Photosmart Pro B8850 Printer direct from HP

Photosmart Pro B8850 Printer direct from HP

Fred A. Miller
Ok boys and girls. Since we've had printer questions of late, and since
I JUST rec'd this from HP, I'm posting it here. This is the printer I
have and have detailed here more than once. It IS a professional photo
"mid-size" format printer that will give you BOARDERLESS prints up
through 13"x19" with Turboprint. There's also an upper feed so you can
print direct on canvas, etc. I can't recommend this printer enough for
those who want the best output they can get for the money. This is a
good deal for this printer - direct from HP. You also might find the
same price elsewhere.....didn't check. In private mail I've given Basil
details of how to save a LOT of money on ink for this beast.......GOOD,
SAFE ink....not that no name junk sold in stores. My savings are about 90%!

As an aside, I have to admit that I get a BIG "kick" out of other pro.
photographers locally, or Ithaca College students who are studying
photography and get their minds short circuited when they see some of my
printed images, all processed in Bibble Pro, Gimp, and printed...ALL in
Linux. The looks I get are, "How can you do that if you don't use
Microsoft or a Mac?!! 'Just proves that ignorance isn't bliss. :)

Fred

http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/printer/Photosmart/1/storefronts/Q7161A%2523B1H

--
"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to
allow the people to carry arms.  History shows that all

Re: Photosmart Pro B8850 Printer direct from HP

Fred A. Miller
On 02/16/2010 02:27 AM, Koenraad Lelong wrote:

> Fred A. Miller schreef:
>> same price elsewhere.....didn't check. In private mail I've given Basil
>> details of how to save a LOT of money on ink for this beast.......GOOD,
>> SAFE ink....not that no name junk sold in stores. My savings are
>> about 90%!

>> Fred
>>
> Hi Fred,
> I'm a reader of the Suse-mailinglist.
> Your way of saving money on ink, is this specific for that printer, or
> does it apply to other (HP) pinters ? I have a Photosmart 7100 series
> printer. Each color has it's own cartridge. Cartridges are not cheap,
> moreover, the type of cartridge seems rare (type 363).
> Thanks for any info.

'Looks like they do have a refill system for your printer.

Go to: http://www.inksupply.com/prodbyprinter.cfm?printerID=305 To
contact them with questions about your printer:
*_Mailing Address_*
MIS ASSOCIATES, INC
1725 W. Clarkston Rd
Lake Orion, MI 48362 USA
click on map for directions ---------------->

*_Phone Numbers_*
Phn:   (248) 690-7612 ... Order Desk & Technical Support (Eastern)
Fax:   (248) 690-7618 ... Fax Orders - Available 24 hours

Re: Photosmart Pro B8850 Printer direct from HP

Koenraad Lelong
Fred A. Miller schreef:

> 'Looks like they do have a refill system for your printer.
>
> Go to: http://www.inksupply.com/prodbyprinter.cfm?printerID=305 To
> contact them with questions about your printer:
> *_Mailing Address_*
> MIS ASSOCIATES, INC
> 1725 W. Clarkston Rd
> Lake Orion, MI 48362 USA
> click on map for directions ---------------->

Thanks Fred,
I seriously consider using their products since you have good
experiences with them.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Koenraad Lelong

Re: Photosmart Pro B8850 Printer direct from HP

Basil Chupin-2
On 19/02/10 18:07, Koenraad Lelong wrote:

> Fred A. Miller schreef:
>> 'Looks like they do have a refill system for your printer.
>>
>> Go to: http://www.inksupply.com/prodbyprinter.cfm?printerID=305 To
>> contact them with questions about your printer:
>> *_Mailing Address_*
>> MIS ASSOCIATES, INC
>> 1725 W. Clarkston Rd
>> Lake Orion, MI 48362 USA
>> click on map for directions ---------------->
>>
> Thanks Fred,
> I seriously consider using their products since you have good
> experiences with them.

I have the HP Photosmart 8450.

Cannot recommend it enough without going into the realms of creating a
religious sect to follow this printer  :-D .

BC

--
A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. Police are looking into it.

On 02/19/2010 02:07 AM, Koenraad Lelong wrote:

> Fred A. Miller schreef:
>> 'Looks like they do have a refill system for your printer.
>>
>> Go to: http://www.inksupply.com/prodbyprinter.cfm?printerID=305 To
>> contact them with questions about your printer:
>> *_Mailing Address_*
>> MIS ASSOCIATES, INC
>> 1725 W. Clarkston Rd
>> Lake Orion, MI 48362 USA
>> click on map for directions ---------------->
>>
> Thanks Fred,
> I seriously consider using their products since you have good
> experiences with them.

There's none better!

Fred

--
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious
people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any