Re: SV: SV: l = ls -l

jhb

Re: SV: SV: l = ls -l

jhb
Check bash.bashrc  for alias l="l -alf"
you well need to add an alias to your .bash file

> Look: Its not that I don't know how to do it via shell scripts.
> I want to know how SUSE did it.  There is no file named "l" on suse.
> If there were, "which l" would tell me where it was.

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

jhb

Re: SV: SV: l = ls -l

jhb
Check /etc/bash.bashrc and your well find a list of alias add the one you want
to kbunta

> Look: Its not that I don't know how to do it via shell scripts.
> I want to know how SUSE did it.  There is no file named "l" on suse.
> If there were, "which l" would tell me where it was.

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: SV: SV: l = ls -l (SOLVED DAYS AGO)

John Andersen
On Friday 04 August 2006 20:08, jhb wrote:
> Check /etc/bash.bashrc and your well find a list of alias add the one you
> want to kbunta

Thanks for your help, but....

Does NOBODY read a thread before jumping in with a reply
to the first post?

--
_____________________________________
John Andersen

Re: SV: SV: l = ls -l (SOLVED DAYS AGO)

Bugzilla from leen.meyer@home.nl
On Saturday 05 August 2006 08:44, John Andersen wrote:
> On Friday 04 August 2006 20:08, jhb wrote:
> > Check /etc/bash.bashrc and your well find a list of alias add the one you
> > want to kbunta
>
> Thanks for your help, but....
>
> Does NOBODY read a thread before jumping in with a reply
> to the first post?

:)) I think it is a measure for the obviousity of the question... ;)

Cheers,

Leen

On Friday 04 August 2006 23:09, Leendert Meyer wrote:

> :)) I think it is a measure for the obviousity of the question... ;)

Or the inability to figure out threaded mail readers..... ;-0

--
_____________________________________

On Saturday 05 August 2006 09:14, John Andersen wrote:
> On Friday 04 August 2006 23:09, Leendert Meyer wrote:
> > :)) I think it is a measure for the obviousity of the question... ;)
>
> Or the inability to figure out threaded mail readers..... ;-0

LOL ... Hmm, new emoticon?

Cheers,

Leen

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

SPAM: Re: SV: SV: l = ls -l

James Knott
jhb wrote:
> Check bash.bashrc  for alias l="l -alf"
> you well need to add an alias to your .bash file

The type command shows what kind of command it is.

$ type l
l is aliased to `ls -alF'

Once you know it's an alias, you can search the usual suspects, to see
where it's set.

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]