. After some manual adjustmends I got it building, but the
result (a 4GB vmdk file) is not accepted by Virtualbox (invalid format)

So I went back to start to JeOS Template - and found that this fails to buiild
as well:
[   81s] Problem: nothing provides kernel-default needed by virtualbox-guest-
kmp-default-5.1.26_k4.4.85_22-31.1.x86_64

Manually removing virtualbox-guest-tools fixes that, but then the image is only
half way useable..

Clearly OBS has improved in terms of kiwi/Studio capabilities, but is still
far behind Studio. Sad, as we all no that Studio has no future...

Cheers
Axel
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

Roger Oberholtzer-2
In reply to this post by Andreas Jaeger-8
On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 2:09 PM, Andreas Jaeger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 2017-09-26 12:34, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Jim Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> It would be great if one could import a kiwi project that one
>> currently runs on a local computer. Not just one set up in Studio.
>
> You should be able to add kiwi files that you have locally, there's
> nothing magic here. What is not working for you?

I have not figured out the general work flow. I can choose some
pre-defined things to build. So I am guessing one chooses one of
those, and then changes files as needed?

I guess I need to play with it a bit to see what I can do. An "Import
local KIWI spec" would make sense. Of course, I only have a handful of
these. So if I get the steps sorted out I can do things by hand. I'm
okay with that. As long as I know what makes sense to change.



--
Roger Oberholtzer
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

Dave Plater lst


On 09/10/2017 09:07, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 2:09 PM, Andreas Jaeger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 2017-09-26 12:34, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
>>> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Jim Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> It would be great if one could import a kiwi project that one
>>> currently runs on a local computer. Not just one set up in Studio.
>>
>> You should be able to add kiwi files that you have locally, there's
>> nothing magic here. What is not working for you?
>
> I have not figured out the general work flow. I can choose some
> pre-defined things to build. So I am guessing one chooses one of
> those, and then changes files as needed?
>
> I guess I need to play with it a bit to see what I can do. An "Import
> local KIWI spec" would make sense. Of course, I only have a handful of
> these. So if I get the steps sorted out I can do things by hand. I'm
> okay with that. As long as I know what makes sense to change.
>
>
>
AFAIR Suse studio has an export KIWI option.
Dave P
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

Andreas Jaeger-8
In reply to this post by Axel Braun-2
On 2017-10-06 18:49, Axel Braun wrote:

> Am Freitag, 6. Oktober 2017, 14:09:06 CEST schrieb Andreas Jaeger:
>> On 2017-09-26 12:34, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
>>> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Jim Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> It would be great if one could import a kiwi project that one
>>> currently runs on a local computer. Not just one set up in Studio.
>>
>> You should be able to add kiwi files that you have locally, there's
>> nothing magic here. What is not working for you?
>
> Sorry to step in....I'm currently trying to migrate some Studio appliances to
> Studio Express. After some manual adjustmends I got it building, but the
> result (a 4GB vmdk file) is not accepted by Virtualbox (invalid format)
>
> So I went back to start to JeOS Template - and found that this fails to buiild
> as well:
> [   81s] Problem: nothing provides kernel-default needed by virtualbox-guest-
> kmp-default-5.1.26_k4.4.85_22-31.1.x86_64
>
> Manually removing virtualbox-guest-tools fixes that, but then the image is only
> half way useable..
>
> Clearly OBS has improved in terms of kiwi/Studio capabilities, but is still
> far behind Studio. Sad, as we all no that Studio has no future...

Best discuss this with the build service team - the factory list is the
wrong list, use opensuse-buildservice mailing list instead.

