Printing emails

Lívio Cipriano-4
Hi,

I'm using openSuse 42.3 and starting today when I want to print a email
message the box with the message that kmail is going to open an external
browser appears, I click yes for chrome browser and it doesn't render the
message to print, just shows the plain html text. But ... if I open the file
produced by kmail to the browser (with the format kontact.raSPiE) with
firefox, it renders to print. But ... if I alter the name of the file to
kontact.raSPiE.html, Chrome renders it to print.

I've tried to change the default browser to firefox, but kmail always call
Chrome.

Any ideas or similar experiences.

Regards

Lívio Cipriano

Re: Printing emails

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Sonntag, 22. April 2018, 22:11:17 schrieb Lívio Cipriano:
> I've tried to change the default browser to firefox, but kmail always call
> Chrome.

The "default browser" is irrelevant here.
You need to set the preferred application for text/html accordingly (in
systemsettings5->Applications->File Associations).

Or upgrade to a newer Qt5/KF5/Plasma/kmail, either by upgrading to Leap 15.0
or adding the additional KDE:Qt5, KDE:Frameworks5 and KDE:Applications repos
to your 42.3 system (and do a full switch to them).
QtWebEngine (used by current kmail to display mails) has proper print support
since Qt 5.8.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Re: Printing emails

Lívio Cipriano-4
On segunda-feira, 23 de abril de 2018 10:05:40 WEST Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
>  adding the additional KDE:Qt5, KDE:Frameworks5 and KDE:Applications repos
> to your 42.3 system (and do a full switch to them).
> QtWebEngine (used by current kmail to display mails) has proper print
> support since Qt 5.8.
That was my solution.
Thanks
Lívio Cipriano