Re: Archlinux Community disappeared]

Andreas Baumann-2
On Tue, Jan 02, 2018 at 09:27:10AM +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
> On Samstag, 30. Dezember 2017, 14:18:50 CET wrote Andreas Baumann:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I click on "Repositories", "Add Repositories' I cannot
> > see the "Archlinux Community" Repository anymore. I was
>
> I don't think it was ever there .... but added now.

Thanks. :-)

> > able to select it from home:andreas_baumann but I'm not able
> > to select it for another user.
> >
> > BTW: The distinction in Core/Extra and Community doesn't make much
> > sense for Archlinux as you usually need all three of them to build
> > software.
>
> Well, it decreases most likely the level of trust since you give
> more people a chance to modify your build ... or why does Arch organize
> it in different repos?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/official_repositories#community

'core' is most trusted as it needs signoffs for being published to
stable download locations. The others are supervised by Trusted Users
and don't need signoffs.

The difference between extra and community is not all that clear.
And what makes things difficult is when a package (cmake) in extra
needs a package in community (rhash). I was pointing that out
upstream and I got the confirmation that they don't make extra
checks that a package in 'extra' doesn't depend on things in
'community'.

So, C/make projects can be built with Arch_Core, but a C++/Cmake
project needs Arch_Community.

So, actually people should be able to choose between Arch_Core,
Arch_Extra and Arch_Community and they have to pick the right repo.

So, I think, all is ok as it is. :-)

Greetings

Andreas

--

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Andreas Baumann
Trottenstrasse 20
CH-8037 Zuerich
Telefon: +41(0)76/373 01 29
E-mail: [hidden email]
Homepage: www.andreasbaumann.cc

SLE_12_SP3, x86_64 unresolvable: nothing provides php7 = 7.0.7 needed by php7-devel

Andreas Baumann-2
Hi,

I seem to be unable to build a php module using php7 on SLE 12 SP3.

My SPEC-file contains a 'BuildRequires: php7-devel'.

What am I doing wrong?

Greetings

Andreas