Re: [opensuse-factory] Transitioning to GCC 6

Re: [opensuse-factory] Transitioning to GCC 6

Normand

On 15/04/2016 13:25, Richard Biener wrote:

> You may have noticed that GCC 6 packages appeared in Factory (but gcc
> used for building packages still points to GCC 5).  Somewhen in
> January I set up openSUSE:Factory:Staging:Gcc6 where GCC 6 is used
> to build packages.  The status of that is that it depends on the
> glibc update pending in Staging:B and it still requires fixing a few
> packages, mostly -Werror related.  There was a point in time where
> openQA was green for x86_64 (and Minimal-X).
>
> Once Staging:B has been accepted I'll formally submit an update
> to gcc to make it point to GCC 6 thus obsoleting the above Staging:Gcc6.
> That staging can nevertheless be used to look at the current FAILs
> which are
>
> build failed
> cluster-glue failed
> elfutils failed
> espeak failed
> gdb failed
> jack failed
> libyui failed
> llvm failed
> mozilla-nss failed
> pesign failed
> python3-base failed
> xen failed
>
> and can also be caused by the glibc update which I pulled into
> Staging:Gcc6.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Richard.

Dinar,

I do not know anything about required bootstrap for Staging setup
but I am impressed by the number of unresolvable for ppc64le archi (1)
(439 entries at time of this email)

Are there missing copy somewhere ?

(1) https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/openSUSE:Factory:Staging:Gcc6?arch_ppc64le=1&defaults=0&repo_standard=1&unresolvable=1

--
Michel Normand

Re: [opensuse-factory] Transitioning to GCC 6

Dinar Valeev
On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Normand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 15/04/2016 13:25, Richard Biener wrote:
>>

>> You may have noticed that GCC 6 packages appeared in Factory (but gcc
>> used for building packages still points to GCC 5).  Somewhen in
>> January I set up openSUSE:Factory:Staging:Gcc6 where GCC 6 is used
>> to build packages.  The status of that is that it depends on the
>> glibc update pending in Staging:B and it still requires fixing a few
>> packages, mostly -Werror related.  There was a point in time where
>> openQA was green for x86_64 (and Minimal-X).
>>
>> Once Staging:B has been accepted I'll formally submit an update
>> to gcc to make it point to GCC 6 thus obsoleting the above Staging:Gcc6.
>> That staging can nevertheless be used to look at the current FAILs
>> which are
>>
>> build   failed
>> cluster-glue    failed
>> elfutils        failed
>> espeak  failed
>> gdb     failed
>> jack    failed
>> libyui  failed
>> llvm    failed
>> mozilla-nss     failed
>> pesign  failed
>> python3-base    failed
>> xen     failed
>>
>> and can also be caused by the glibc update which I pulled into
>> Staging:Gcc6.
>>
>> Any help is appreciated.
>>
>> Richard.
>>

> Dinar,
>
> I do not know anything about required bootstrap for Staging setup
> but I am impressed by the number of unresolvable for ppc64le archi (1)
> (439 entries at time of this email)
>
> Are there missing copy somewhere ?
osc ls -b openSUSE:Factory:Staging:Gcc6/_repository/bootstrap_copy/ppc64le
shows binaries. But those are not picked for build in standard

> (1)
> https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/openSUSE:Factory:Staging:Gcc6?arch_ppc64le=1&defaults=0&repo_standard=1&unresolvable=1

> --
> Michel Normand

Re: [opensuse-factory] Transitioning to GCC 6

Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
On Fri, 2016-04-15 at 15:39 +0200, Normand wrote:

> On 15/04/2016 13:25, Richard Biener wrote:
> >

> > You may have noticed that GCC 6 packages appeared in Factory (but
> > gcc
> > used for building packages still points to GCC 5).  Somewhen in
> > January I set up openSUSE:Factory:Staging:Gcc6 where GCC 6 is used
> > to build packages.  The status of that is that it depends on the
> > glibc update pending in Staging:B and it still requires fixing a
> > few
> > packages, mostly -Werror related.  There was a point in time where
> > openQA was green for x86_64 (and Minimal-X).
> >
> > Once Staging:B has been accepted I'll formally submit an update
> > to gcc to make it point to GCC 6 thus obsoleting the above
> > Staging:Gcc6.
> > That staging can nevertheless be used to look at the current FAILs
> > which are
> >
> > build  failed
> > cluster-glue  failed
> > elfutils  failed
> > espeak  failed
> > gdb  failed
> > jack  failed
> > libyui  failed
> > llvm  failed
> > mozilla-nss  failed
> > pesign  failed
> > python3-base  failed
> > xen  failed
> >
> > and can also be caused by the glibc update which I pulled into
> > Staging:Gcc6.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated.
> >
> > Richard.
> >
> Dinar,
>
> I do not know anything about required bootstrap for Staging setup
> but I am impressed by the number of unresolvable for ppc64le archi
> (1)
> (439 entries at time of this email)
>
> Are there missing copy somewhere ?
>
> (1) https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/openSUSE:Factory:Stagi
> ng:Gcc6?arch_ppc64le=1&defaults=0&repo_standard=1&unresolvable=1

From what I see the 'root of evil' is with systemd-mini, which is
solvedin TW since today... Not sure if this flowed down into the Gcc6
staging yet.

Cheers,
Dominique

Re: [opensuse-factory] Transitioning to GCC 6

Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
On Fri, 2016-04-15 at 15:57 +0200, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
wrote:

> nar,
> >
> > I do not know anything about required bootstrap for Staging setup
> > but I am impressed by the number of unresolvable for ppc64le archi
> > (1)
> > (439 entries at time of this email)
> >
> > Are there missing copy somewhere ?
> >
> > (1) https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/openSUSE:Factory:Sta
> > gi
> > ng:Gcc6?arch_ppc64le=1&defaults=0&repo_standard=1&unresolvable=1
> From what I see the 'root of evil' is with systemd-mini, which is
> solvedin TW since today... Not sure if this flowed down into the Gcc6
> staging yet.

I helped the bootstrapping a little bit - and we are down to 145
unresolvables on ppc64le

The package leading to most failures currently is mozilla-nss, as it
reults poppler not being able to build - and poppler is quite
important.

The 2nd path I see is 'jack' which stops pulseaudio from building.

Cheers,
Dominique

On 18/04/2016 14:15, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:

> On Fri, 2016-04-15 at 15:57 +0200, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
> wrote:
>> nar,
>>>
>>> I do not know anything about required bootstrap for Staging setup
>>> but I am impressed by the number of unresolvable for ppc64le archi
>>> (1)
>>> (439 entries at time of this email)
>>>
>>> Are there missing copy somewhere ?
>>>
>>> (1) https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/openSUSE:Factory:Sta
>>> gi
>>> ng:Gcc6?arch_ppc64le=1&defaults=0&repo_standard=1&unresolvable=1
>>  From what I see the 'root of evil' is with systemd-mini, which is
>> solvedin TW since today... Not sure if this flowed down into the Gcc6
>> staging yet.
>
> I helped the bootstrapping a little bit - and we are down to 145
> unresolvables on ppc64le
>
> The package leading to most failures currently is mozilla-nss, as it
> reults poppler not being able to build - and poppler is quite
> important.

mozilla-nss solved by

> The 2nd path I see is 'jack' which stops pulseaudio from building.

jack was already solved by

--
Michel Normand