Re: Permission to translate your page at http://doc.opensuse.org/

Juergen Weigert-2
Hello Anja!

> Dear Sir,
>

> 2 weeks ago I have asked for your permission to translate your web page and
> I didn’t hear any from you since.

I am sorry, your email was overlooked.
Thanks for pinging again.

> I really think that is important to connect ex Yugoslavian people with the
> information that I ‘ve found on your web page.

You have full permission to translate our contents.
(Everything should be under GFDL or CC-BY-... licenses. If you find
something where the license is unclear, or would not allow translation,
please let us know.)

> I hope that you will find time to review it,it would mean a lot to me.

Karl, do we have a mailing list, where Anja could get further assistance?

thanks,
        JW-

--
 o \  Juergen Weigert  paint it green!    __/ _=======.=======_
<V> | [hidden email]       back to ascii!  __/        _---|____________\/

SuSE. Supporting Linux since 1992. ☺

Re: Permission to translate your page at http://doc.opensuse.org/

Karl Eichwalder
Juergen Weigert <[hidden email]> writes:

>> I hope that you will find time to review it,it would mean a lot to me.
>
> Karl, do we have a mailing list, where Anja could get further assistance?

For software translation it is [hidden email], and for
Web translations it is probably either [hidden email] or
[hidden email].

Find all MLs here:

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mailing_lists

--
Karl Eichwalder                              SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
R&D / Documentation                          Maxfeldstraße 5

Re: Permission to translate your page at http://doc.opensuse.org/

Rajko M.
On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 15:53:09 +0100
Karl Eichwalder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For software translation it is [hidden email], and
> for Web translations it is probably either [hidden email]
> or [hidden email].

The opensuse-wiki is alias for opensuse-web.

It would be good to have all in one place and that would be
[hidden email] , or even better
[hidden email] .

Using opensuse-web for translations is counter productive:
* It is intuitive to look for translation related list if you want to
  contribute in that area
* Translators are on [hidden email] so they can
  share translation related experience (not process and tools, but
  actual translation)
* Wiki is not the only web translation for a long time, and wiki
  translations are not handled in optimal way.
* Particular http://doc.opensuse.org is a good example of web page
  where translation happens outside server and web guys can't help
  translator.

As a matter of fact this list is actually all we need to handle docs
and translations, including web translations, and leave opensuse-web
for technical and layout aspects of web infrastructure.

--
Regards, Rajko.