RPM groups: Dev/Libraries or Dev/Languages or both

RPM groups: Dev/Libraries or Dev/Languages or both

Jan Engelhardt-4

Currently, more than one category is in circulation for a particular
language environment provided by the distribution, specifically I
noticed this with

factory# grep Development/Languages/Python *spec | wc -l
1215
factory# grep Development/Libraries/Python *spec | wc -l
399

(It also happens for some others like Perl, Haskell, ...)

There was a little discussion off the side previously, psimons made a
comment, if I understood it right, is that one could be used for tooling
and the other for modules.
https://github.com/openSUSE/spec-cleaner/pull/198#issuecomment-320931621

His comment seems valid to me in principle, as we do make the difference
for C and C++, where the tooling usually lands in Development/Tools/*
and modules in Development/Libraries/C and C++.

However, the difference between "Languages/Py" and "Libraries/Py" seems
too small that it could make a difference - or stating the problem
differently: "would the user know the difference between the two?"
Should we preferably just use a single RPM group?

Reaching out to see what people think..