Removing long-failing packages from openSUSE:Factory

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Removing long-failing packages from openSUSE:Factory

Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
Dear Community,

I just filed a couple delete requests for packages that have been
failing to build for > 200 days by now. Considering that nobody seems
to care to submit fixes for those packages, I think it is safe to
assume they have been abandoned.

This message serves as a final call for help on those packages: if you
think those packages should remain, then help to keep them alive by
takaing over maintainership. Actions count more than words here (words
counl zero for me). If anybody wants one of those packages to remain
and commits to doing the work, please approach me so I can cancel the
delete request for the time being. But I won't keep them failing for
much longer.

Of course, at any moment, the packages can be re-introduced if a new
maintainer could be found.

The packages going to be deleted shortly are:

554573  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:14
     openSUSE:Factory/golang-google-golangorg-grpc
        Descr: Dep chain has been failing > 1 year
 
554575  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:15
     openSUSE:Factory/golang-org-x-net
        Descr: Dep chain has been failing to build for > 1 year
 
554576  State:declined   By:staging-bot  When:2017-12-05T16:46:28
     openSUSE:Factory/golang-google-golangorg-api
        Descr: Dep chain has been failing to build for > 1 year

554577  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:18
     openSUSE:Factory/golang-google-golangorg-appengine
        Descr: Dep chain has been failing to build for > 1 year

554578  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:19
     openSUSE:Factory/golang-google-golangorg-cloud
        Descr: Dep chain has been failing to build for > 1 year

554579  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:20
     openSUSE:Factory/golang-google-golangorg-grpc
        Descr: Dep chain has been failing to build for > 1 year

554580  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:20
     openSUSE:Factory/golang-org-x-oauth2
        Descr: Dep chain has been failing to build for > 1 year

554581  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:20
     openSUSE:Factory/golang-org-x-tools
        Descr: Dep chain has been failing to build for > 1 year
 
554582  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:34
     openSUSE:Factory/octave-forge-lssa
        Descr: Has been failing in openSUSE:Factory for > 270 days

554583  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:44:07
     openSUSE:Factory/golang-org-x-text
        Descr: Has been failing in openSUSE:Factory for > 250 days
 
554584  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:44:29
     openSUSE:Factory/golang-github-golang-protobuf
        Descr: Has been failing in openSUSE:Factory for > 250 days

554585  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:45:07
     openSUSE:Factory/fusecompress
        Descr: Has been failing in openSUSE:Factory for > 200 days
 
554586  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:47:35
     openSUSE:Factory/elpa
        Descr: Has been failing in openSUSE:Factory for > 200 days

Cheers,
Dominique

An up-to-date view of failing packages (build failed, unresolvables are
not listed in this view!:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/status/openSUSE:Factory

signature.asc (201 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Removing long-failing packages from openSUSE:Factory

Patrick Shanahan-2
* Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar <[hidden email]> [12-05-17 12:02]:

> Dear Community,
>
> I just filed a couple delete requests for packages that have been
> failing to build for > 200 days by now. Considering that nobody seems
> to care to submit fixes for those packages, I think it is safe to
> assume they have been abandoned.
>
> This message serves as a final call for help on those packages: if you
> think those packages should remain, then help to keep them alive by
> takaing over maintainership. Actions count more than words here (words
> counl zero for me). If anybody wants one of those packages to remain
> and commits to doing the work, please approach me so I can cancel the
> delete request for the time being. But I won't keep them failing for
> much longer.
>
> Of course, at any moment, the packages can be re-introduced if a new
> maintainer could be found.
>
> The packages going to be deleted shortly are:
>
> 554573  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:14
>      openSUSE:Factory/golang-google-golangorg-grpc
>         Descr: Dep chain has been failing > 1 year
>  
> 554575  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:15
>      openSUSE:Factory/golang-org-x-net
>         Descr: Dep chain has been failing to build for > 1 year
>  
> 554576  State:declined   By:staging-bot  When:2017-12-05T16:46:28

may be somewhat difficult to identify referenced packages by numbers,
especially since
https://build.opensuse.org/project/status/openSUSE:Factory appears to be
down.
 
