Planned downtime 2015-06-09: openSUSE Mailing Lists

Planned downtime 2015-06-09: openSUSE Mailing Lists

Theo Chatzimichos
On Tuesday 2015-06-09, from 09:00 to 11:00 UTC, the machine that hosts the
openSUSE Mailing Lists http://lists.opensuse.org will be offline. During that
time, sending or receiving mails to the openSUSE mailing lists, or viewing
their archives will not be possible. All the mails that will be sent during the
downtime will be delayed.

The reason is that the old machine is on an old distribution, and running out
of resources. We will migrate the service to a new virtual machine, that will
integrate it to a new configuration management infrastructure.

We’ll send a followup announcement with the final status as soon as we finish
the migration.

On behalf of the openSUSE Administration team
--
Theo Chatzimichos <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>
System Administrator

Re: [opensuse-project] Planned downtime 2015-06-09: openSUSE Mailing Lists

Theo Chatzimichos
On Thu, Jun 04, 2015 at 02:31:58PM +0200, Theo Chatzimichos wrote:

> On Tuesday 2015-06-09, from 09:00 to 11:00 UTC, the machine that hosts the
> openSUSE Mailing Lists http://lists.opensuse.org will be offline. During that
> time, sending or receiving mails to the openSUSE mailing lists, or viewing
> their archives will not be possible. All the mails that will be sent during the
> downtime will be delayed.
>
> The reason is that the old machine is on an old distribution, and running out
> of resources. We will migrate the service to a new virtual machine, that will
> integrate it to a new configuration management infrastructure.
>
> We’ll send a followup announcement with the final status as soon as we finish
> the migration.
>
> On behalf of the openSUSE Administration team
The migration of the openSUSE Mailing Lists has been finished successfully. If
you encounter any issues, please let us know by mail on [hidden email]