Quantcast

Removed ntrack dependency from kdebase4-runtime

Removed ntrack dependency from kdebase4-runtime

İsmail Dönmez-2
Hi all,

Looks like ntrack caused us a lot of troubles and being an optional
dependency I removed it from build dependencies of kdebase4-runtime. If
it proves to be stable/useful again we can always add it back.

Regards.

--
İsmail Dönmez - openSUSE Booster
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH

Re: Removed ntrack dependency from kdebase4-runtime

phanisvara das
On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 17:20:52 +0530, Ismail Donmez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looks like ntrack caused us a lot of troubles and being an optional dependency I removed it from build dependencies of kdebase4-runtime. If it proves to be stable/useful again we can always add it back.

this may take some time to filter down to KDF, so i "broke" kdebase4-runtime by deleting libntrack-qt4-1, libntrack0, and ntrack-libnl1. doesn't seem to cause any harm, and kded4 doesn't hog my CPU anymore.

--
phani.

Re: Removed ntrack dependency from kdebase4-runtime

Bruno Friedmann-2
On 08/16/2011 11:56 PM, phanisvara das wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 17:20:52 +0530, Ismail Donmez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Looks like ntrack caused us a lot of troubles and being an optional dependency I removed it from build dependencies of
>> kdebase4-runtime. If it proves to be stable/useful again we can always add it back.
>

> this may take some time to filter down to KDF, so i "broke" kdebase4-runtime by deleting libntrack-qt4-1, libntrack0, and
> ntrack-libnl1. doesn't seem to cause any harm, and kded4 doesn't hog my CPU anymore.

Thanks for sharing ...
Have apply that, and I will see result after reboot.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member & Ambassador
GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
irc: tigerfoot

Re: Removed ntrack dependency from kdebase4-runtime

Roman Bysh
On 08/17/2011 02:29 AM, Bruno Friedmann wrote:

> On 08/16/2011 11:56 PM, phanisvara das wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 17:20:52 +0530, Ismail Donmez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Looks like ntrack caused us a lot of troubles and being an optional dependency I removed it from build dependencies of
>>> kdebase4-runtime. If it proves to be stable/useful again we can always add it back.
>>

>> this may take some time to filter down to KDF, so i "broke" kdebase4-runtime by deleting libntrack-qt4-1, libntrack0, and
>> ntrack-libnl1. doesn't seem to cause any harm, and kded4 doesn't hog my CPU anymore.
>>

> Thanks for sharing ...
> Have apply that, and I will see result after reboot.

Good catch.

Roman