Re: SV: l = ls -l

Bugzilla from leen.meyer@home.nl
On Thursday 03 August 2006 06:45, John Andersen wrote:

> On Wednesday 02 August 2006 12:30, Felix Miata wrote:
> > On 06/08/01 22:11 (GMT-0800) John Andersen apparently typed:
> > > I wonder who made it...  Microsoft?
> >
> > It's right there in his message headers: Microsoft Office Outlook, Build
> > 11.0.5510 --
>
> Yes, I know.  That's why I mentioned it.
>
> I did as much as I could to encourage him to set it right.
>
> He was trying to help me with my question, so I didn't want
> to beat him about the head and shoulders for his choice of MUAs.

Recently I discovered that Outlook can prefix quoted text with e.g. "> " (
greater_than + space) 8-O. It was one of those few things I could change, so
I did that at once! ;P

So it seems it's just MS's quirky default setting, and maybe the OP not
knowing that he could change it (if he would like to ...).

OTOH, perhaps he's running Outlook Express, and perhaps OE lacks this
feature...

Cheers,

Leen

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: SV: l = ls -l

Jan Engelhardt

>So it seems it's just MS's quirky default setting, and maybe the OP not
>knowing that he could change it (if he would like to ...).
>
>OTOH, perhaps he's running Outlook Express, and perhaps OE lacks this
>feature...

MSOE is always quirky. In German for example, subjects to replies are
prefixed with "AW:" rather than "Re:", supposedly to stand for "Antwort"
(reply). Too bad that "Re" is not an abbreviation of "reply" but Latin
"res".

Jan Engelhardt

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: MSOE

John Andersen
On Sunday 06 August 2006 01:54, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> MSOE is always quirky. In German for example, subjects to replies are
> prefixed with "AW:" rather than "Re:", supposedly to stand for "Antwort"
> (reply). Too bad that "Re" is not an abbreviation of "reply" but Latin
> "res".

Language specificity hardly constitutes a quirk in my book.

There are lots of reasons to dis MSOE, but this is not one of them.

--
John Andersen