Planned downtime for many openSUSE services from 2017-10-13 to 2017-10-14

Planned downtime for many openSUSE services from 2017-10-13 to 2017-10-14

Theo Chatzimichos
Hello,

from Friday 2017-10-13 16:00 UTC till Saturday 2017-10-14 16:00 UTC the SUSE
Nuremberg office will have a power outage, for scheduled maintenance on the
building's electricity. Due to that, a number of services will be down. The
only services that will be normally operating are:
- status.opensuse.org
- download.opensuse.org
- static.opensuse.org
- conncheck.opensuse.org

The rest of the services will be fully online on Sunday 2017-10-15. The Heroes
team will try to keep you updated on the situation, and will also send a few
reminders (on the opensuse-announce mailing list) before the incident.

Thanks for the understanding.
On behalf of the heroes team and the SUSE-IT team

Theo

Re: Planned downtime for many openSUSE services from 2017-10-13 to 2017-10-14

Theo Chatzimichos
On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 09:49:29AM +0200, Theo Chatzimichos wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 02, 2017 at 01:55:53PM +0200, Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > from Friday 2017-10-13 16:00 UTC till Saturday 2017-10-14 16:00 UTC the SUSE
> > Nuremberg office will have a power outage, for scheduled maintenance on the
> > building's electricity. Due to that, a number of services will be down. The
> > only services that will be normally operating are:
> > - status.opensuse.org
> > - download.opensuse.org
> > - static.opensuse.org
> > - conncheck.opensuse.org
> >
> > The rest of the services will be fully online on Sunday 2017-10-15. The Heroes
> > team will try to keep you updated on the situation, and will also send a few
> > reminders (on the opensuse-announce mailing list) before the incident.
> >
> > Thanks for the understanding.
> > On behalf of the heroes team and the SUSE-IT team
>
> Just a reminder about this weekend's outage (sending to multiple mailing lists
> to reach more people, sorry for the cross-posting). Please also be aware that
> due to technical constraints, the above services will not be available through
> IPv6 during the outage.
Last reminder. Good news, the wikis will also be working in read only mode.

Theo

Re: FINISHED: Planned downtime for many openSUSE services from 2017-10-13 to 2017-10-14

Theo Chatzimichos
On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 02:42:24PM +0000, Theo Chatzimichos wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 09:49:29AM +0200, Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 02, 2017 at 01:55:53PM +0200, Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > from Friday 2017-10-13 16:00 UTC till Saturday 2017-10-14 16:00 UTC the SUSE
> > > Nuremberg office will have a power outage, for scheduled maintenance on the
> > > building's electricity. Due to that, a number of services will be down. The
> > > only services that will be normally operating are:
> > > - status.opensuse.org
> > > - download.opensuse.org
> > > - static.opensuse.org
> > > - conncheck.opensuse.org
> > >
> > > The rest of the services will be fully online on Sunday 2017-10-15. The Heroes
> > > team will try to keep you updated on the situation, and will also send a few
> > > reminders (on the opensuse-announce mailing list) before the incident.
> > >
> > > Thanks for the understanding.
> > > On behalf of the heroes team and the SUSE-IT team
> >
> > Just a reminder about this weekend's outage (sending to multiple mailing lists
> > to reach more people, sorry for the cross-posting). Please also be aware that
> > due to technical constraints, the above services will not be available through
> > IPv6 during the outage.
>
> Last reminder. Good news, the wikis will also be working in read only mode.
The outage is now finished, all services are back online. Please let us know in
case you find anything still down / not working. The only exception is that OBS
is lacking some build power as not all systems survived the outage, but we are
in good hope to bring them back in the next days. We plan also to post a
post-mortem in the next days as well.

On behalf of the heroes team and the SUSE-IT team