Re: [opensuse-project] ActiveDoc?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [opensuse-project] ActiveDoc?

Christian Boltz-5
Hello,

(CC'ing opensuse-doc)

Am Freitag, 29. Mai 2015 schrieb Greg Freemyer:
> I happened to be looking thru activedoc today:
>
> https://activedoc.opensuse.org
>
> If you login (with your opensuse creds) and look at recent edits, its
> a pretty active site but 50% or more of the recent changes are new
> pages unrelated to opensuse.

Actually most of the pages listed in the first three pages of "Recently
changed" look like spam :-(

At least all spammers chose to set the language to Chinese, so it's
probably easy to filter them out. (There are also real, valid [1] edits
for Chinese done by marguerite and possibly others - but those typically
also come with a chinese title.)

> I thought of deleting some of them but I didn't find a delete option.
> Is there one?

If not, it would be a good idea to have one (at least "mark for
deletion", with an admin team checking them quickly)

> Ignoring that, my real issue is that the latest content seems to be
> for openSUSE 12.3.  Is there an equivalent document set for 13.1 and
> 13.2?

I know the chapter about AppArmor was updated for SLE12 (I did the
proofreading ;-) and I have a promise that it will be synced to
ActiveDoc soon.

I'd also guess other chapters were updated for SLE12, and I hope those
will also be synced to ActiveDoc.


Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] well, since I don't understand chinese, I can only assume this ;-)
--
>... Bücher sind ein grässliches Medium ...
Ich schätze daran die leichte Portierbarkeit vom Sofa ins Bett.
[Bjoern Hoehrmann und Peter Bieling in dciwam]

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [opensuse-project] ActiveDoc?

Tomáš Bažant
Christian Boltz píše v So 30. 05. 2015 v 13:25 +0200:

> Hello,
>
> (CC'ing opensuse-doc)
>
> Am Freitag, 29. Mai 2015 schrieb Greg Freemyer:
> > I happened to be looking thru activedoc today:
> >
> > https://activedoc.opensuse.org
> >
> > If you login (with your opensuse creds) and look at recent edits, its
> > a pretty active site but 50% or more of the recent changes are new
> > pages unrelated to opensuse.
>
> Actually most of the pages listed in the first three pages of "Recently
> changed" look like spam :-(

thanks for the notice, i've just cleaned the spam


>
> At least all spammers chose to set the language to Chinese, so it's
> probably easy to filter them out. (There are also real, valid [1] edits
> for Chinese done by marguerite and possibly others - but those typically
> also come with a chinese title.)
>
> > I thought of deleting some of them but I didn't find a delete option.
> > Is there one?
>
> If not, it would be a good idea to have one (at least "mark for
> deletion", with an admin team checking them quickly)

no problem, but i need someone responsible, duscuss it with my boos, and
then i'll delegate the privileges to them

>
> > Ignoring that, my real issue is that the latest content seems to be
> > for openSUSE 12.3.  Is there an equivalent document set for 13.1 and
> > 13.2?
>
> I know the chapter about AppArmor was updated for SLE12 (I did the
> proofreading ;-) and I have a promise that it will be synced to
> ActiveDoc soon.
>
> I'd also guess other chapters were updated for SLE12, and I hope those
> will also be synced to ActiveDoc.
>
>

Updating chapters on ActiveDoc is not trivial - the broad community can
now contribute to _any_ article on ActiveDoc. The update has to be
manual, or we cannot keep contributed changes...if you have better idea,
suggest it please :-)

regards

Tomáš Bažant


> Regards,
>
> Christian Boltz
>
> [1] well, since I don't understand chinese, I can only assume this ;-)
> --
> >... Bücher sind ein grässliches Medium ...
> Ich schätze daran die leichte Portierbarkeit vom Sofa ins Bett.
> [Bjoern Hoehrmann und Peter Bieling in dciwam]
>

--
Tomáš Bažant <[hidden email]>
SUSE Linux CZ

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [opensuse-project] ActiveDoc?

Christian Boltz-2
Hello,

Am Montag, 1. Juni 2015 schrieb Tomáš Bažant:
> Christian Boltz píše v So 30. 05. 2015 v 13:25 +0200:
...
> > I know the chapter about AppArmor was updated for SLE12 (I did the
> > proofreading ;-) and I have a promise that it will be synced to
> > ActiveDoc soon.
> >
> > I'd also guess other chapters were updated for SLE12, and I hope
> > those will also be synced to ActiveDoc.
>
> Updating chapters on ActiveDoc is not trivial - the broad community
> can now contribute to _any_ article on ActiveDoc.

I know ;-)

> The update has to
> be manual, or we cannot keep contributed changes...if you have better
> idea, suggest it please :-)

Wait - are you telling me that there is no way to sync changes between
ActiveDoc and the SLE documentation [1] in an automated way?

If so, then it's broken ;-)

The obvious solution would be to get such a sync in place - for example,
you could let ActiveDoc auto-commit all changes to a SVN branch. It
should also read the latest version from that branch, so that merged-in
SLE documentation is also available for openSUSE.

Syncing / merging the branches is left as an exercise to the
reader^W^Wyou ;-)

(If you want to discuss technical details, feel free to contact me on
IRC - that's probably easier than sending 20 mails around ;-)


Gruß

Christian Boltz

[1] that means Docbook(like) XML in  
    https://svn.opensuse.org/svn/opensuse-doc/trunk/documents/sle/en
--
<intrigeri> there's enough of "curl | sudo bash ..." around..
* mhayden hides under his desk
[from #apparmor]

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [opensuse-project] ActiveDoc?

Guillaume Gardet
Le 01/06/2015 13:58, Christian Boltz a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> Am Montag, 1. Juni 2015 schrieb Tomáš Bažant:
>> Christian Boltz píše v So 30. 05. 2015 v 13:25 +0200:
> ...
>>> I know the chapter about AppArmor was updated for SLE12 (I did the
>>> proofreading ;-) and I have a promise that it will be synced to
>>> ActiveDoc soon.
>>>
>>> I'd also guess other chapters were updated for SLE12, and I hope
>>> those will also be synced to ActiveDoc.
>> Updating chapters on ActiveDoc is not trivial - the broad community
>> can now contribute to _any_ article on ActiveDoc.
> I know ;-)
>
>> The update has to
>> be manual, or we cannot keep contributed changes...if you have better
>> idea, suggest it please :-)
> Wait - are you telling me that there is no way to sync changes between
> ActiveDoc and the SLE documentation [1] in an automated way?
>
> If so, then it's broken ;-)
>
> The obvious solution would be to get such a sync in place - for example,
> you could let ActiveDoc auto-commit all changes to a SVN branch. It
> should also read the latest version from that branch, so that merged-in
> SLE documentation is also available for openSUSE.
>
> Syncing / merging the branches is left as an exercise to the
> reader^W^Wyou ;-)

The old way (https://svn.opensuse.org/viewvc/opensuse-doc/) was far better for translation since it used PO files which handle very well update/merge.

The active doc way is unmaintainable for translators... :(


Guillaume

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Loading...