> Cheers,
> Dominique
>
> An up-to-date view of failing packages (build failed, unresolvables are
> not listed in this view!:
> https://build.opensuse.org/project/status/openSUSE:Factory



--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA          @ptilopteri
http://en.opensuse.org    openSUSE Community Member    facebook/ptilopteri
Registered Linux User #207535                    @ http://linuxcounter.net
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                    paka @ IRCnet freenode
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Removing long-failing packages from openSUSE:Factory

Patrick Shanahan-2

please disregard


* Patrick Shanahan <[hidden email]> [12-05-17 12:20]:

> * Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar <[hidden email]> [12-05-17 12:02]:
> > Dear Community,
> >
> > I just filed a couple delete requests for packages that have been
> > failing to build for > 200 days by now. Considering that nobody seems
> > to care to submit fixes for those packages, I think it is safe to
> > assume they have been abandoned.
> >
> > This message serves as a final call for help on those packages: if you
> > think those packages should remain, then help to keep them alive by
> > takaing over maintainership. Actions count more than words here (words
> > counl zero for me). If anybody wants one of those packages to remain
> > and commits to doing the work, please approach me so I can cancel the
> > delete request for the time being. But I won't keep them failing for
> > much longer.
> >
> > Of course, at any moment, the packages can be re-introduced if a new
> > maintainer could be found.
> >
> > The packages going to be deleted shortly are:
> >
> > 554573  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:14
> >      openSUSE:Factory/golang-google-golangorg-grpc
> >         Descr: Dep chain has been failing > 1 year
> >  
> > 554575  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:15
> >      openSUSE:Factory/golang-org-x-net
> >         Descr: Dep chain has been failing to build for > 1 year
> >  
> > 554576  State:declined   By:staging-bot  When:2017-12-05T16:46:28
>
> may be somewhat difficult to identify referenced packages by numbers,
> especially since
> https://build.opensuse.org/project/status/openSUSE:Factory appears to be
> down.
>  
> > Cheers,
> > Dominique
> >
> > An up-to-date view of failing packages (build failed, unresolvables are
> > not listed in this view!:
> > https://build.opensuse.org/project/status/openSUSE:Factory
>
>
>
> --
> (paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA          @ptilopteri
> http://en.opensuse.org    openSUSE Community Member    facebook/ptilopteri
> Registered Linux User #207535                    @ http://linuxcounter.net
> Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                    paka @ IRCnet freenode

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA          @ptilopteri
http://en.opensuse.org    openSUSE Community Member    facebook/ptilopteri
Registered Linux User #207535                    @ http://linuxcounter.net
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                    paka @ IRCnet freenode
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Removing long-failing packages from openSUSE:Factory

Aleksa Sarai
In reply to this post by Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
> 554573  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:14
>       openSUSE:Factory/golang-google-golangorg-grpc
>          Descr: Dep chain has been failing > 1 year
>  
> 554575  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:15
>       openSUSE:Factory/golang-org-x-net
>          Descr: Dep chain has been failing to build for > 1 year
>  
> 554576  State:declined   By:staging-bot  When:2017-12-05T16:46:28
>       openSUSE:Factory/golang-google-golangorg-api
>          Descr: Dep chain has been failing to build for > 1 year
>
> 554577  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:18
>       openSUSE:Factory/golang-google-golangorg-appengine
>          Descr: Dep chain has been failing to build for > 1 year
>
> 554578  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:19
>       openSUSE:Factory/golang-google-golangorg-cloud
>          Descr: Dep chain has been failing to build for > 1 year
>
> 554579  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:20
>       openSUSE:Factory/golang-google-golangorg-grpc
>          Descr: Dep chain has been failing to build for > 1 year
>
> 554580  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:20
>       openSUSE:Factory/golang-org-x-oauth2
>          Descr: Dep chain has been failing to build for > 1 year
>
> 554581  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:43:20
>       openSUSE:Factory/golang-org-x-tools
>          Descr: Dep chain has been failing to build for > 1 year
[...]
> 554583  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:44:07
>       openSUSE:Factory/golang-org-x-text
>          Descr: Has been failing in openSUSE:Factory for > 250 days
>  
> 554584  State:review     By:dimstar_suse When:2017-12-05T16:44:29
>       openSUSE:Factory/golang-github-golang-protobuf
>          Descr: Has been failing in openSUSE:Factory for > 250 days

We are currently in the process of dropping all golang packages that are
not providing a binary. From a quick look this includes all of the
packages you've listed, so from my perspective I have no problem with
these being removed.

--
Aleksa Sarai
Software Engineer (Containers)
SUSE Linux GmbH
https://www.cyphar.com/
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Removing long-failing packages from openSUSE:Factory

Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
On Wed, 2017-12-06 at 15:42 +0100, Aleksa Sarai wrote:
>
> We are currently in the process of dropping all golang packages that
> are
> not providing a binary. From a quick look this includes all of the
> packages you've listed, so from my perspective I have no problem
> with
> these being removed.

Good to hear - those are of course only the ones that failed to build
(for a really long time); so if you have more that you think should not
be part of the repos, just file delete requests.

Cheers
Dominique

signature.asc (201 bytes) Download Attachment