Re: cd-drive

Doug McGarrett
At 02:33 PM 8/3/2006 -0600, Darryl Gregorash wrote:

>On 02/08/06 16:06, [hidden email] wrote:

>Say what? I just got an AOpen DL burner (+ format only, alas) last year
>for less than $70 Canadian, which a friend picked up for me in Seattle.
>That price included all taxes, etc bringing it across the border. Now I
>can get a DL burner (both formats) from several manufacturers, out of
>Vancouver BC, for much less than that. All the AOpen, LG, LiteOn,
>Samsung and Sony drives are under $50Cdn, except for the external
>drives. Local prices are always higher here, since it is a very small
>city, but still under $70 for all of these.

/snip/

I have removed the word SPAM from the subject (it ocurred 3 times),
I hope that doesn't cause any agita anywhere. I raised the original
question.

So, another question:  Several folks advised that the LiteOn drive is
a good and compatible one--actually they seem to make several--but
the LDW-401S got rave reviews from one of the testing outfits, and
the best price I found it for is US$79 plus shipping.  Are you
telling me it's less than that in CAN$?  (One outfit on the 'net wants
$235 for it!!!!!  Or was it $325?  Whatever it was, it was ridiculous!
Anyway, if it's really less in CAN$, maybe I should buy it there, and
pay the duty.

--doug

>--
>For additional commands send e-mail to [hidden email]
>Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
>Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]
>

>--
Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

SPAM: Re: cd-drive

Darryl Gregorash
On 04/08/06 15:44, Doug McGarrett wrote:

>At 02:33 PM 8/3/2006 -0600, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
>
>>On 02/08/06 16:06, [hidden email] wrote:
>>

>>Say what? I just got an AOpen DL burner (+ format only, alas) last year
>>for less than $70 Canadian, which a friend picked up for me in Seattle.
>>That price included all taxes, etc bringing it across the border. Now I
>>can get a DL burner (both formats) from several manufacturers, out of
>>Vancouver BC, for much less than that. All the AOpen, LG, LiteOn,
>>Samsung and Sony drives are under $50Cdn, except for the external
>>drives. Local prices are always higher here, since it is a very small
>>city, but still under $70 for all of these.
>>

>/snip/
>
>I have removed the word SPAM from the subject (it ocurred 3 times),
>I hope that doesn't cause any agita anywhere. I raised the original
>question.
>
>So, another question:  Several folks advised that the LiteOn drive is
>a good and compatible one--actually they seem to make several--but
>the LDW-401S got rave reviews from one of the testing outfits, and
>the best price I found it for is US$79 plus shipping.  Are you
>telling me it's less than that in CAN$?  (One outfit on the 'net wants
>$235 for it!!!!!  Or was it $325?  Whatever it was, it was ridiculous!
>Anyway, if it's really less in CAN$, maybe I should buy it there, and
>pay the duty.
Actually, I don't recall quoting any prices for specific models.. and as
it turns out, I don't see the LDW-401S listed on the Vancouver site.

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]