Requires(pre): user(wwwrun)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Requires(pre): user(wwwrun)

Johannes Weberhofer-2
Dear all!

When I understand it right, for future builds it is necessary to include systemusers like wwwrun when required. This currently is supported only on Tumbleweed and breaks building on other systems. How can we handle that? Especially if Leap is going back to a 15 version?

Please help!
--
Johannes Weberhofer
Weberhofer GmbH, Austria, Vienna
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Requires(pre): user(wwwrun)

Bernhard M. Wiedemann-5

On 2017-04-25 15:27, Johannes Weberhofer wrote:
> Dear all!
>
> When I understand it right, for future builds it is necessary to
> include systemusers like wwwrun when required. This currently is
> supported only on Tumbleweed and breaks building on other systems. How
> can we handle that? Especially if Leap is going back to a 15 version?
I think, it can be as easy as

%if 0%{?suse_version} >= 1330
Requires(pre): user(wwwrun) # or however that is written
%endif

because future Leap 15 versions will have that feature and a
suse_version of at least Factory's 1330
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Requires(pre): user(wwwrun)

Johannes Weberhofer-2
Am 25.04.2017 um 22:51 schrieb Bernhard M. Wiedemann:

>
> On 2017-04-25 15:27, Johannes Weberhofer wrote:
>> Dear all!
>>
>> When I understand it right, for future builds it is necessary to
>> include systemusers like wwwrun when required. This currently is
>> supported only on Tumbleweed and breaks building on other systems. How
>> can we handle that? Especially if Leap is going back to a 15 version?
> I think, it can be as easy as
>
> %if 0%{?suse_version} >= 1330
> Requires(pre): user(wwwrun) # or however that is written
> %endif
>
> because future Leap 15 versions will have that feature and a
> suse_version of at least Factory's 1330

Thanks! The should work. If not, I'll let you know.

--
Johannes Weberhofer
Weberhofer GmbH, Austria, Vienna
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Requires(pre): user(wwwrun)

Johannes Meixner
In reply to this post by Johannes Weberhofer-2

Hello,

On Apr 25 17:27 Johannes Weberhofer wrote (excerpt):
> When I understand it right, for future builds
> it is necessary to include systemusers like wwwrun
> when required. This currently is supported only
> on Tumbleweed and breaks building on other systems.

that is already implemented in the cups source package
in the Printing development project for the cups-libs
binary RPM:
----------------------------------------------------------
$ osc cat Printing cups cups.changes | less
...
Wed Mar 29 13:41:15 UTC 2017 - [hidden email]

- Add /etc/cups to cups-libs package [bsc#1025689]

----------------------------------------------------------
$ osc cat Printing cups cups.spec | less
.
.
.
%package libs
...
%if 0%{?suse_version} >= 1330
Requires(pre):  group(lp)
%endif
.
.
.
%files libs
...
%if 0%{?suse_version} >= 1330
%dir %attr(0755,root,lp) /etc/cups
%endif
----------------------------------------------------------

See also
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1025689
because in this or that cases other packages may
also need adaptions (in case of cups the filesystem
package needed also adaptions because before /etc/cups
was in the filesystem package, now it is in cups-libs).


Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE LINUX GmbH - GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard,
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Requires(pre): user(wwwrun)

Olaf Hering-2
In reply to this post by Bernhard M. Wiedemann-5
Am Tue, 25 Apr 2017 20:51:19 +0000
schrieb "Bernhard M. Wiedemann" <[hidden email]>:

> %if 0%{?suse_version} >= 1330

Use "> 1320" because that is the last released major version. 13.3 does not exist. Leap/SLE12 is covered by 1315.

Olaf

attachment0 (201 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Requires(pre): user(wwwrun)

Johannes Meixner

Hello Olaf,

On Apr 26 09:51 Olaf Hering wrote (excerpt):

> Am Tue, 25 Apr 2017 20:51:19 +0000
> schrieb "Bernhard M. Wiedemann" <[hidden email]>:
>
>> %if 0%{?suse_version} >= 1330
>
> Use "> 1320" because that is the last released major version.
> 13.3 does not exist. Leap/SLE12 is covered by 1315.

Why must one use a number of an existing release?

Perhaps it is somehow intentional to compare against
a non-existing release (e.g. to make it more obvious
that this number has nothing to do with a "13.3")?


Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE LINUX GmbH - GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard,
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]