See also http://openbuildservice.org/2017/09/27/suse-studio-express/

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter: jaegerandi
  SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
   GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
    GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F  FED1 389A 563C C272 A126

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

Andreas Jaeger-8
In reply to this post by Roger Oberholtzer-2
On 2017-10-09 09:07, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 2:09 PM, Andreas Jaeger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 2017-09-26 12:34, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
>>> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Jim Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> It would be great if one could import a kiwi project that one
>>> currently runs on a local computer. Not just one set up in Studio.
>>
>> You should be able to add kiwi files that you have locally, there's
>> nothing magic here. What is not working for you?
>
> I have not figured out the general work flow. I can choose some
> pre-defined things to build. So I am guessing one chooses one of
> those, and then changes files as needed?
>
> I guess I need to play with it a bit to see what I can do. An "Import
> local KIWI spec" would make sense. Of course, I only have a handful of
> these. So if I get the steps sorted out I can do things by hand. I'm
> okay with that. As long as I know what makes sense to change.
>

See also
http://openbuildservice.org/2017/09/27/suse-studio-express/

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter: jaegerandi
  SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
   GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
    GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F  FED1 389A 563C C272 A126

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

Roger Oberholtzer-2
On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 9:32 AM, Andreas Jaeger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2017-10-09 09:07, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 2:09 PM, Andreas Jaeger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> On 2017-09-26 12:34, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
>>>> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Jim Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> It would be great if one could import a kiwi project that one
>>>> currently runs on a local computer. Not just one set up in Studio.
>>>
>>> You should be able to add kiwi files that you have locally, there's
>>> nothing magic here. What is not working for you?
>>
>> I have not figured out the general work flow. I can choose some
>> pre-defined things to build. So I am guessing one chooses one of
>> those, and then changes files as needed?
>>
>> I guess I need to play with it a bit to see what I can do. An "Import
>> local KIWI spec" would make sense. Of course, I only have a handful of
>> these. So if I get the steps sorted out I can do things by hand. I'm
>> okay with that. As long as I know what makes sense to change.
>>
>
> See also
> http://openbuildservice.org/2017/09/27/suse-studio-express/

I've added my kiwi files, but I get a error that nothing defines any
of the packages I want. I know that if I specify the repository wrong
I get an error. But I don't get that kind of error.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:rogeroberholtzer/rsl-oem-42.3

This pretty much works as a native build on my Leap 42.3. I expect it
would get further along. I'm sure I'm just blind.


--
Roger Oberholtzer
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

Roger Oberholtzer-2
On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 6:12 PM, Roger Oberholtzer
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 9:32 AM, Andreas Jaeger <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> See also
>> http://openbuildservice.org/2017/09/27/suse-studio-express/
>
> I've added my kiwi files, but I get a error that nothing defines any
> of the packages I want. I know that if I specify the repository wrong
> I get an error. But I don't get that kind of error.
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:rogeroberholtzer/rsl-oem-42.3
>
> This pretty much works as a native build on my Leap 42.3. I expect it
> would get further along. I'm sure I'm just blind.

I see that it is the i586 build that is complaining about all files.
That's okay. I don't need that one. But the x86_64 is complaining
about kiwi stuff. I need tftp for diskless clients. And kiwi wants
aftp. Can they co-exist? It's also odd that ntop has missing things
even though the repos that should contain them are, I think, present.
I do not get these complaints on a local build with the same
config.xml file.

--
Roger Oberholtzer
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: SUSE Studio Express questions

Roger Oberholtzer-2
In reply to this post by Roger Oberholtzer-2
On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 8:58 PM, Axel Braun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There are some error messages regarding 'have choice of...' - fix them by adding the respective package to your build, then try again

So in OBS, the solver for packages is not zypper? Or at least there is
a pre-processing step that is not zypper? This config.xml builds both
native on my Leap 42.3, as well as in Dice/Docker. I have an issue
with the systemdisk directive. But there is no problem at all with
packages, dependencies, or which repo is used for what. OBS seems to
be introducing a new, and perhaps different check.

For example, there is a complaint related to MozillaFirefox. I only
have the standard repos for this. I do not have any Mozilla/Firefox
repos. So why should there be confusion about which MozillaFirefox
parts come from which repo? It would be very odd if I had to
explicitly tell the names of the various RPMs that MozillaFirefox
needs.

I can only suspect that there is something amiss. The question is: where?


--
Roger Oberholtzer
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

12