Quantcast

Re: [security-announce] openSUSE-SU-2016:2386-1: important: Security update for MozillaFirefox, mozilla-nss

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [security-announce] openSUSE-SU-2016:2386-1: important: Security update for MozillaFirefox, mozilla-nss

Carlos E. R.-2
On 2016-09-26 18:10, [hidden email] wrote:

>    openSUSE Security Update: Security update for MozillaFirefox, mozilla-nss
> ______________________________________________________________________________
>
> Announcement ID:    openSUSE-SU-2016:2386-1
> Rating:             important
> References:         #999701
> Cross-References:   CVE-2016-2827 CVE-2016-5256 CVE-2016-5257
>                     CVE-2016-5270 CVE-2016-5271 CVE-2016-5272
>                     CVE-2016-5273 CVE-2016-5274 CVE-2016-5275
>                     CVE-2016-5276 CVE-2016-5277 CVE-2016-5278
>                     CVE-2016-5279 CVE-2016-5280 CVE-2016-5281
>                     CVE-2016-5282 CVE-2016-5283 CVE-2016-5284
>                    
> Affected Products:
>                     openSUSE 13.1
> ______________________________________________________________________________
>
>    An update that fixes 18 vulnerabilities is now available.


I get an error Box:

+++.................
An error occurred while loading or saving
configuration information for [Firefox|thunderbird-bin]. Some
of your configuration settings may not work properly.

Details:

Configuration server couldn't be contacted: D-BUS error: The GConf daemon is currently shutting down.
Configuration server couldn't be contacted: D-BUS error: The GConf daemon is currently shutting down.
Configuration server couldn't be contacted: D-BUS error: The GConf daemon is currently shutting down.
Configuration server couldn't be contacted: D-BUS error: The GConf daemon is currently shutting down.
.................++-


The daemon is and was running.

FF also says:

+++.......................
Firefox is not currently set as your default browser. Would you like to
make it your default browser?

[V] Always perform this check when starting Firefox
.......................++-

Saying Yes does not work, it asks again the next time.


--
Cheers / Saludos,

                Carlos E. R.
                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)


signature.asc (205 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [security-announce] openSUSE-SU-2016:2386-1: important: Security update for MozillaFirefox, mozilla-nss

Andreas Stieger-2
Hello,

On 09/27/2016 03:25 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> On 2016-09-26 18:10, [hidden email] wrote:
>> Announcement ID:    openSUSE-SU-2016:2386-1
>> Rating:             important
>> References:         #999701
>> [...]
>> Affected Products:
>>                     openSUSE 13.1
>> [...]
> I get an error Box:
>
> +++.................
> An error occurred while loading or saving
> configuration information for [Firefox|thunderbird-bin]. Some
> of your configuration settings may not work properly.
>
> Details:
>
> Configuration server couldn't be contacted: D-BUS error: The GConf daemon is currently shutting down.
> Configuration server couldn't be contacted: D-BUS error: The GConf daemon is currently shutting down.
> Configuration server couldn't be contacted: D-BUS error: The GConf daemon is currently shutting down.
> Configuration server couldn't be contacted: D-BUS error: The GConf daemon is currently shutting down.
> .................++-
>
>
> The daemon is and was running.
>
> FF also says:
>
> +++.......................
> Firefox is not currently set as your default browser. Would you like to
> make it your default browser?
>
> [V] Always perform this check when starting Firefox
> .......................++-
>
> Saying Yes does not work, it asks again the next time.
>
>

Wolfgang?

Andreas

--
Andreas Stieger <[hidden email]>
Project Manager Security
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imend├Ârffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
HRB 21284 (AG N├╝rnberg)


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [security-announce] openSUSE-SU-2016:2386-1: important: Security update for MozillaFirefox, mozilla-nss

Wolfgang Rosenauer-4
Hi,

Am 27.09.2016 um 16:41 schrieb Andreas Stieger:

> Hello,
>
> On 09/27/2016 03:25 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>> On 2016-09-26 18:10, [hidden email] wrote:
>>> Announcement ID:    openSUSE-SU-2016:2386-1
>>> Rating:             important
>>> References:         #999701
>>> [...]
>>> Affected Products:
>>>                     openSUSE 13.1
>>> [...]
>> I get an error Box:
>>
>> +++.................
>> An error occurred while loading or saving
>> configuration information for [Firefox|thunderbird-bin]. Some
>> of your configuration settings may not work properly.
>>
>> Details:
>>
>> Configuration server couldn't be contacted: D-BUS error: The GConf daemon is currently shutting down.
>> Configuration server couldn't be contacted: D-BUS error: The GConf daemon is currently shutting down.
>> Configuration server couldn't be contacted: D-BUS error: The GConf daemon is currently shutting down.
>> Configuration server couldn't be contacted: D-BUS error: The GConf daemon is currently shutting down.
>> .................++-
>>
>>
>> The daemon is and was running.
>>
>> FF also says:
>>
>> +++.......................
>> Firefox is not currently set as your default browser. Would you like to
>> make it your default browser?
>>
>> [V] Always perform this check when starting Firefox
>> .......................++-
>>
>> Saying Yes does not work, it asks again the next time.
>>
>>
>
> Wolfgang?

