Repositories 43 / wiki page (post meeting)

Repositories 43 / wiki page (post meeting)

Bruno Friedmann-2
I've just done the add for 43
in http://en.opensuse.org/KDE/Repositories

I've prepared the links for Community & playground but leave them as comment.
Actually not repo exists.

I've added a mention about the 4.2 as unmaintained.

If somebody can re-read them ...

Another point :
I would propose to (perharps just after the 11.2 release) change the page
Making most important "normal user" repositories on top of the page.
( and make old like 3.5x a bit lower ), For 42, I think it would be great (if no volunteers to maintain)
to just leave a note about how to get the 43.

What are your ideas ?

--

     Bruno Friedmann  (aka tigerfoot)

Re: Repositories 43 / wiki page (post meeting)

Will Stephenson-2
On Friday 02 October 2009 09:16:14 Bruno Friedmann wrote:

> I've just done the add for 43
> in http://en.opensuse.org/KDE/Repositories
>
> I've prepared the links for Community & playground but leave them as
>  comment. Actually not repo exists.
>
> I've added a mention about the 4.2 as unmaintained.
>
> If somebody can re-read them ...
>
> Another point :
> I would propose to (perharps just after the 11.2 release) change the page
> Making most important "normal user" repositories on top of the page.
> ( and make old like 3.5x a bit lower ), For 42, I think it would be great
>  (if no volunteers to maintain) to just leave a note about how to get the
>  43.
>
> What are your ideas ?

I think "Whoa! that page is getting big and every section looks the same!".
Could you split it into sub-pages linked from KDE/Repositories ie
KDE/Repositories/KDE43, .../KDEFactory, .../KDE42, .../KDE41 etc?

Will

Re: Repositories 43 / wiki page (post meeting)

Martin Schlander
Fredag den 2. oktober 2009 12:57:40 skrev Will Stephenson:
> On Friday 02 October 2009 09:16:14 Bruno Friedmann wrote:
> > I've just done the add for 43
> > in http://en.opensuse.org/KDE/Repositories

> I think "Whoa! that page is getting big and every section looks the same!".
> Could you split it into sub-pages linked from KDE/Repositories ie
> KDE/Repositories/KDE43, .../KDEFactory, .../KDE42, .../KDE41 etc?

The root cause of the problem is too many KDE flavours :-)

It'll be messy and confusing no matter how the page is setup.

Can't we please just kill 4.2 and 4.3 when 4.3.1 is moved to stable and 4.3.x
to KKFD around November 12?

Martin Schlander wrote:

> Fredag den 2. oktober 2009 12:57:40 skrev Will Stephenson:
>> On Friday 02 October 2009 09:16:14 Bruno Friedmann wrote:
>>> I've just done the add for 43
>>> in http://en.opensuse.org/KDE/Repositories
>
>> I think "Whoa! that page is getting big and every section looks the same!".
>> Could you split it into sub-pages linked from KDE/Repositories ie
>> KDE/Repositories/KDE43, .../KDEFactory, .../KDE42, .../KDE41 etc?
>
> The root cause of the problem is too many KDE flavours :-)
>
> It'll be messy and confusing no matter how the page is setup.
>
> Can't we please just kill 4.2 and 4.3 when 4.3.1 is moved to stable and 4.3.x
> to KKFD around November 12?

I'm totally agree with this.
Keep this page just clean : most users just want to have pointers to the actual most stable version.

Don't think we have to put all others informations or in a +more page/sub-section
Any concrete idea or page plan is welcome ...

(
Will : I don't know how to create page, It's my first time using this strange language wiki use ...
Why they don't keep xhtml or xml as base language, don't know ... :-)
)

--

     Bruno Friedmann  (tigerfoot)