Release tools development highlights: 2017: w43-44, w45-46, and w47-48

Release tools development highlights: 2017: w43-44, w45-46, and w47-48

Jimmy Berry-2
Going forward I will be publishing bi-weekly posts covering openSUSE release
tool development and related topics. To get started I played a bit of catch-up
and published highlights for the last 6 weeks. The goal is to provide insight
into the work that goes into the tools used to create the openSUSE release
process. I also plan to write in-depth posts on specific topics of interest
and likely some high level overviews of the process as a whole.

- 2017w43-44: repo-checker for Leap and full OBS for tooling tests [1]
- 2017w45-46: metrics.o.o deployed, TW snapshots, and repo-checker skips
  openQA [2]
- 2017w47-48: Tumbleweed snapshots in the press [3]

If you would rather be notified via RSS one can use the feed [4].

[1] http://release-tools.opensuse.org/2017/11/03/w43-44.html
[2] http://release-tools.opensuse.org/2017/11/17/w45-46.html
[3] http://release-tools.opensuse.org/2017/12/01/w47-48.html
[4] http://release-tools.opensuse.org/feed.xml

--
Jimmy

Re: Release tools development highlights: 2017: w43-44, w45-46, and w47-48

Theo Chatzimichos
On Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 05:58:12PM -0600, Jimmy Berry wrote:

> Going forward I will be publishing bi-weekly posts covering openSUSE release
> tool development and related topics. To get started I played a bit of catch-up
> and published highlights for the last 6 weeks. The goal is to provide insight
> into the work that goes into the tools used to create the openSUSE release
> process. I also plan to write in-depth posts on specific topics of interest
> and likely some high level overviews of the process as a whole.
>
> - 2017w43-44: repo-checker for Leap and full OBS for tooling tests [1]
> - 2017w45-46: metrics.o.o deployed, TW snapshots, and repo-checker skips
>   openQA [2]
> - 2017w47-48: Tumbleweed snapshots in the press [3]
>
> If you would rather be notified via RSS one can use the feed [4].
>
> [1] http://release-tools.opensuse.org/2017/11/03/w43-44.html
> [2] http://release-tools.opensuse.org/2017/11/17/w45-46.html
> [3] http://release-tools.opensuse.org/2017/12/01/w47-48.html
> [4] http://release-tools.opensuse.org/feed.xml
Hello,

please consider also adding it to the planet https://github.com/openSUSE/planet.opensuse.org

Theo

Re: Release tools development highlights: 2017: w43-44, w45-46, and w47-48

Henne Vogelsang-2
Hey,

On 06.12.2017 14:22, Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 05:58:12PM -0600, Jimmy Berry wrote:
>>
>> [4] http://release-tools.opensuse.org/feed.xml
>
> please consider also adding it to the planet https://github.com/openSUSE/planet.opensuse.org

I wonder why this isn't on our blog but on some separate host. Any
reason for this?

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang
http://www.opensuse.org

On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 8:50:09 AM CST Henne Vogelsang wrote:

> Hey,
>
> On 06.12.2017 14:22, Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 05:58:12PM -0600, Jimmy Berry wrote:
> >> [4] http://release-tools.opensuse.org/feed.xml
> >
> > please consider also adding it to the planet
> > https://github.com/openSUSE/planet.opensuse.org
> I wonder why this isn't on our blog but on some separate host. Any
> reason for this?
>
> Henne

It could certainly move to be part of lizards.o.o, but wanted to use Jekyll in
practice and figured the quantity and specificity might be better suited as a
separate entity. The majority of the content will likely not discuss things
visible to the end-user, but rather the tools used in the release process.

Also given the issues I've had with things outside of my control I am a bit
weary to add to that list.

https://github.com/openSUSE/planet.opensuse.org/pull/57

--
Jimmy