See it the first time. My 13.1 test VM also didn't complain. The
messages seem to come from GConf or D-BUS, actually Firefox is just
using the GConf API and if it reacts like this I have no real idea what
to look at at the Mozilla code side. I'm also not directly aware of any
upstream changes which could cause this.
In short: I have no idea what this is about and it would probably be
nice to have input from Gnome guys.


Wolfgang

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [security-announce] openSUSE-SU-2016:2386-1: important: Security update for MozillaFirefox, mozilla-nss

Carlos E. R.-2
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

On 2016-09-27 17:42, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:


> See it the first time. My 13.1 test VM also didn't complain. The
> messages seem to come from GConf or D-BUS, actually Firefox is
> just using the GConf API and if it reacts like this I have no real
> idea what to look at at the Mozilla code side. I'm also not
> directly aware of any upstream changes which could cause this. In
> short: I have no idea what this is about and it would probably be
> nice to have input from Gnome guys.

My desktop computer has the problem, but the laptop doesn't. Both with
XFCE desktop. I will try to compare the rpm list of both, looking at
the last updates.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

                Carlos E. R.

  (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (GNU/Linux)

iF4EAREIAAYFAlfqzrkACgkQja8UbcUWM1wBjQEAlb0mUzTuHql6S9dtaLBJGaNh
2BJ6UspjZtR6xmczegIA/1+iWMUXN0mDPwgFA5F3BinEzsoY0gN/oD3u65iLUo/b
=iAdi
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [security-announce] openSUSE-SU-2016:2386-1: important: Security update for MozillaFirefox, mozilla-nss

Carlos E. R.-2
On 2016-09-27 21:55, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> On 2016-09-27 17:42, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
>
>
>> See it the first time. My 13.1 test VM also didn't complain. The
>> messages seem to come from GConf or D-BUS, actually Firefox is
>> just using the GConf API and if it reacts like this I have no real
>> idea what to look at at the Mozilla code side. I'm also not
>> directly aware of any upstream changes which could cause this. In
>> short: I have no idea what this is about and it would probably be
>> nice to have input from Gnome guys.
>
> My desktop computer has the problem, but the laptop doesn't. Both with
> XFCE desktop. I will try to compare the rpm list of both, looking at
> the last updates.
I just found that on the desktop machine one user has the problem and
another doesn't.

The user with the problem has it both on Firefox and Thunderbird,
starting simultaneously as far as I remember.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

                Carlos E. R.
                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)


signature.asc (205 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [security-announce] openSUSE-SU-2016:2386-1: important: Security update for MozillaFirefox, mozilla-nss

Carlos E. R.-2
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1



On Tuesday, 2016-09-27 at 23:23 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> On 2016-09-27 21:55, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>> On 2016-09-27 17:42, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
>>
>>
>>> See it the first time. My 13.1 test VM also didn't complain. The
>>> messages seem to come from GConf or D-BUS, actually Firefox is
>>> just using the GConf API and if it reacts like this I have no real
>>> idea what to look at at the Mozilla code side. I'm also not
>>> directly aware of any upstream changes which could cause this. In
>>> short: I have no idea what this is about and it would probably be
>>> nice to have input from Gnome guys.
>>
>> My desktop computer has the problem, but the laptop doesn't. Both with
>> XFCE desktop. I will try to compare the rpm list of both, looking at
>> the last updates.
>
> I just found that on the desktop machine one user has the problem and
> another doesn't.
>
> The user with the problem has it both on Firefox and Thunderbird,
> starting simultaneously as far as I remember.


The problem disappeared. I have not noticed when/why, as I seldom boot.


- --
Cheers,
        Carlos E. R.
        (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAlgHOjYACgkQtTMYHG2NR9VItwCgkM6IX3TBe4IdmtakAZLpbYA4
nH8AoJNHkQ579sGuthah46nNBYehhcZk
=hmXi
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Loading...