Question regarding weblate

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Question regarding weblate

medwinz
Hi,

I made a translation for yast-slide-show to Indonesian (id) language
about a month ago (I think more, I forget the exact date) but it
appears in git that the language is "in", which is wrong. It should be
"id" for Indonesian.

AFAIR there was no choice to select "id" or "in", it was only
translate to Indonesian

Also in in weblate it appears as
https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/yast-slide-show/master/in/ ,
instead of https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/yast-slide-show/master/id/

We just realize it, so another id translator create the new
translation for yast-slide-show and I upload the .po files to the
weblate.

It also happens in zypper translation for Indonesian.

Anyone can help to fix this, or show me how to correct this thing?

Thanks in advance

--
Edwin
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question regarding weblate

Karl Eichwalder
medwinz <[hidden email]> writes:

> I made a translation for yast-slide-show to Indonesian (id) language
> about a month ago (I think more, I forget the exact date) but it
> appears in git that the language is "in", which is wrong. It should be
> "id" for Indonesian.
>
> AFAIR there was no choice to select "id" or "in", it was only
> translate to Indonesian

I consider this a bug.  At least, adding language codes everywhere often
helps a lot to avoid confusion.  As you indicate, the Web interface must
say:

    translate to Indonesian (id)

or:

    translate to German (de)

> Anyone can help to fix this, or show me how to correct this thing?

Can you please open a bug and assign it to one of the Weblate developers
(does Weblate already exist as a category?).  Thanks for your help!

--
Karl Eichwalder            SUSE Linux GmbH
R&D / Documentation        Maxfeldstraße 5
                           90409 Nürnberg, Germany
GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question regarding weblate

Max Lin


On 10/19/2016 04:13 PM, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

> medwinz <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> I made a translation for yast-slide-show to Indonesian (id) language
>> about a month ago (I think more, I forget the exact date) but it
>> appears in git that the language is "in", which is wrong. It should be
>> "id" for Indonesian.
>>
>> AFAIR there was no choice to select "id" or "in", it was only
>> translate to Indonesian
>
> I consider this a bug.  At least, adding language codes everywhere often
> helps a lot to avoid confusion.  As you indicate, the Web interface must
> say:
>
>     translate to Indonesian (id)
>
> or:
>
>     translate to German (de)
>
>> Anyone can help to fix this, or show me how to correct this thing?
>
> Can you please open a bug and assign it to one of the Weblate developers
> (does Weblate already exist as a category?).  Thanks for your help!
>

Karl, there is a ticket to track this issue already
https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/14280 :)

Regards,
Max
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question regarding weblate

medwinz
On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 5:23 PM, Max Lin <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> On 10/19/2016 04:13 PM, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
>>
>> medwinz <[hidden email]> writes:
>>
>>> I made a translation for yast-slide-show to Indonesian (id) language
>>> about a month ago (I think more, I forget the exact date) but it
>>> appears in git that the language is "in", which is wrong. It should be
>>> "id" for Indonesian.
>>>
>>> AFAIR there was no choice to select "id" or "in", it was only
>>> translate to Indonesian
>>
>>
>> I consider this a bug.  At least, adding language codes everywhere often
>> helps a lot to avoid confusion.  As you indicate, the Web interface must
>> say:
>>
>>     translate to Indonesian (id)
>>
>> or:
>>
>>     translate to German (de)
>>
>>> Anyone can help to fix this, or show me how to correct this thing?
>>
>>
>> Can you please open a bug and assign it to one of the Weblate developers
>> (does Weblate already exist as a category?).  Thanks for your help!
>>
>
> Karl, there is a ticket to track this issue already
> https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/14280 :)
>
> Regards,
> Max

Hi Karl, Max

Thanks for replying.
I want to submit a bug report in the first place but I'm not sure it
is a bug or not. I told Max about this after I sent an email to this
list, and he generously made it one on
https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/14280.

It seems ok now and hope will not make confusion again for translators.
You guys are really helpful.
Thanks again Karl and Max.

Regards,
--
Edwin
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question regarding weblate

Karl Eichwalder
In reply to this post by Max Lin
Max Lin <[hidden email]> writes:

> Karl, there is a ticket to track this issue already
> https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/14280 :)

Yes, but I'm more concerned about the visibility of the language codes.
The human readable names of the languages are nice, but often not good
enough because they are controversial or simply ambiguous.

--
Karl Eichwalder            SUSE Linux GmbH
R&D / Documentation        Maxfeldstraße 5
                           90409 Nürnberg, Germany
GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]