Refresh obs guides on http://doc.opensuse.org

Michal Hrusecky
Hi,

some time ago I sent a patch to the openSUSE Build Service Best Practice
Guide which was accepted, but latest trunk version is not available on
http://doc.opensuse.org yet. I wanted to ask whether it would be
possible to refresh the snapshot available on the web... Or what is the
official procedure to get it refreshed? While refreshing it, would it be
possible to refresh the other one (OBS Reference Guide) as well? I
noticed that there were some interesting stuff in trunk...

--
Michal HRUSECKY                                    SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
openSUSE Boosters Team                            Lihovarska 1060/12

Re: Refresh obs guides on http://doc.opensuse.org

Frank Sundermeyer
On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 16:12:52 +0200 Michal Hrusecky wrote:

Hi,

> some time ago I sent a patch to the openSUSE Build Service Best
> Practice Guide which was accepted, but latest trunk version is not
> available on http://doc.opensuse.org yet. I wanted to ask whether it
> would be possible to refresh the snapshot available on the web... Or
> what is the official procedure to get it refreshed? While refreshing
> it, would it be possible to refresh the other one (OBS Reference
> Guide) as well? I noticed that there were some interesting stuff in
> trunk...

The manuals on doc.o.o get updated automatically each day, provided
they validate (which they do) and all images linked to in the XML
exist. The latter is not the case, the following images are missing:

add_repositories
adding_opensuse_factory
apache_flood_branch
branch_package
download_rpm_directories
flood_branched
flood_build_log
flood_build_sucess
flood_succeeded_finished
home_project_webui_description
homeproject_bottomleft
homeproject_upperright
logged_in login_prompt
my_repository
newly_made_home_project
obswebui_my_projects start_page_login
obs_run_on_windows.png
status_monitor

--
Regards
        Frank

Frank Sundermeyer, Technical Writer, Documentation
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755;  http://www.opensuse.org/
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF:
Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)

Frank Sundermeyer - 16:45 10.10.11 wrote:

> The manuals on doc.o.o get updated automatically each day, provided
> they validate (which they do) and all images linked to in the XML
> exist. The latter is not the case, the following images are missing:
>
> add_repositories
> adding_opensuse_factory
> apache_flood_branch
> branch_package
> download_rpm_directories
> flood_branched
> flood_build_log
> flood_build_sucess
> flood_succeeded_finished
> home_project_webui_description
> homeproject_bottomleft
> homeproject_upperright
> logged_in login_prompt
> my_repository
> newly_made_home_project
> obswebui_my_projects start_page_login
> obs_run_on_windows.png
> status_monitor
I saw, that you dealt with that and committed results into SVN but
somehow it didn't helped and now obs-best-practices_draft isn't
available on http:/doc.opensuse.org Any idea what else can be wrong? Can
I help somehow?

--
Michal HRUSECKY                                    SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
openSUSE Boosters Team                            Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xFED656F6                                         19000 Praha 9
mhrusecky[at]suse.cz                                  Czech Republic
http://michal.hrusecky.net                        http://www.suse.cz

Re: Refresh obs guides on http://doc.opensuse.org

Frank Sundermeyer
On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 10:45:45 +0200 Michal Hrusecky wrote:

Hi,

> Frank Sundermeyer - 16:45 10.10.11 wrote:
> >
> > The manuals on doc.o.o get updated automatically each day, provided
> > they validate (which they do) and all images linked to in the XML
> > exist. The latter is not the case, the following images are missing:
> >
> > add_repositories
> > adding_opensuse_factory
> > apache_flood_branch
> > branch_package
> > download_rpm_directories
> > flood_branched
> > flood_build_log
> > flood_build_sucess
> > flood_succeeded_finished
> > home_project_webui_description
> > homeproject_bottomleft
> > homeproject_upperright
> > logged_in login_prompt
> > my_repository
> > newly_made_home_project
> > obswebui_my_projects start_page_login
> > obs_run_on_windows.png
> > status_monitor
>
> I saw, that you dealt with that and committed results into SVN
not quite. At first glance I thought only one image was missing, so
I commented it in the XML source. It turned out that a lot more images
were missing (see above). Since these filenames do not look like
placeholders to me, I refrained commenting them all and decided to Cc
Adrian instead.
To me it looks like these images just haven't been submitted to SVN,
yet.

> Can I help somehow?

Just submit the images to SVN (png to images/src/png, dia to
images/src/dia, svg to images/src/svg, ...) if you know where to find
them (I do not know...).

--
Regards
        Frank

Frank Sundermeyer, Technical Writer, Documentation
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755;  http://www.opensuse.org/
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF:
Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)

Re: Refresh obs guides on http://doc.opensuse.org

Frank Sundermeyer
On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 11:02:52 +0200 Frank Sundermeyer wrote:

Hi,

> > > The manuals on doc.o.o get updated automatically each day,
> > > provided they validate (which they do) and all images linked to
> > > in the XML exist. The latter is not the case, the following
> > > images are missing:

[...]

OK, the issue has been solved and the latest version of the OBS
Best Practice Guide is online now.