Question on a seccheck mail

Werner Flamme
Hi list,

seccheck sent me a mail from a SLES 12 SP 1. I do not understand what
the mail should tell me.

Subject: *** SECURITY information for <hostname> ***

Content (one line): <hostname> : Mar 12 08:09:24 : root : problem with
defaults entries ; TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ;

<hostname> ist just the placeholder for the real hostname :)

What does "problem with defaults entries" mean?

Puzzled
Werner

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Question on a seccheck mail

Victor Pereira
Hi Werner,

This error is related, probably with sudo. Seccheck is just sending you
the information which was collected in your system.

Doing some google on that error message, I've got the following:

https://superuser.com/questions/1086152/sudo-sending-annoying-alerts-issue-with-defaults-entries

Best regards,

--
Victor Pereira

SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB
21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5

90409 Nürnberg

Re: Question on a seccheck mail

Werner Flamme
Victor Pereira [13.03.2017 13:50]:

> Hi Werner,
>
> This error is related, probably with sudo. Seccheck is just sending you
> the information which was collected in your system.
>
> Doing some google on that error message, I've got the following:
>
> https://superuser.com/questions/1086152/sudo-sending-annoying-alerts-issue-with-defaults-entries
>
> Best regards,

Whoah, how could I miss this page?

Thanks a lot, I'll try to write some ansible code that modifies the
sudoers entry in /etc/nsswitch so that sss is not queried.

Regards,
Werner

--

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment