Please include contributors page with LFL

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Please include contributors page with LFL

Alexey Eromenko
Hi all !

Please include "Contributors" page with Lessons for Lizards.
Do you want me to create one?

-Alexey
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please include contributors page with LFL

Thomas Schraitle-2
Hi Alexey,

On Saturday 13 January 2007 04:17, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> Please include "Contributors" page with Lessons for Lizards.
> Do you want me to create one?

What do you think of the Statistics page? There is a list of users who
contributed:

 http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Lfl/Statistics

I know, only users are listed with commit rights.


Bye,
Tom


--
Thomas Schraitle

----------------------------------------------------------------------
SUSE LINUX GmbH      >o)   Documentation Specialist
Maxfeldstrasse 5     /\\    
90409 Nuernberg     _\_v   http://en.opensuse.org/Documentation_Team
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please include contributors page with LFL

Rebecca Walter
On Monday 15 January 2007 08:29, Thomas Schraitle wrote:

> Hi Alexey,
>
> On Saturday 13 January 2007 04:17, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> > Please include "Contributors" page with Lessons for Lizards.
> > Do you want me to create one?
>
> What do you think of the Statistics page? There is a list of users who
> contributed:
>
>  http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Lfl/Statistics
>
> I know, only users are listed with commit rights.

I think he means an authors list in the book.  Would that be possible?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please include contributors page with LFL

Thomas Schraitle-2
Hi,

On Monday 15 January 2007 08:38, Rebecca Walter wrote:
> [...]
> >  http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Lfl/Statistics
> >
> > I know, only users are listed with commit rights.
>
> I think he means an authors list in the book.  Would that be
> possible?

Sure. :) If you think this is useful, go ahead. :-)


Bye,
Tom

--
Thomas Schraitle

----------------------------------------------------------------------
SUSE LINUX GmbH      >o)   Documentation Specialist
Maxfeldstrasse 5     /\\    
90409 Nuernberg     _\_v   http://en.opensuse.org/Documentation_Team
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please include contributors page with LFL

Rebecca Walter
On Monday 15 January 2007 09:37, Thomas Schraitle wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Monday 15 January 2007 08:38, Rebecca Walter wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > >  http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Lfl/Statistics
> > >
> > > I know, only users are listed with commit rights.
> >
> > I think he means an authors list in the book.  Would that be
> > possible?
>
> Sure. :) If you think this is useful, go ahead. :-)

don't we have a file for this that then puts it on the back of the cover page?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please include contributors page with LFL

Thomas Schraitle-2
Hi,

On Monday 15 January 2007 09:43, Rebecca Walter wrote:
>  [... list of authors ...]
>
> don't we have a file for this that then puts it on the back of the
> cover page?

Ahh, sorry now I understand. I thought you want to include a page of
contributors on the Wiki.

Of course, it is possible to list all the authors -- be it on the
cover page, on the second page or wherever it will be. It needs some
modifications in the stylesheets. I don't know when I have time to
work on it.


Bye,
Tom

--
Thomas Schraitle

----------------------------------------------------------------------
SUSE LINUX GmbH      >o)   Documentation Specialist
Maxfeldstrasse 5     /\\    
90409 Nuernberg     _\_v   http://en.opensuse.org/Documentation_Team
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please include contributors page with LFL

Alexey Eromenko
Hi all !

OK, I built such an "Authors" page. Unfortunately it is not full,
because I don't know a lot of details. Please help me.

-Alexey Eremenko.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please include contributors page with LFL

Thomas Schraitle-2
Hi Alexey,

On Monday 15 January 2007 20:53, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
>
> OK, I built such an "Authors" page. Unfortunately it is not full,
> because I don't know a lot of details. Please help me.

Ahh, I see now what you meant in your first mail. I did some small
modifications see preface.xml.

For the future, I would suggest another alternative:
With the help of XSLT, we could extract all authors from the sect1info
and add it automatically to the preface.
This has the advantage that nobody is forgotten, however it needs some
discipline to add some necessary elements.
Please be patient with me as I have other duties at the moment. :)

Alexey, could you do me a favor? Please provide meaningful log
messages for your next commit. :-) This helps everybody to see what's
going on with a file just by running "svn log FILENAME".
It is really dangerous and a waste of time to search for things that
should be mentioned in a log message. You don't have to be verbose,
just a small notice is enough. :)

You can do it with:
  svn commit -m"Put your log message here" YOU_FILES


Thanks,
Tom

--
Thomas Schraitle

----------------------------------------------------------------------
SUSE LINUX GmbH      >o)   Documentation Specialist
Maxfeldstrasse 5     /\\    
90409 Nuernberg     _\_v   http://en.opensuse.org/Documentation_Team
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]