Removing unnecessary packages from devel:languages:go

Removing unnecessary packages from devel:languages:go

Thomas Hipp
Hello,

a few weeks ago, some of us maintainers of the devel:languages:go[0]
project decided to get rid of some source-only packages that are
strictly not needed, since they are no dependency of any binary package.
 Instead of having to maintain these packages on OBS, we now recommend
using `go get`.

The maintainers of the packages have been contacted.  Should they want
to keep their packages, they can respond until 1st November 2017, and
will then be solely responsible for the package(s).

Should there be any questions or issues regarding this, please don't
hesitate.

Cheers,
Thomas

[0] https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/devel:languages:go

--
Thomas Hipp
Software Developer — k8s core

SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nürnberg
Tel: +49 (0) 911 74053 0 — Fax: +49 (0) 911 7417755

  Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

PGP fingerprint: 48D6 A5F4 2D60 57BF 9A37  8004 5DE8 949A 899C 8D99

Re: Removing unnecessary packages from devel:languages:go

Adam Spiers
Thomas Hipp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>a few weeks ago, some of us maintainers of the devel:languages:go[0]
>project decided to get rid of some source-only packages that are
>strictly not needed, since they are no dependency of any binary package.
> Instead of having to maintain these packages on OBS, we now recommend
>using `go get`.

Thanks for the info.  Please can you ensure that this (and any other
policy change) is captured in this wiki page?

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Go

I might be missing something but I can't see it there currently.
Thanks again!