Plasma Widgets and Background suddenly missing

Plasma Widgets and Background suddenly missing

ASSI

As the subject says, my widgets are suddenly missing and the background
settings as well (keeping the greeter wallpaper instead).  I didn't do
an update (as none was available) in between two functional and two
degraded boots.  Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on?
It's easy enough to reset the background from wallpaper to solid color,
but I don't really look forward to re-create all widgets and position
them the way I had them before.

Regards,
Achim.

Re: Plasma Widgets and Background suddenly missing

Patrick Shanahan-2
* ASSI <[hidden email]> [02-25-20 01:11]:

> As the subject says, my widgets are suddenly missing and the background
> settings as well (keeping the greeter wallpaper instead).  I didn't do
> an update (as none was available) in between two functional and two
> degraded boots.  Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on?
> It's easy enough to reset the background from wallpaper to solid color,
> but I don't really look forward to re-create all widgets and position
> them the way I had them before.

try:
  kquitapp5 plasmashell && kstart5 plasmashell && sleep 5 && exit

Patrick Shanahan writes:
> try:
>   kquitapp5 plasmashell && kstart5 plasmashell && sleep 5 && exit

That finishes plasmashell and starts it again, no desktop widgets either way.

Regards,
Achim.

Re: Plasma Widgets and Background suddenly missing

Patrick Shanahan-2
* Achim Gratz <[hidden email]> [02-25-20 15:55]:
> Patrick Shanahan writes:
> > try:
> >   kquitapp5 plasmashell && kstart5 plasmashell && sleep 5 && exit
>
> That finishes plasmashell and starts it again, no desktop widgets either way.

then wild stabs in the dark:
  zypper ve
  zypper ref;zypper -v dup

or "zypper -v up" if not Tumbleweed.