Received this today...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Received this today...

Ilya Chernykh
this may sound funny, but I specifically came to speculate with you about what opportunities are given to work with the openSUSE network. Today downloaded the live-CD 12.1 RC1, to admire the wallpaper changes to the system and directly, GNOME3, which until today I could only judge by the screenshots. and so, with this distribution network is not working, my modem E153 can not connect. I think they forget in a hurry usb_modeswitch. So much for the friendliness and iskorobochnost, and work with two modems on sverhskorostyah. I understand that it is not yet released, but ... * buntu in such ridiculous problems are not even in alpha-versions. Today once again convinced that the move to openSUSE c Kubuntu does not make sense.
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Received this today...

Malcolm-31
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 22:25:43 +0400
Ilya Chernykh <[hidden email]> wrote:

http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.37.6-0.7-desktop
up 2 days 4:25, 5 users, load average: 0.35, 0.31, 0.26
GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 285.05.09


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Received this today...

C-29
In reply to this post by Ilya Chernykh
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 20:25, Ilya Chernykh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> this may sound funny, but I specifically came to speculate with you about what opportunities are given to work with the openSUSE network. Today downloaded the live-CD 12.1 RC1, to admire the wallpaper changes to the system and directly, GNOME3, which until today I could only judge by the screenshots. and so, with this distribution network is not working, my modem E153 can not connect. I think they forget in a hurry usb_modeswitch. So much for the friendliness and iskorobochnost, and work with two modems on sverhskorostyah. I understand that it is not yet released, but ... * buntu in such ridiculous problems are not even in alpha-versions. Today once again convinced that the move to openSUSE c Kubuntu does not make sense.


Don't know what he's on about... usb_modeswitch is available for 12.1
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=usb_modeswitch&project=openSUSE%3A12.1

C.
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Received this today...

Ilya Chernykh
On Wednesday 26 October 2011 22:51:41 C wrote:

> > this may sound funny, but I specifically came to speculate with you about what opportunities are given to work with the openSUSE network. Today downloaded the live-CD 12.1 RC1, to admire the wallpaper changes to the system and directly, GNOME3, which until today I could only judge by the screenshots. and so, with this distribution network is not working, my modem E153 can not connect. I think they forget in a hurry usb_modeswitch. So much for the friendliness and iskorobochnost, and work with two modems on sverhskorostyah. I understand that it is not yet released, but ... * buntu in such ridiculous problems are not even in alpha-versions. Today once again convinced that the move to openSUSE c Kubuntu does not make sense.
>
>
> Don't know what he's on about... usb_modeswitch is available for 12.1
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=usb_modeswitch&project=openSUSE%3A12.1

He says he needs it on the LiveCD media because it is necessary for Internet access.

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Received this today...

Atri Bhattacharya
On Thu, 2011-10-27 at 03:09 +0400, Ilya Chernykh wrote:

> On Wednesday 26 October 2011 22:51:41 C wrote:
>
> > > this may sound funny, but I specifically came to speculate with you about what opportunities are given to work with the openSUSE network. Today downloaded the live-CD 12.1 RC1, to admire the wallpaper changes to the system and directly, GNOME3, which until today I could only judge by the screenshots. and so, with this distribution network is not working, my modem E153 can not connect. I think they forget in a hurry usb_modeswitch. So much for the friendliness and iskorobochnost, and work with two modems on sverhskorostyah. I understand that it is not yet released, but ... * buntu in such ridiculous problems are not even in alpha-versions. Today once again convinced that the move to openSUSE c Kubuntu does not make sense.
> >
> >
> > Don't know what he's on about... usb_modeswitch is available for 12.1
> > https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=usb_modeswitch&project=openSUSE%3A12.1
>
> He says he needs it on the LiveCD media because it is necessary for Internet access.
>

Right, and I guess the first 'i' in each of the lines below stand for
Ilya (and yes this is on the 12.1 RC1 GNOMELive CD)? Please stop wasting
everyone's time.

zypper se -i usb_modeswitch
Reading installed packages...

S | Name                | Summary                                      | Type  
--+---------------------+----------------------------------------------+--------
i | usb_modeswitch      | A mode switching tool for controlling mult-> | package
i | usb_modeswitch-data | Data Files for USB Modeswitch                | package

--
Atri

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]