Request for testing

Adrian Schröter
Hi,

we have a new (login) proxy host which handles all traffic to OBS.
The plan is to switch to it by default on thursday.

But you may want to give it a try before by adding the following
line to your /etc/hosts

195.135.221.161 api.opensuse.org build.opensuse.org

The new host is also connected in a different way to our OBS instance.
We hope that traffic of other services won't affect the OBS traffic
anymore.

any feedback would be great, even when nothing changes to you ;)

thanks
adrian

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany

Re: Request for testing

Bruno Friedmann-2
On lundi, 13 mars 2017 15.29:02 h CET Adrian Schröter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have a new (login) proxy host which handles all traffic to OBS.
> The plan is to switch to it by default on thursday.
>
> But you may want to give it a try before by adding the following
> line to your /etc/hosts
>
> 195.135.221.161 api.opensuse.org build.opensuse.org
>
> The new host is also connected in a different way to our OBS instance.
> We hope that traffic of other services won't affect the OBS traffic
> anymore.
>
> any feedback would be great, even when nothing changes to you ;)
>
> thanks
> adrian

Is it accessible by ipv6 directly too ?

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

Re: Request for testing

Adrian Schröter
On Montag, 13. März 2017, 16:12:03 CET wrote Bruno Friedmann:

> On lundi, 13 mars 2017 15.29:02 h CET Adrian Schröter wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > we have a new (login) proxy host which handles all traffic to OBS.
> > The plan is to switch to it by default on thursday.
> >
> > But you may want to give it a try before by adding the following
> > line to your /etc/hosts
> >
> > 195.135.221.161 api.opensuse.org build.opensuse.org
> >
> > The new host is also connected in a different way to our OBS instance.
> > We hope that traffic of other services won't affect the OBS traffic
> > anymore.
> >
> > any feedback would be great, even when nothing changes to you ;)
> >
> > thanks
> > adrian
>
> Is it accessible by ipv6 directly too ?

it has, but it is not reachable yet .... first bug found :)

fe80::5054:ff:fea9:8d0

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany

Re: Request for testing

Andreas Schwab
On Mär 13 2017, Adrian Schröter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> it has, but it is not reachable yet .... first bug found :)
>
> fe80::5054:ff:fea9:8d0

That's a link-local address, not reachable outside the link.  Thus for
all practical purpose, it doesn't have an IPv6 address.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, [hidden email]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5

Re: Request for testing

Adrian Schröter
On Montag, 13. März 2017, 17:34:55 CET wrote Andreas Schwab:
> On Mär 13 2017, Adrian Schröter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > it has, but it is not reachable yet .... first bug found :)
> >
> > fe80::5054:ff:fea9:8d0
>
> That's a link-local address, not reachable outside the link.  Thus for
> all practical purpose, it doesn't have an IPv6 address.

yes, just learned that we won't get an IPv6 before the move...

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany

Re: Request for testing

Bruno Friedmann-2
On mardi, 14 mars 2017 09.00:42 h CET Adrian Schröter wrote:

> On Montag, 13. März 2017, 17:34:55 CET wrote Andreas Schwab:
> > On Mär 13 2017, Adrian Schröter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > it has, but it is not reachable yet .... first bug found :)
> > >
> > > fe80::5054:ff:fea9:8d0
> >
> > That's a link-local address, not reachable outside the link.  Thus for
> > all practical purpose, it doesn't have an IPv6 address.
>
> yes, just learned that we won't get an IPv6 before the move...

don't worry too much, I would have been able to test it, cu you in real
production then :-)

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch