Re: Documentation of openSUSE 42.1

Frank Sundermeyer
On Monday, 27 March 2017 16:31:18 CEST Bergmann, Georg, OPS3-F2 wrote:

Hello Mr. Bergmann,

>i have one question / problem: I want to download the documentation of
>openSUSE 42.1 from your documentation archive, but I get for every
>link the answer: object not found. (example link:
>https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1/startup/book.
>opensuse.startup_color_en.pdf)
>
>Maybe the link is dead or the documentation is deleted.
>Is there any solution for my problem?

sorry, something seems to have gone wrong with the last update. I have
fixed the problem now - the links should work now. Make sure to Shift
+Reload the page in your browser to get the updated version of the page
rather than the one from your browser cache.

--
Regards
        Frank

Frank Sundermeyer, Project Manager Documentation
SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755;  http://www.opensuse.org/
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imend├Ârffer, Jane Smithard,
                     Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG N├╝rnberg)

Re: Documentation of openSUSE 42.1

PatrickD Garvey
On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 7:48 AM, Frank Sundermeyer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Monday, 27 March 2017 16:31:18 CEST Bergmann, Georg, OPS3-F2 wrote:
>
> Hello Mr. Bergmann,
>
>>i have one question / problem: I want to download the documentation of
>>openSUSE 42.1 from your documentation archive, but I get for every
>>link the answer: object not found. (example link:
>>https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1/startup/book.
>>opensuse.startup_color_en.pdf)
>>
>>Maybe the link is dead or the documentation is deleted.
>>Is there any solution for my problem?
>
> sorry, something seems to have gone wrong with the last update. I have
> fixed the problem now - the links should work now. Make sure to Shift
> +Reload the page in your browser to get the updated version of the page
> rather than the one from your browser cache.
>
> --
> Regards
>         Frank

I don't know what the results for Mr. Bergmann are, but I receive an
"Object not found!" error message when I attempt to retrieve
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1/startup/book
even with a Shift+Reload.

Testing the sub-directories yields the following:
https://doc.opensuse.org displays the page which contains
<title>doc.opensuse.org - Documentation Guides &amp; Manuals</title>
which nicely displays the various options for openSUSE Leap 42.2, not
42.1.
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation responds with "Access forbidden!"
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive responds with "Object not found!"
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1 responds with
"Object not found!"
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1/startup
responds with "Object not found!"
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1/startup/startup
responds with "Object not found!"
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1/startup/startup/book
responds with "Object not found!"

So, it seems to me https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive is
the problem.

Since the Leap 42.2 Startup displays from
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/leap/startup/html/book.opensuse.startup/index.html
I can't begin to guess where the archive copy of the Leap 42.1 Startup
would be placed.

Re: Documentation of openSUSE 42.1

PatrickD Garvey
On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 12:53 PM, PatrickD Garvey
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 7:48 AM, Frank Sundermeyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Monday, 27 March 2017 16:31:18 CEST Bergmann, Georg, OPS3-F2 wrote:
>>
>> Hello Mr. Bergmann,
>>
>>>i have one question / problem: I want to download the documentation of
>>>openSUSE 42.1 from your documentation archive, but I get for every
>>>link the answer: object not found. (example link:
>>>https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1/startup/book.
>>>opensuse.startup_color_en.pdf)
>>>
>>>Maybe the link is dead or the documentation is deleted.
>>>Is there any solution for my problem?
>>
>> sorry, something seems to have gone wrong with the last update. I have
>> fixed the problem now - the links should work now. Make sure to Shift
>> +Reload the page in your browser to get the updated version of the page
>> rather than the one from your browser cache.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>         Frank
>
> I don't know what the results for Mr. Bergmann are, but I receive an
> "Object not found!" error message when I attempt to retrieve
> https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1/startup/book
> even with a Shift+Reload.
>
> Testing the sub-directories yields the following:
> https://doc.opensuse.org displays the page which contains
> <title>doc.opensuse.org - Documentation Guides &amp; Manuals</title>
> which nicely displays the various options for openSUSE Leap 42.2, not
> 42.1.
> https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation responds with "Access forbidden!"
> https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive responds with "Object not found!"
> https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1 responds with
> "Object not found!"
> https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1/startup
> responds with "Object not found!"
> https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1/startup/startup
> responds with "Object not found!"
> https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1/startup/startup/book
> responds with "Object not found!"
>
> So, it seems to me https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive is
> the problem.
>
> Since the Leap 42.2 Startup displays from
> https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/leap/startup/html/book.opensuse.startup/index.html
> I can't begin to guess where the archive copy of the Leap 42.1 Startup
> would be placed.

And even when I notice I missed a bad line wrap that broke the file
name at the period following book and use the unwrapped
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1/startup/book.opensuse.startup_color_en.pdf
I still get "Object not found!"

Re: Documentation of openSUSE 42.1

PatrickD Garvey