Problems with Akonadi/KDE PIM after upgrade to 16.04

Problems with Akonadi/KDE PIM after upgrade to 16.04

Vojtěch Zeisek-2
I have following KDE-related repos on 42.1:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Frameworks5/openSUSE_Leap_42.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Qt5/openSUSE_Leap_42.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Applications/openSUSE_Leap_42.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Extra/openSUSE_Leap_42.1/
and I have following KDE PIM and Akonadi packages:
akonadi-contact 16.04.0-49.1
akonadi-search 16.04.0-24.1
akonadi-server 16.04.0-29.5
akonadi-socialutils 16.04.0-49.1
akonadi_resources 16.04.0-60.5
akregator5 16.04.0-60.5
kaddressbook5 16.04.0-60.5
kdepim 16.04.0-60.5
kdepim-addons 16.04.0-4.1
kdepim-apps-libs 16.04.0-1.1
kdepim-runtime 16.04.0-36.1
kdepimlibs4 4.14.10-3.7
kio-pimlibs 16.04.0-49.1
kmail5 16.04.0-60.5
kontact5 16.04.0-60.5
korganizer5 16.04.0-60.5
libKF5AkonadiCalendar5 16.04.0-22.1
libKF5AkonadiContact5 16.04.0-49.1
libKF5AkonadiMime5 16.04.0-49.1
libKF5AkonadiNotes5 16.04.0-49.1
libKF5AkonadiSearch 16.04.0-24.1
libKF5AkonadiSocialUtils5 16.04.0-49.1
libKF5KontactInterface5 16.04.0-21.1
libKF5Libkdepim5 16.04.0-1.6
libKF5PimCommon5 16.04.0-1.4
libKF5PimTextEdit5 16.04.0-23.5
libakonadi4 4.14.10-3.7 # Required by digiKam, has no effect for PIM5
libakonadiprotocolinternals1 1.13.0-3.3
libkdepim 16.04.0-1.6
libkdepimlibs4 4.14.10-3.7 # Required by digiKam, has no effect for PIM5
After upgrade to 16.04 KDE PIM doesn't work at all. Commonly, I log in
and KMail is fetching the mails (I see number of new messages in the
tray icon). But when I open KMail window, it says there is problem with
running Akonadi. I can only click to details (it doesn't do anything), I
can do nothing in the application. Similarly, KOrganizer is showing
reminders, but when I open it, it says there is problem with running
Akonadi and I can't do anything. Same situation is in KAddressBook.
weird id that 'akonadictl status' reports Akonadi as running without any
problem and start/stop/restart do nothing. And more, sometimes when I
log in into KDE, it works as expected.
I was thinking about some version mismatch or missing package, but I
can't find any such case...
Any idea how to fix it?
Vojtěch

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu
Community of the openSUSE GNU/Linux

http://www.opensuse.org/
http://trapa.cz/cs

Re: Problems with Akonadi/KDE PIM after upgrade to 16.04

auxsvr
On Monday, 25 April 2016 11:44:55 EEST Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:

> After upgrade to 16.04 KDE PIM doesn't work at all. Commonly, I
> log in and KMail is fetching the mails (I see number of new messages
> in the tray icon). But when I open KMail window, it says there is
> problem with running Akonadi. I can only click to details (it doesn't
> do anything), I can do nothing in the application. Similarly,
> KOrganizer is showing reminders, but when I open it, it says there is
> problem with running Akonadi and I can't do anything. Same situation
> is in KAddressBook. weird id that 'akonadictl status' reports Akonadi
> as running without any problem and start/stop/restart do nothing. And
> more, sometimes when I log in into KDE, it works as expected.
> I was thinking about some version mismatch or missing package, but I
> can't find any such case...

Occasionally, I have the same problem here. The only way I know of to
make akonadi work again is to kill every akonadi process, then start
kontact.

> Vojtěch
Peter

Re: Problems with Akonadi/KDE PIM after upgrade to 16.04

Luca Beltrame
In data lunedì 25 aprile 2016 11:44:55 CEST, Vojt?ch Zeisek ha scritto:

> I was thinking about some version mismatch or missing package, but I
> can't find any such case...

Is there any information available in .xsession-errors or in the user journal?

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter

Dne středa 27. dubna 2016 10:10:01 CEST, Luca Beltrame napsal(a):
> In data lunedì 25 aprile 2016 11:44:55 CEST, Vojt?ch Zeisek ha scritto:
> > I was thinking about some version mismatch or missing package, but I
> > can't find any such case...
>
> Is there any information available in .xsession-errors or in the user
> journal?

Might be this?
QDBusObjectPath Akonadi::Server::NotificationManager::subscribe(const QString&,
bool) Akonadi::Server::NotificationManager(0x95a660)
"akonadi_followupreminder_agent_2440_fa37Jn" false
QDBusObjectPath Akonadi::Server::NotificationManager::subscribe(const QString&,
bool) Akonadi::Server::NotificationManager(0x95a660)
"akonadi_ical_resource_5_2458_fa37Jn" false
Akonadi::CollectionFetchJob(0x15add90) Unhandled response:  9 "\n{ Response:
\"Transaction\"\nError Code: \"0\"\nError Msg: \"\" }"
Akonadi::CollectionFetchJob(0x12a9890) Unhandled response:  13 "\n{ Response:
\"Transaction\"\nError Code: \"0\"\nError Msg: \"\" }"
Otherwise it says it reads and writes from MYSQL and there is no error...

