Request for updating homepage of Chinese wiki

Request for updating homepage of Chinese wiki

Guo Yunhe
https://zh.opensuse.org/ the home page hasn't been updated for a long
time. The link of release counting picture still links to openSUSE 13.2

Hope someone with admin permission can update this page. Thanks!

--
Guo Yunhe

Re: Request for updating homepage of Chinese wiki

Sarah Julia Kriesch
Hi,

you don't need admin permissions for updating the wiki. Any Chineses wiki maintainer (= any volunteer) has to look after changes in the English wiki and has to transfer that to the Chinese wiki (=update of the wiki). After that you'll have a update of version numbers, too.
Do you want to do that?

Best regards,
Sarah

> Gesendet: Samstag, 12. November 2016 um 11:54 Uhr
> Von: "Guo Yunhe" <[hidden email]>
> An: "openSUSE Wiki mail list" <[hidden email]>
> Betreff: [opensuse-wiki] Request for updating homepage of Chinese wiki
>
> https://zh.opensuse.org/ the home page hasn't been updated for a long
> time. The link of release counting picture still links to openSUSE 13.2
>
> Hope someone with admin permission can update this page. Thanks!
>
> --
> Guo Yunhe

Re: Request for updating homepage of Chinese wiki

Guo Yunhe
However, the home page ( https://zh.opensuse.org/%E9%A6%96%E9%A1%B5 )
was protected and I cannot edit it. Only admins can edit the home page.

在 2016年11月12日 16:05, Sarah Julia Kriesch 写道:

--
Guo Yunhe

Re: Request for updating homepage of Chinese wiki

Christian Boltz-5

Am Samstag, 12. November 2016, 12:54:06 CET schrieb Guo Yunhe:
> https://zh.opensuse.org/ the home page hasn't been updated for a long
> time. The link of release counting picture still links to openSUSE
> 13.2
>
> Hope someone with admin permission can update this page. Thanks!

In addition to what Sarah wrote:

Since the main page wasn't updated for so long, maybe you should ping
one or two of the admins directly, and maybe even ask for admin
permissions so that you can edit it yourself ;-)

Option 1 - Admins (can edit protected pages like the main page):
https://zh.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Special:%E7%94%A8%E6%88%B7%E5%88%97%E8%A1%A8&username=&group=sysop&limit=50

Option 2 - Bureaucrats (can give you admin permissions):
https://zh.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Special:%E7%94%A8%E6%88%B7%E5%88%97%E8%A1%A8&username=&group=bureaucrat&limit=50

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
<suseROCKs> henne: [...] Can you link me to any documentation [...]?
<henne> suseROCKs: brain://henne/hardware/touchsmart

Re: Request for updating homepage of Chinese wiki

Sarah Julia Kriesch

I didn't see that it is the Main page. That's a special page in the wiki and only admins can edit it.
Other pages can be edited by normal users.

It was a little bit difficult to navigate through a Chinese wiki, but here is the list with Chinese wiki admins: https://zh.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Special:%E7%94%A8%E6%88%B7%E5%88%97%E8%A1%A8&group=sysop

You can ping them to update the main page or ask a buerocrat for getting admin permissions (what Christian wrote).

Write here again for more questions.
Thanks for your contributions.

Best regards,
Sarah

> Gesendet: Samstag, 12. November 2016 um 15:52 Uhr
> Von: "Christian Boltz" <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [opensuse-wiki] Request for updating homepage of Chinese wiki
>
> Hello,
>
> Am Samstag, 12. November 2016, 12:54:06 CET schrieb Guo Yunhe:
> > https://zh.opensuse.org/ the home page hasn't been updated for a long
> > time. The link of release counting picture still links to openSUSE
> > 13.2
> >
> > Hope someone with admin permission can update this page. Thanks!
>
> In addition to what Sarah wrote:
>
> Since the main page wasn't updated for so long, maybe you should ping
> one or two of the admins directly, and maybe even ask for admin
> permissions so that you can edit it yourself ;-)
>
> Option 1 - Admins (can edit protected pages like the main page):
> https://zh.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Special:%E7%94%A8%E6%88%B7%E5%88%97%E8%A1%A8&username=&group=sysop&limit=50
>
> Option 2 - Bureaucrats (can give you admin permissions):
> https://zh.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Special:%E7%94%A8%E6%88%B7%E5%88%97%E8%A1%A8&username=&group=bureaucrat&limit=50

Thanks, Christian!

> Regards,
>
> Christian Boltz
> --
> <suseROCKs> henne: [...] Can you link me to any documentation [...]?
> <henne> suseROCKs: brain://henne/hardware/touchsmart
> <suseROCKs> Firefox:   Oops!  There appears to be no brain:// associated
>             with henne
> [from #opensuse-project]

Re: Request for updating homepage of Chinese wiki

Christian Boltz-5

(for some reason, your mail didn't appear on opensuse-wiki yet, so I'm
using reply to all this time)

Am Montag, 28. November 2016, 15:01:18 CET schrieb Yunhe Guo:
> Hi, I have tried to email some people and add discussion on wiki.
> However, here is no replies. Any suggestions?

Whom exactly did you contact? (Please answer off-list, maybe some people
don't like public blaming ;-)

I see at least two persons who are working for SUSE and could give you
the needed wiki permissions, so we'll find a way ;-)

BTW, your username is Guoyunhebrave, right?

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
And if the majority here feels mlmmj should respond in Klingon,
that's what we should consider.  As long as it uses proper MIME

Re: Request for updating homepage of Chinese wiki

Guo Yunhe
> BTW, your username is Guoyunhebrave, right?
Yes, this is my username.

On 2016-11-28 20:01, Christian Boltz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> (for some reason, your mail didn't appear on opensuse-wiki yet, so I'm
> using reply to all this time)

Guessing:

Yunhe Guo is using gmail. This means that when you "reply to all",
he/she will only receive the direct post, not the copy from the mail
list, because it arrives later to the mailbox and google deletes it as
"duplicated".

This means that in Thunderbird the "reply to list" button does not
appear. Your post, on first look, appears as a private post.

                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

Am Montag, 28. November 2016, 21:04:10 CET schrieb Guo Yunhe:
> > BTW, your username is Guoyunhebrave, right?
>
> Yes, this is my username.

Darix just gave me bureaucrat permissions on the zh wiki :-)  - and I
gave you and Grover Chou admin permissions so that you can edit the
protected pages.

If you are logged in currently, you might need to logout and login again
to enable your admin permissions.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
> This will be the Chinese year of the Snake so the next release should
> be called Anaconda. Period. No discussion, no arguments.
Using a name of South America species because there is a Year of Snake
in China? This is what people called "globalization", isn't it ;-)
[> Basil Chupin and Michal Vyskocil in opensuse-factory]

Re: Request for updating homepage of Chinese wiki

Guo Yunhe
Thanks a lot! I have updated the homepage of zh wiki.

在 2016年12月06日 19:18, Christian Boltz 写道:

--
Guo Yunhe