Please update NVIDIA repo for TW ..

Verwijs
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Please update NVIDIA repo for TW ..

Patrick Shanahan-2
* Verwijs <[hidden email]> [01-05-18 07:54]:
> Please update NVIDIA repo for TW  ..  At least compatible with Snapshot
> 20180103 ..
>
> Repo:
> http://http.download.nvidia.com/opensuse/tumbleweed/

if you are having a problem, these work quite well:
  http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/
currently using 390.12,
  sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-390.12.run -aqs --install-libglvnd

<old-habit>
** I do reinstall NV*.run whenever I drop from graphical.service and/or
whenever and Mesa pkg is updated/changed
</old-habit>

Re: Please update NVIDIA repo for TW ..

Martin Herkt
On that topic, I’m not sure it’s a good idea to use the long-lived branch for
TW. Not just because of kernel compatibility problems but also because the
short-lived branch tends to get fixes and changes/improvements earlier.
To give a current example: mpv with the Vulkan renderer backend can very
easily stall the entire system due to driver bugs that are not present in the
short-lived branch. Also, the CUDA toolkit currently does not work with the
long-lived branch, but requires a newer version.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Please update NVIDIA repo for TW ..

Andrei Dziahel
Stefan Dirsch did update
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/X11:Drivers:Video/nvidia-gfxG04
so you could build it yourself following the README (given osc has
been set up properly). Worked for me, anyway.

> Please update NVIDIA repo for TW  ..  At least compatible with Snapshot
> 20180103 ..
>
> Repo:
> http://http.download.nvidia.com/opensuse/tumbleweed/
>
> thanks
>

> -----
> Dank U..
> Thank You..
> My Twitter Page:
> http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan
> My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
> http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs
> My Google+ page (follow me please )
> André Verwijs - Google+ .
> --
> Sent from: http://opensuse.14.x6.nabble.com/opensuse-factory-f3292933.html

Andrei Dziahel

Re: Please update NVIDIA repo for TW ..

Konstantin Voinov
Thank you. Good solution for a while.
And I agree with Martin Herkt, that short-term driver would be
preferable for TW, if it possible.