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu
Community of the openSUSE GNU/Linux

https://www.opensuse.org/
https://trapa.cz/

Re: Problems with Akonadi/KDE PIM after upgrade to 16.04

Martin Koller
On Mittwoch, 27. April 2016 10:10:01 CEST Luca Beltrame wrote:
> In data lunedì 25 aprile 2016 11:44:55 CEST, Vojt?ch Zeisek ha scritto:
>
> > I was thinking about some version mismatch or missing package, but I
> > can't find any such case...
>
> Is there any information available in .xsession-errors or in the user journal?

I have also problems (mainly in kmail - not showing mail body when click on mail, etc.)
and in the .xsession-errors I always see the following:

QueryBuilder::exec(): database reported transaction timeout, retrying transaction
"Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement"

Only solution is to restart akonadi - which I did already 3 times in the last 3 hours ...

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at

In data mercoledì 27 aprile 2016 10:55:18 CEST, Martin Koller ha scritto:

> QueryBuilder::exec(): database reported transaction timeout, retrying
> transaction "Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement"

Just a question, are you using mysql started from Akonadi, or a central
intance on your system?

On Mittwoch, 27. April 2016 10:56:47 CEST Luca Beltrame wrote:
> In data mercoledì 27 aprile 2016 10:55:18 CEST, Martin Koller ha scritto:
>
> > QueryBuilder::exec(): database reported transaction timeout, retrying
> > transaction "Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
> > QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement"
>
> Just a question, are you using mysql started from Akonadi,

this one

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at

Re: Problems with Akonadi/KDE PIM after upgrade to 16.04

Luca Beltrame
In data mercoledì 27 aprile 2016 11:11:03 CEST, Martin Koller ha scritto:

(No need to put me in CC, I'm subscribed)

> this one

Did you try "akonadictl fsck" and "akonadi vacuum"? Go with the former first as
it's totally non destructive, while the second optimizes the database.

On Mittwoch, 27. April 2016 11:13:36 CEST Luca Beltrame wrote:

> In data mercoledì 27 aprile 2016 11:11:03 CEST, Martin Koller ha scritto:
>
> (No need to put me in CC, I'm subscribed)
>
> > this one
>
> Did you try "akonadictl fsck" and "akonadi vacuum"? Go with the former first as
> it's totally non destructive, while the second optimizes the database.

I did the fsck now ...

Moved 14815 unreferenced files to lost+found.
Found 3 collections without RID.
Found 1800 items without RID.
Found 338 dirty items.
... a lot of duplicates ...

Let's see how things go from now on.

BTW: Before the fsck I also got often the following:

DATABASE ERROR:
Error code: 1452
DB error:  "Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`akonadi`.`collectionpimitemrelation`, CONSTRAINT `collectionpimitemrelation_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`PimItem_id`) REFERENCES `pimitemtable` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE)"
Error text: "Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`akonadi`.`collectionpimitemrelation`, CONSTRAINT `collectionpimitemrelation_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`PimItem_id`) REFERENCES `pimitemtable` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE) QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement"
Query: "INSERT INTO CollectionPimItemRelation (Collection_id, PimItem_id) VALUES (:0, :1)"
Error during adding a record to table "CollectionPimItemRelation" "Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`akonadi`.`collectionpimitemrelation`, CONSTRAINT `collectionpimitemrelation_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`PimItem_id`) REFERENCES `pimitemtable` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE) QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement"

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion

On Mittwoch, 27. April 2016 12:56:52 CEST Martin Koller wrote:

> On Mittwoch, 27. April 2016 11:13:36 CEST Luca Beltrame wrote:
> > In data mercoledì 27 aprile 2016 11:11:03 CEST, Martin Koller ha scritto:
> >
> > (No need to put me in CC, I'm subscribed)
> >
> > > this one
> >
> > Did you try "akonadictl fsck" and "akonadi vacuum"? Go with the former first as
> > it's totally non destructive, while the second optimizes the database.
> >

> I did the fsck now ...
>
> Moved 14815 unreferenced files to lost+found.
> Found 3 collections without RID.
> Found 1800 items without RID.
> Found 338 dirty items.
> ... a lot of duplicates ...
>
> Let's see how things go from now on.

did not last very long ... got the same problem again :-(

QueryBuilder::exec(): database reported transaction timeout, retrying transaction
"Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement"

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion

In data giovedì 28 aprile 2016 09:03:15 CEST, Martin Koller ha scritto:

> QueryBuilder::exec(): database reported transaction timeout, retrying
> transaction "Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement"

I have poked the PIM people on how to get more information to diagnose the
issue.